PDA

View Full Version : 2 personalities

Danai
02-16-2006, 02:00 AM
i was wondering...
Hw many of you girls have 2 personallities?
I mean...How many of you...when you get dressed...some other personallity...some girl popps out and being in charge?
How many of you just can't combine your two sides...Just being man or girl...not something in between?
I hope I put it right...

Billie Jean
02-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Most of the time when in drab, I act like a man. Sometimes when enfeme, I act like a lady, but othr times I act like a GG which can be sort of both. I'm not trying to start any kind of argument, but girls can act like a boy without to much repercussion a lot of the time. Mind you I didn't say all of the time. I believe in feminism. If a woman cand do the same things as a man,then man can do the same things as a woman such as wearing whatever style of clothes they desire or even mix the two gender styles. But I guess my answer to the question will have to be yeah in a court of law.

Billie Jean

swiss_susan
02-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Clothes don't make the man or woman.

I am me whatever I am wearing.

Susan

Jamie M
02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
i always thought that i was the same person regardless of what i was wearing but according to kelly this just isn't so . I feel like a complete schizophrenic now ;)

Cathy Anderson
02-16-2006, 09:22 AM
i was wondering...
I mean...How many of you...when you get dressed...some other personallity...some girl popps out and being in charge?
How many of you just can't combine your two sides...Just being man or girl...not something in between?
I hope I put it right...
Danai,

You asked one of the most important questions about all this :)

I definitely have something like two personalities, male and female. I believe the task is to combine them.

Another possibility is to learn to change from one to the other without causing problems.

Still another possibility is to develop or recognize yet a third, transcendent personality which is higher than both the male and female, and is concerned with resolving their conflict.

Suggestion: if you have two personalities, it is better if they are on friendly terms with each other. If the male tries to eradicate the female, she might feel compelled to return the favor!

At the risk of sounding tiresome, let me again mention the Alchemy article on my essays webpage.

Cathy

Angela Burke
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
I think I'm much the same whether I'm Angela or Andy.
I always feel more relaxed when I'm Angela, but I don't think that constitutes a personality change.
I'm looking forward to posts from any of the girls who really do take on a different personna, and how it manifests itself.

Cathy Anderson
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
i always thought that i was the same person regardless of what i was wearing but according to kelly this just isn't so . I feel like a complete schizophrenic now ;)
You touch on something important. There *is* a vague fear people have such that were they to reveal their true multiplicity to others, they might be thought crazy. I think this is a fear all people have. Therefore we present an exaggeratedly consistent self to others. More importantly, because we do not like to admit a fundamental difference between our public and private self, this tends to make us force our private self to be more consistent than it actually is. Hence, we repress our feminine natures, and hence "she" comes back in the form of an alter-ego who is able to "take over" at times.

One solution society has evolved is things like Halloween and Mardis Gras, at which times the alter ego can manifest itself in public with no questions asked.

Cathy

Alystin
02-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I think Cathy was right with;

"Still another possibility is to develop or recognize yet a third, transcendent personality which is higher than both the male and female, and is concerned with resolving their conflict."

We all start with a form of dual personality. One being male that society has seen and accept per the gender view. But we also have a separate female side which we aren't allowed to display as freely as genetic males do. Because it's more prominent than most gm's, we suppress it, til it bubbles out as it's own personality. So as we grow and accept our female side, we amalgamate it into our male side, transcending into the single personality we were intended to be

Penny
02-16-2006, 09:52 AM
A penny has two sides. So do I! Neither side dominates but both influence my behavior and dicision makeing process. I am pennywise and pound foolish. I'll shop for the cheapest price on gas and blow money on wig that I really don't need. I like mushy movies and cry at sad endings but I also get into action flicks. I can rebuild an engine or sew a dress. cook a fancy meal or fix the plumbing. I drive an old beat up truck and and frquently appear to be female. Not one single thing defines me. Being born a Gm places me in a catagory but it doesn't define me..

Sometimes I feel like a nut; somtimes I don't!

Bonnie D
02-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree. I always refer to my female and male selves as two separate people. My male self being the more dominant because I am genetically male and my female self pushing her way out whenever the opportunity allows her to. If it was socially acceptable I would be both all the time. I could be who I really am, a balance of both genders. Dependant upon what I was doing at the time I could wear whatever I felt like wearing. As you say I would be a third "gender" - I am sexually attracted to both genders now. I wonder, though if this would eliminate my envy of women and my fantasy that I would some day go to sleep at night and wake up as a genetic woman.

Still in a state of confusion.

Bonnie

Kimberley
02-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Cathy I believe you are absolutely correct.

About 15 years ago I hit "the wall" and fortunately found a gender counsellor who viewed the multiplicity as you do. The male side (learned) had beaten Kimberley down for so long she rebelled in a big way. The counsellor at the time worked very hard with me to reach a compromise between the two and let Kimberley "grow up" because she was still a child in every sense. Unfortunately we never really got to finish that process due to circumstances but I had a few basic tools to work with.

More recently Kimberley has again started kicking and screaming only this time she is much louder and stronger and not so easily assuaged. It is a struggle but one that must be faced or disaster is the result.

Good Thread this one.

TracyDeluxe
02-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Funny this thread came up, I was just asking myself the same question, sort of.

Upon reflection, I don't think my "personality" hasn't changed much, if at all. My ability to express my personality has changed. I'm "Tracy" now, but I'm still "Bill", too. It's just that as "Bill", I felt constrained in so many ways. I was constantly censoring myself, not only in what I said, and how I acted, but even in how I thought! I could almost never say what I was thinking, and I was even afraid that the feminine thoughts I was having would somehow be "telegraphed" somehow. Body movements, whatever. And I was so afraid of being "different!"

So, personally, no, I've never had two personalities, I just had so much emotional armour on (and I still have too much) that I was only half a person, if that.

Tina Dixon
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Im always in charge, No you are not Tina, Yes I am Tim, Tina im the one that goes to work, Thats what the man does Tim, Thats crap Tina, are you done yet Tim? Now go away little man:bs:

Liberty
02-16-2006, 04:22 PM
With the exception of appearing more graceful while clothed and conscious of my manners, I try my best to blend this persona in while en drab and be the same as much as possible. I was once told that you get good at what you practice, so as far as personality goes, I prefer to excercise a more delicate personality as it feels better for me.

livy_m_b
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Two personalities? No. Two aspects of the same personality? Maybe. I can't tell, since even though the male aspect has not been able to assimilate the feminine aspect, I sense the feminine can assimilate the male.

Lindahexi
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
My basic personality is the same in both modes, but as a guy I have definite feminine traits. I do find that when en-femme I feel as if I'm a gentler and more caring person, but that may be just psychological. I think girlie most of the time in either mode.

Melanie R
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
i was wondering...
I hope I put it right...

You should be the same person regardless of what you are wearing. All of us need to find balance between our femininity and masculinity. Of course when dressed you may walk, speak and gesture like a woman unless you just want to be seen as a "man in a dress". That is fine if that is you but don't expect many complements.

Melanie

Mona
02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I've learned to play my male role very well so my female becomes a flirty rebellious little girl. I agree there is probably some transcendant personality that combines both, I'm still learning!
Very interesting thread.

melissacd
02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I have only one personality, however, it is much bigger than what I have ever shown to the world. I am working very hard to change that so that what I show the world comes closer and closer to who I really am. :cheeky:

kwebb
02-17-2006, 12:05 AM
I just seem to be more "alive" when dressed. Just energized or invigorated somehow over my drab appearance. If I manage to shut out the outside world with its non-acceptance I can also be more confident at times when dressed.
Its like dropping this front I put up in real life. An allowing, if you will.

kim in n.c.
02-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey penney---Nutin honey:cheeky: About all of this double personality stuff,well, I just dont believe it/////What do you mean you dont believe ////I'll smack me down if i dontcome aroun/////Im just sayin/////I dont care what your saying,You dont talk for me like tha///// Where am I?

Sarah Rabbit
02-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi All

Im am One of 5 siblings, 1 girl 4 boys. I have always been known as the soft one (Openly cry((sad movies are a killer)) I am not a brawler, not much into sport, love girly talks when I am allowed in, getting a real appetite for fashion)
In my case it not a matter of two personalities but a blending of the two genders. Like it has been quoted many times here, I am on a sliding spectrum.
I hope to soon go see a counsellor and find out exactly where I am.

Hugs, Sarah

Cathy Anderson
02-17-2006, 03:47 AM
The male side (learned) had beaten Kimberley down for so long she rebelled in a big way. The counsellor at the time worked very hard with me to reach a compromise between the two and let Kimberley "grow up" because she was still a child in every sense.
Hi Kimberley,

It sounds like you were very fortunate to find a counselor who could see things that way. I especially agree about the need for the female to mature.

More recently Kimberley has again started kicking and screaming only this time she is much louder and stronger and not so easily assuaged. It is a struggle but one that must be faced or disaster is the result.I believe that's natural, and that the same model as before applies. "Kimberley" is stating her need to further mature.

Did you see this article on Zen monks who cultivate psychological androgyny?

http://zbohy.zatma.org/Dharma/zbohy/Literature/ZenCows/zencows-5a.html

Cathy

geegee2
02-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Yes there are ywo of us in here, as my mentor Father Urri says, and he dont understand why there isnt any conflict. Well Ive been lucky, I accept who I am and just be myself all the time GeeGee:D I am who I am and everyone around me accepts me as I am. just be yourself and there wont be any problems. be happy, and remember, only your opinion counts. love hugs and kisses GeeGee2

TGMarla
02-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Two personalities? Probably not. But it's difficult to say, as there is never anyone else around when I'm all dressed up. I know I feel more feminine when dressed, and that I act more feminine as well, but I still feel like I'm me, and not someone else. I have on occasion spoken to myself in the mirror, as it kinda helps to sort out my thoughts, but I'd say it stops way short of some kind of "Sybil" situation. So I'd say no. I don't have two distinct personalities. Rather, being all dressed up tends to let loose some aspects of my personality that are sometimes bottled up.