PDA

View Full Version : Holiday blues

desertrider
12-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Anyone else out there ready to get back to "normal"?

Holidays are nice and all, but with all the random relatives, work parties, and general holiday junk, I'm in a major drab depression. Didn't even see it coming. Sitting around the house catching up with the fam, empty calendars, and *no* going out was just what I needed 2 weeks ago...but enough already!

Michelle_G
12-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Amen sister.

Krisi
12-28-2015, 05:29 PM
I'll be glad when the tree and all the other junk is put away for another year. It' not really related to crossdressing.

reb.femme
12-28-2015, 08:12 PM
In a word No! I work to live, not live to work. :heehee:

We're looking at planning our various holiday breaks for 2016. Short-break European trips but main holiday is to the US, you poor people. Somewhere either Florida (friends near Cape Canaveral) or New England with New York thrown in. Other than that, ...Margate. :devil: (NOT).

Becky

OCCarly
12-28-2015, 10:11 PM
I have a bit of seasonal affective disorder, and I just get to feeling blah when the days get short, the weather gets cold, and the sun goes away. Add to that I'm in the legal profession (business always tanks during the holiday season), all the social commitments, and not being able to work in the garden much due to horrible weather, and the cold triggering my arthritis, and for me, March can't come soon enough.

Rachelakld
12-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Enjoying it, can dress most mornnings until around 11 (work days I have to be in boys uniform by 7 am).
This morning was a girlie swim in my one piece at the local public pools, spa, sauna followed by shopping, coffee and home by 11.
It gets to hot to wear a wig after 11 anyway, so works out well

Teresa
12-29-2015, 01:53 AM
I must admit the dressing time is well over due!
I will be glad when the trees have gone, my grandsons trash them every time they come , it's lovely to see the decorations but when they're scattered all over the house I wondered why I bothered ! Next year instead of tinsel I shall use barbed wire !

As for being dressed , looks like it's going to be another week, or possibly until the New Year, one consolation the sales are on so maybe I'll get out and get some new things .

ChristinaK
12-29-2015, 02:18 AM
All the shopping for women's clothes and none can be mine!

The family at home over a month. Love them all, but Christina needs some time to herself!

I love winter, as I can wear long sleeves, turtlenecks, etc. and feel like I blend so much better. My wig doesn't drive me crazy. But, winter doesn't last long here and there have been so many wasted days!

It's worth it, I love my family.

LaurenS
12-29-2015, 05:39 AM
Same here! Ready to get past the holidays and do a little work before traveling this year. Florida, Chicago, San Francsco is on the agenda so far. Maayybbee UK and Paris, just not sure I'm up for a long plane ride again.

I think some of us hijacked this thread into vacation planning. Oops.

Yeah, I got da holiday blues, too.

Carole
12-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Krisi, I dress my tree every year, and get cross when the lights don't work or decorations fall off; at least I can reach to put the fairy on the top in my heels.....

jeni
12-29-2015, 09:16 AM
I will be very happy with it over. Only do for the kids. The wife wants it up till 3 kings day :(

reb.femme
12-29-2015, 05:08 PM
...The wife wants it up till 3 kings day :(

I thought you were bragging for a moment.

We had so little in the way of decorations this year, so not much to come down. We still have a tree up and decorated, but that will be down soon, plus all the little Xmas knick-knacks we've collected from Xmas Markets around Europe.

Becky

Candice June Lee
12-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah, i got the blues. Our decorations and tree are all down. I've been off for almost three weeks. Dressed once and went out alone but been pretty drab. Yuck!

Stephanie47
12-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Even though I am a retiree I am totally tired of it all. Believe it or not my wife is still sewing Christmas presents for people who we may see next week or the week after. I'm the person who puts up the lights on the house, and, takes them down. And, the one who puts up the tree, and, takes it down. My wife does her good share....to much. Family just blows through the house for several hours on Christmas Day, and, it's over. My favorite chair is pushed out of view of the television. And, my wife is off until January 4th or several days later. I have four new dresses to try on. And, some new girdles and full length slimming slips. Tomorrow Fedex will bring five pairs of new panties and two new bras. It's got to get back to normal.......at least my normal.

Lauri K
12-29-2015, 09:15 PM
I took all the lights down today, holidays are over as far as X Mas is concerned.

Next up is getting ready for New Years Eve celebrations which is a whole lot more fun than spending day's around the X-mas holiday cooped up with stuffy family who hate us for being ourselves, even though they wont admit to it. They somehow think they are better than us, I got news for them they are just people too and their shitty attitude is proof to me that I am happier than they are.

Oh yeah Lauri is ready to celebrate !!!!

Sorry for the rant but the holidays can get you down if you let it............