PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you feel really frustrated when you haven't/can't dress for a while.

Lucy Lou
12-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Hi girls. I was in the situation when I could dress once or twice or even three times a week. I have a selection of lingerie, shoes, dresses, make up wigs, jewelry, and breast forms, but haven't been able to wear any of them for 6 months and I am feeling frustrated to say the least. I have always dressed on and off but the last five years I have gone the whole way with the make up and all the extras. It has always been a part of my life and now it is a big part.

I wonder if anyone else here knows what I am experiencing. I will have to try and arrange an evening when I can be natural with myself but when I don't know.

Anyway, seasons greetings to you all and if anyone has anything to say I would be happy to read it. Hugs Lucy xx:o

pamela7
12-27-2015, 02:46 PM
in a word, yes, the cat is out of the bag ...

JanePeterson
12-27-2015, 02:46 PM
i used to be able to go for years between dressing... but since being able to dress openly at home i start freaking out after about 12 hours of not being "me"

Judy-Somthing
12-27-2015, 02:50 PM
After about a month it's obvious to me I get bitchy

CourtneyBme
12-27-2015, 02:51 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Usually a week is about all I can go without dressing then I become irritated. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

MissDanielle
12-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Yep. Got dressed at Kohl's last Monday to try things on. Went back to guy clothes and let's just say that the depression's not over yet. I need the freedom to be me and this girl cannot be repressed for much longer. Mid-Feb just needs to get here already!!!

Crissy Kay
12-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Oh yes, that happens to me. Even though I am only a part timer, If I cannot dress for a week or so, I can get really moody. Or you could say bitchy!!

Rachelakld
12-27-2015, 03:14 PM
yes and even my wife and kids sence it, they keep telling me I need a girls weekend out of town, or give me times when they won't bring friends around so I can dress at home.

Brandy Mathews
12-27-2015, 03:18 PM
I think that happens to most of us. The "pink fog" hits pretty hard sometimes. It can really work on your brain sometimes too. Not being able to feel more feminine with the makeup, clothes, shoes, forms, wig, will work on a girl's feelings. I definitely know the feeling sister.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Amy Fakley
12-27-2015, 03:24 PM
I can stretch it out to about a month with daily underdressing. By the end of the month though ... I do get subtly bitchy. I try to keep it to myself, but my wife can always tell ... Sometimes I don't even realize, and she'll come to me and say "honey I know what's wrong, you need Amy time!

To which I am only too happy to reply "can do!" LOL

Melissa in SE Tn
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Is the pope catholic? Does a bear s_ _ _ in the woods? Is there frustration in my tone ?

chris63
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Yes. Get really bitchy and grumpy. I have to dress at least once a week. I think that's pretty common from what I hear. The technical term is dysphoria.

reb.femme
12-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Yep! Got a whole stomach full of yearning just busting to get out. My second son has been staying with us over Xmas and while I can dress when he is here, I sense my wife isn't so keen during this time. I feel like I could climb the walls at the moment, as my girl is screaming for release and that's after about a week of not dressing.

Looking to go out dressed in a near by town in two days time. Spent the late afternoon in the bath, shaving arms and legs and have just first coated my toe nails with a nice purple. Bit of DIY tomorrow then its nails on hands ready for Wednesday...ish!

Becky

Julie Denier
12-27-2015, 04:02 PM
Yes - I dress very sporadically, usually only when I travel for work, so once a month if I'm lucky. It's a challenge not to think about dressing in the in-between times. About three weeks until my next opportunity ...

Robin777
12-27-2015, 04:05 PM
If I don't get to dress for a couple of days I usually get pretty hard to live with. Dressing calms me down.

Dana44
12-27-2015, 04:13 PM
I am used to four days out of the seven days of the week. Every once in a while my SO wants me to be manly. But after about a week I get pretty frustrated and start dressing.

Candice June Lee
12-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Yes I'm a grump from hades. Which as we came to find out, was the reason for my lifetime of grumpiness.

EllieMayxxx
12-27-2015, 04:49 PM
I get frustrated easier, a lot easier

LindaAnne
12-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Yes I'm the same, I get grumpy. I don't have as many opportunities to dress as I'd like, but I've found that shopping cures the itch (well enough anyway)!

Brooke B
12-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Oh yes. So as of 6 months I've been sleeping enfemme every night. Christmas we had to spend a day away from home and it sucked.(for the cding part anyway). The wife even asked if I was OK.

Tracii G
12-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Never had a problem because I can dress whenever I want.
I do feel bad for those of you that suffer from this.

sometimes_miss
12-27-2015, 10:42 PM
I think for a lot of crossdressers, our minds use up a certain amount of 'cpu cycles' to suppress the desire to crossdress, and the amount of that processing power required gradually increases over time. For me, it's stress that kicks it in; brain gets busy with dealing with the stress causing issues, and the crossdressing thoughts come charging to the 'front of the line', demanding to be dealt with at any point where we temporarily stop thinking about the task at hand (and of course, whenever we see a pretty anything diverts our attention to girly stuff). Holidays will of course increase the stress level for lots of us.
We can temporarily kick those thoughts into the background again by implementing higher priority thought processes. Anything that puts us into 'survival mode' simulating a dangerous situation or pushing the adrenaline production can do it, also eating, focusing on breathing (try yoga) which includes smoking, drinking, or even working on a project while focusing solely on it can keep the crossdressing monster snoozing for a while.
I dress up female most of the time, other than when I go out of the house. Then, when I put on my 'man uniform', I think of it exactly as that: My uniform required to do a particular task, which I will take off and go back to being 'girl' when I'm done. Same as oh, a scuba diver or astronaut. My man clothing is my work clothes. Nothing more. And even then, I keep in mind that many women wear 'man uniforms' to do certain work, too. Comforting thought to keep me happy.

Tonya Rose
12-27-2015, 11:13 PM
I have a very supportive wife and dress regularly freely. But as of right now were on vacation @ her son`s place 800 miles from home this week and it`s the first time in years i cant dress... Yes it is really starting to piss me off.. I cant wait to get back home!!!:daydreaming:

Robin414
12-28-2015, 02:25 AM
Yep!

Oh come on, what do you mean your business trip was canceled, I was planning a girly night out with the knome!!

Krististeph
12-28-2015, 10:31 AM
I would not call it frustrated exactly, more like 'miffed' or 'skeeved'... This is why I have purple driving gloves in my car- 6 miles to work- a little crossdressing each day keeps the ogre away.

- - - Updated - - -

I dress up female most of the time, other than when I go out of the house. Then, when I put on my 'man uniform', I think of it exactly as that: My uniform required to do a particular task, which I will take off and go back to being 'girl' when I'm done. Same as oh, a scuba diver or astronaut. My man clothing is my work clothes. Nothing more.

I concur with Lexi! I might not dress as much, as you, but that does not mean i do not want to.

Vicky Peters
12-28-2015, 10:32 AM
I can usually keep my desires in check, but I want to dress, I need to dress. All the kids came home for the holidays and are still here. They start to leave this Sat.

IamWren
12-28-2015, 11:19 AM
I think for a lot of crossdressers, our minds use up a certain amount of 'cpu cycles' to suppress the desire to crossdress.... I think Lexi's theory might be true. For some your cpu cycle is quite short, like Jane who said 12 hours and she's freaking out... others like Amy are good for about a month and so on.

I guess I'm one of those whose cpu cycle is quite long. Maybe because I only recently found an interest in dressing at the beginning of the summer in my late 40s. I don't know but I haven't dressed since Sept and my eye isn't starting to twitch or anything so I'm ok.

I guess I sit in the no camp alone on this one.

Stephanie47
12-28-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm a retiree with a working wife. It's a DADT marriage. She works full days on a part time basis. During the school year I may get to be en femme seven hours a day for as many as five days per week. Sometimes she takes herself off the schedule and is home for the entire week. Christmas recess from school is an example of a drought for me. But, I can look forward to January 4th when recess/break is over. The summers are not conducive to being en femme. She is off for ten weeks. I know I have a lot of summer dresses I could wear that are only seeing the light of day during May and early June and after Labor Day. Again, I know she will return to work after Labor Day. She says she will fully retire at age 70. I wonder what will happen then. Hopefully, DADT can be modified.

During the times I cannot be en femme I engage in "retail therapy." During this Christmas break I've bought four new dresses, two bras, four pairs of panties and eight pairs of Berkshire hosiery, two full length slimming slips (black and white). Guess what I'm doing January 4th?

Lily Catherine
12-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I mostly put other priorities first when I don't get the opportunity to dress. Such opportunities are only getting rarer in the near future considering I'm still closeted for the most part.

I don't get frustrated easily over anything to begin with; however the dressing-shaped hole will still be there regardless. It is then my choice to or not to fill it up.

Relationship with family is still NIMBY and dressing is never really discussed. I've chosen to believe that I control the urge to dress to the best of my abilities, to command myself not to dress for the time being. To delay this gratification has been okay for me. But to forsake it altogether?

Sharon B.
12-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Yes my mood changes usually for the worse, but once I get back into that mood of dressing I feel like the weight has been taken off.

Helen_Highwater
12-28-2015, 12:14 PM
I had a good many golden years were I could work from home sometimes 5 days a week with the house all to myself. A job change altered all that for a while until retirement at which point I had the house to myself but perhaps 2-3 days a week so still having chances to dress.
Now the SO has also retired (me in the closet) so dressing opportunities are far scarcer, perhaps once a week for a 3-4 hours if the planets align. What's made this worse is that only a matter of weeks ago I had a week away from home and not only able to dress 24 but also had the opportunity to meet up with 2 others from the forum for a night out. Oh how I long to put heels to pavement again. I'm really missing getting out there. Surviving on a bit of under dressing. Even when I can dress there's still a level of frustration as I'm confined to within 4 walls.

Add to this the 12 days of Christmas so no chances for the duration. I'm really struggling with resisting those bargains in the sales. Two skirts and a blouse keep calling to me but I can't justify the spend if they won't be worn.

Alice B
12-28-2015, 02:22 PM
With out question and right now at a very high level. What makes it worse is that I can't go to DLV this year, which was a week of complete joy.

sabrinaedwards
12-28-2015, 08:28 PM
I am in a DADT relationship in regard to crossdressing. I have experienced what you are feeling; the need never seems to abate. There are times when I have "carte blanche" when my wife is traveling and there are times when I do not have Sabrina times. I feel your pain.
Love, Sabrina

MissTee
12-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Yes, definitely. I can dress as needed most of the time, but there are periods of time I can't and I start to lose my gentle composure . . . like the last 2 plus weeks of holidays and the steady influx of relatives.

kittie60
12-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Yes I use to get that way and it put me all outs whack. Now I just have to decide what to wear for the day.

Athena_
12-29-2015, 10:03 AM
I only get the opportunity to dress for an extended time once a month or so. My relationship with my wife is DADT, and the kids are unaware. The need to dress can make me irritable if I am unable to get an opportunity. Some weeks are worst than others. I do enjoy the limited time that I am able to dress.

Evie82
12-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes!! Sadly I'm in a state of almost constant frustration these days due to lack of space and opportunity :(

Tina_gm
12-29-2015, 12:40 PM
My answer may be a bit different than many. I don't seem to have a set time when it starts to bother me more, I become irritable after however long. I can not dress for sometimes a few weeks, and I might not feel all that bad about it. Or, I might be dressed many days out of the week, and I might find the urge still. It seems rather random for me as far as intensity goes. It is always in the background. It never feels wrong for me. It just seems that sometimes more right than others, and not necessarily because of frequency or lack there of.

Sandie70
12-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Absolutely. Especially when I have new clothes and want to get out and about in them.