PDA

View Full Version : A Most Amazing Transformation

S. Lisa Smith
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?chid=5&schid=1310&secid=1327&cid=453086&pagenum=2

A male Mexican soap opera star becomes a beautiful woman for the stage production of The Adventuress. Wow!

http://u.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/ent/fam/2004/09/xavier_bugam15_040907.jpg

Shelby
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I just wish I could speak and read spanish. I would have like to know more about how they made the wig look so seamless, that must have been an expensive wig if they were curling it.

SaraGoth
02-15-2006, 11:35 PM
In Japan, when someone wants to dress up as a Maiko/Geiko/Geisha/Oiran, the makeup people put a 'katsura' or wig on you and sometimes BLEND in your natural hair. They did with my sisters when I took them to Kyoto last summer. The wig line is place just above your normal hair line and they take strands and blend it in, adding a black power/dye that's rinseable later, to match the wig color. So, they probably used a similar technique with this Mexican star.

I wish I could get a make-over like that!

Sarayuki :D

Danai
02-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Can't say much....Perfect.....

S. Lisa Smith
02-15-2006, 11:40 PM
You can actually get each page translated (kind of) using google. I did. There's not much real information however.

DonnaT
02-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Take the URL and do a google search. Once google finds the page it will have an option to translate the page, just click on "Translate this page"

Wenda
02-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Absolutely incredible! Just confirms I need to get back to Mexico.

epona999
02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Does anyone have a secret for making a THICK neck look more slender and longer?? Unfortunately I have wide shoulders and almost no neck so I have a very hard time looking Femme

surgery is an option if there is such a thing.

Danai
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Does anyone have a secret for making a THICK neck look more slender and longer?? Unfortunately I have wide shoulders and almost no neck so I have a very hard time looking Femme

Try lowering your showlders and lift your head...A little leather and diamond leash might help a bit(on sexuality though)...
Don't think surghery is an option....good luck honey...

rachealgirl
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I just wish I could speak and read spanish. I would have like to know more about how they made the wig look so seamless, that must have been an expensive wig if they were curling it.
Having a theatrical makeup background (I'm a costume designer), I believe the wig has what is called a lace front. Bascially, its a fine neting that goes just in front of your real hairline. Thier are tons of seperated wig hairs "venelated" on to this netting. The resulting effect is a seamless progression from skin to "hair", much like a real hairline. However, this is neting is very visable from about a foot away. But on stage, and in most pictures, it all most totally invisable. Hopes, this helps!! Love R.

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-16-2006, 03:32 AM

V-necked tops/dresses will help, since it will create a longer shape, which will create the illusion of a narrow neck. (If you've got chest hair, you can wear a light-colored cami underneath, although you might need to shave a little.) It also helps to wear a pendant necklace, which will draw the eye away from your neck.

ReginaK
02-16-2006, 05:52 AM
That looks like a very expensive transformation as well.

But the irony is, usually when someone goes through that much, they come out looking phoney and drag queeny.

If your goal is to look like an average woman, you could probably get away with a lot less drastic of a transformation.

jo_ann
02-16-2006, 07:01 AM
yeah you see wig applications like that on SNL-type shows all the time.. racheal is right, it's some kind of netted hair attached to a comb or adhesive. it's amazing work most of the time, but it's obviously very time consuming. Must be nice to be able to get a hollywood makeup job done.. it'd almost be worth getting into acting just for that.

swiss_susan
02-16-2006, 08:02 AM

You might try the rack :bs:

Susan

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
...amazing but a little drag like. Love the dress. Lot's of advertising for 15 pictures.

Julia

MsEva
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Stunning look, not for your everyday, going to get groceries look...but hey a girl can go to the Emmies to!:o

Teal
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow, and how did they do those brows...looks like they covered them up with soap? and then drew on the high-arched thin lines. I'd love to try that..and maybe not so dramatic, but just enough to get away with. Yes, it's a sexy look if you're going to a club, but would draw much attention for just out and about.

Amanduhrob
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Killer brows, I wish I were that lucky, and photogenic.

Deborah
02-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Amazing...and all without plastic surgery!! :D

MarinaTwelve200
02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Hmmmm---That hairline looks like a Photo shop SMUDGE. Ive done similar things to my own pics.

Also I hear that the BEST thing to put on eyebrows to hide them is not soap, but the Elmer glue STICK----(it washes off)

rachealgirl
02-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow, and how did they do those brows...looks like they covered them up with soap? and then drew on the high-arched thin lines. I'd love to try that..and maybe not so dramatic, but just enough to get away with. Yes, it's a sexy look if you're going to a club, but would draw much attention for just out and about.
Hi everyone. Teal, yes they used soap. What they did was tech. in the theater called "blocking them out". Basically, use a bar of soap and repeatedly cover the eyebrows, fowling the direction of the hairs. After SERVAL applications of soap the brows will stick together and lay flat. The next step is to cover the soap in a VERY heavy base. And, as you said draw in the new eyebrows. Overall, the transformation in this is very good, but it is pretty typical m to f techniques for the stage being used. “For the stage” is the optimum word, up close ( 5 feet or so) the blocking of the eye brows looks like two very large bumps on you forehead with some lines drawn on them. Being a c.d. and a costume designer, I would really not recommend many of the techniques used in this transformation unless you are going for a very drag look. Hope this helps! Love. R.

jo_ann
02-17-2006, 12:29 AM
using babelfish, it reads:

Of the divorce to the change of sex Xavier Ortiz already surpassed the bitter drink after his divorce with Paty Manterola, with that happened more than one decade. Now the actor undertakes a new challenge and is nothing less than to change of sex! But through the magic of the maquillaje, a blond hair, atuendos sexies, shoes of heel and in two hours of transformation, the handsome gallant becomes Bugambilia. He follows this surprising change step by step.

The base, very important Xavier arrives every day very precise at the theater, and relaxed because he knows that the time is gold, he is prepared to give cambiazo. The first step is to apply a base of corrector in all its face to unify the tone of the skin. The maquillista Minerva Garci'a is the one who is in charge to make this process

Of the forehead to the neck Already unified tone of his skin, now delineates him lips so that these are not stained with the traslucido dust, that puts to him in all the face, manage to him to disappear the brightness and they leave an enviable face him. This maquillaje is applied from the forehead, the parpados ones, to the neck.

Eyes color emerald For which their eyes green color stand out still more, the maquillista complete him flock by his populated eyebrows with a bar soap, applies to corrector and the maquillaje to him in dust, to give him to passage to a pencil brown color and to paint the eyebrows to him in delineated form and with curve al style Maria Felix. Good trick small! During all the characterization Xavier it is not possible to be moved to avoid that they are you fold in the face.

Tips of maquillaje It cannot lack a good rizador of eyelashes, later to apply rimel, although to the actor they put detachable eyelashes to him so that their eyes shine greater and showy. "In the parpados ones it takes to a shade base white color to uniform it and later the color shades more hard", it explained the maquillista. The ex- husband of Paty Manterola is very contented with the opportunity that gave Saline Carmen him in the Adventurous play.

And still lack! Every time the surprising change is more well-known, but still lack more, will remain with the square eye. Underneath the eyes it has a shade in white color, to avoid see the ojeras. The effect of the nose, revealed Minerva the maquillista, takes control of two types of shades clear and a dark one, therefore it is seen thinner, with which its face is sharpened in diamond form. Another secret is that in the nose they place special pieces to him so that is respingada.

Very strong shades For this step, already almost one hour passed and now they begin with the maquillaje of the eyes. Very strong shades in brown, white and red color, this painting must be more exaggerated since the one is a personage that is intepretando. During the characterization Xavier one is in his dressing room in where it has two mirrors one of complete body and one with lights, in addition bottles to water and good music to relax.

Everything according to its personality Delineating its eyes to emphasize them more. Blush in color earth so that their pómulos are marked and its face is seen more sharpened. The style of the maquillaje was the responsibility of Javier of the Rose, it was the one who chose the colors that better had left to Xavier and it saw itself like all a sensual woman. The clothes are special for the actor, and with which it suffers are the averages, because it always breaks them.

"the first and last one" This one is the first time that the actor characterizes itself like woman, which makes its personage more attractive, without leaving to the most important side for him, the performance. Also he must sing live during the putting in scene, which requires an extra effort. All this causes that their personage is everything a challenge. "When it lived in the Angels I saw to" drag queens "and now I am doing almost the same, but this is the first time that I will do it".

Fleshy lips In the end the mouth in a pink tone is painted so that their lips are fleshy and tempting. "Me sorpende as the women can be done all this, in so just a short time", commented Xavier while they gave the last adjustments him and thus to make its triunfal entrance like Bugambilia.

Making the normal loop While they are in the characterization process, another person is in charge to fix the wig that will carry the actor. The wig has estár clean to cepillar it and to disentangle it, later with the rizador they give to form initiating by fleco and soon the ends him so that natural fringes are seen.

Blond weakness Surprising, Xavier Ortiz either with the wig and the finished maquillaje, not even recognizes itself, is the more, one that another confused one would request its telephone to him or it would invite a glass to him. "Uff... finally we finished, now comes the good thing, because the dress, the averages and the heels are not far from easy", it indicated.

Sexy in the details Clear the feminine touch an emerald necklace that matches with their dress in green color. "I am happy with the personage but really they surprise the people to me of Television, because I am another one", Xavier said. By the way that decollete shines natural because the dress is corset that tightens the waist to him, in addition to some truquitos.

Legs of aid Super the sensual Bugambilia! But combined to all the númerito, also it presumes leg that by the way many girls would envy them because they are pure muscle and turned well. "most difficult of everything they are the heels, it does not matter all along of the maquillaje and that I cannot be moved, but the heels are a torture". Surely which Xavier would cause the jealousy of Miguel Bosé, nor he shone biem in Distant Heels so.

Sensual blonde to the attack Taken care of small because this mujerón can clear its gallants to them, clear if these do not realize that is Xavier the one who is underneath all this. But annexed to all the procedure that he has to do before the play and that lasts two hours, by its account the actor must itself shave the legs, the chest and the armpits so that his personage shines still more real.

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
But the irony is, usually when someone goes through that much, they come out looking phoney and drag queeny.

Well this was stage make-up for a stage production, so it's not meant to seen from as nearly as close a distance as the photos. A lot of regular stage actors also look similarly overdone.

But your point is well-taken there are transformation services who seemed to be staffed by people who's experience is in stage make-up. Or on modelling photo shoots where make-up is also quite heavy and looks good in photos but overdone in real-life.

matu
03-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Hello! Has seen photos. It is simple a miracle! It is difficult to believe the eyes. Who knows, prompt, where it is possible to see still similar, step by step transformation?