PDA

View Full Version : Two recent comments from my wife

JamieG
12-28-2015, 10:31 AM
I wanted to share two short stories involving my wife with you.

1) Recently the owner of a local vintage clothing store advertised on Facebook that she was looking for people to model her dresses, and stated that she was open to either gender. My wife encouraged me to volunteer. Although it sounded like fun, I was reluctant, noting that the store posts the photos on their Facebook page, and that we have a number of friends that follow it. My wife shrugged this off, saying that I should just create a Facebook account for Jamie. She seemed to think nobody would recognize me, or at least was unconcerned if they did. This seemed a little too risky to me; and normally it's my wife that is the level-headed one when it comes to my crossdressing. I ended up not doing it, but wonder if I'm passing up on a great opportunity to be more open about my identity.

2) A few days ago my wife was using a razor on her upper lip said to me, "Look, I'm crossdressing." I said, "It's not crossdressing to remove hair." And she said "Well, ladies aren't supposed to have hair here." To which I replied, "Well you'll always be a pretty lady to me." She was touched, saying "Aww, thanks," and impishly replied, "You'll always be a pretty lady to me, too!" I was equally touched, and replied "Aww, thanks!"

bridget thronton
12-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Very nice comments - you have a great wife (the store owner seems pretty cool as well)

tictac43
12-28-2015, 11:04 AM
very cute!! awesome wife :)

Sheila11
12-28-2015, 11:04 AM
A sense of humor can add years to life and love.

Krisi
12-28-2015, 11:05 AM
For #2, you did great. For #1, You are wise to use caution. Anything you put on the Internet is there for keeps, you can't take it away. And things on Facebook get cross-linked pretty easily. Put up a fake account and you'll most likely get a "people you may know" message from Facebook linking you to your fake account.

If there's a way to do the modeling and photos with your head turned, that might be fun. Just keep the names out of it. Use a fake name but don't link it to a Facebook account.

Adelaide
12-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Wow....your wife is embracing who you really are....that's fantastic....I sure wish my SO would do the same (been trying for 20 years).....

pamela7
12-28-2015, 03:52 PM
that is lovely, and yes, go for it, from your Avatar, you can pull it off!

Pat
12-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Cute. :)

As to modelling -- do what makes you comfortable. There's always another gig. Just because it's not for you right now, doesn't mean you won't want to try it later. As long as that store is open they'll have a need for models. (And, yes, it goes out on the 'net forever. Some people are OK with that. )

Tara Rushing
12-28-2015, 04:02 PM
That is an awesome story. Congrats on having an awesome wife and sounds like you must be a swell husband as well.

Tina_gm
12-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Your wife sounds pretty cool with all of this. That is fantastic for you. Never forget how fortunate you are. As for the opportunity, eh, even though your wife is ok with it, you didn't feel comfortable with it. I think you did the right thing there. Unless you have a goal to be 100% out to everyone, no need to push the comfort level to where whatever you are doing you are not enjoying because of lack of comfort or awkwardness or whatever.

jenniferinsf
12-29-2015, 12:03 PM
fantastic opportunity...i hope next time you will feel comfortable enough to accept the invite to model

your wife sounds like someone who cares deeply for who you want to be.

emma-louise
12-30-2015, 05:08 AM
What a great wife you have xx

Krististeph
12-30-2015, 05:27 AM
Sounds like she understands your crossdressing, and is making an effort to be (or just simply is) comfortable with it. Relationships take work, even good relationships, and it sounds like she is really working hard to understand her husband. I sometimes wonder if i would be as understanding if the situation were reversed...

Amanda Monica
12-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Wonderful wife! Though I would echo some of the others about public modeling. Caution a good idea. I suppose it depends on the type of community where you live /work.

Stephanie Julianna
12-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Jamie, as I get to learn more about you and your wife I see one of the most incredible love stories here. Please let her know how we feel about her here. Her loving support for you supports all of us here. I'm sure many of the girls here would agree with that. Knowing there are women out there that accept us makes me feel better about myself even after all these years of self acceptance. Love , Steph

Jaylyn
12-30-2015, 08:24 AM
An accepting wife is with her weight in gold and sounds like you have a great fortune there. Keep loving each other and let ya'lls lives be an inspiration to love each other more. Wishing you and yours many happy years together.

josrphine
12-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi JamieG, There are more an more suportive wives an S O that are coming to light on here. My wife gave me the book Crossdressing with Dignity by Peggy J Rudd for Xmas. I read it in a day an a half. She wants to read it now. It has opened a few more doors for me that were not wide open. My wife wants me to be a good looking women as she loves beauty. We do go to a lot of places together as sister an enjoy our selfs. Being that my wife for a older women is still very beautiful she want me to look good too. I have lost 50 lbs an can now fit into a 14W skirt an dress, I now am able to wear a pantie with a butt in it to gives me a little more rear. It has opened my hips too. I now have a womens shape. Make up came natural for me . At our church I get a lot of complements, an in other places the same. I feel that our world is becoming more in tune to us C Ds as long as we dress durning the day with DIGNITY. Jo

1958Candi
12-31-2015, 07:20 AM
What a great story. It must feel so liberating that you can talk to your wife about dressing. Enjoy your freedom!

- - - Updated - - -

Krististeph, that was a profound comment you made "I sometimes wonder if i would be as understanding if the situation were reversed... "

I think that I would but if I found out about ANYTHING that was hidden from me during our marriage, it would rock my world.

desertrider
12-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Facebook warnings are appropriate. I had a separate account. Then I friended a few people with both, now facebook sends anyone I friend with one a friend suggestion for the other in about a day. Facebook is super creepy about how little they need to put 2 & 2 together, I'm sure they can do it with less info than I gave. Makes it pretty obvious how thoroughly the NSA knows each of us :(

All of which is really not a problem for me at this point, I'm running out of people who don't know about Summer, but it may or may not be a problem for you...

Hugs!

Jane G
12-31-2015, 09:23 AM
Wives can be just so awesome. :)

JamieG
12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone. My wife is pretty awesome; I consider myself very lucky to have her.

Sarasometimes
12-31-2015, 10:21 AM
A great wife you have there! You need to trust your gut on things like this. Maybe look for other opportunities to push the envelope since you have such a supportive wife. As for Facebook they will put 2 and 2 together you just need to NEVER acknowledge that they are correct! Don't for example friend your wife with the bogus name because then they will connect all of her friends to the bogus one.

Beverley Sims
12-31-2015, 12:07 PM
One possibly a lost opportunity, but wise all the same and two a nice interaction between you.