PDA

View Full Version : Skirts

fionablack
02-16-2006, 06:46 AM
If any of you have read my posts before, you will probably have noticed that I am pretty much obsessed with skirts. I would go as far as saying that if skirts didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have started crossdressing.

I think it would be fair to say that skirts have lead me to the discovery of the overall pleasure of womens clothes. A skirt feels so much nicer when it is complimented with lovely underwear, hoisiery, shoes, etc etc. I love the overall feeling of being in women's clothes, but the focal point whenever I am dressed is definitely my skirt. It is what I am most aware of that I am wearing.

Lately I have been wondering to myself about the practicallity of wearing a skirt, and why do women still choose to wear them. In this day and age it is much easier for women to wear trousers, they are easier to walk in, sit in, and they are warmer and all round more practical, and sadly because of this, on an everyday basis most women seem to be wearing trousers now.

Trousers, whilst more practical are also alot less fun to look at, and alot less fun to be wearing. So the overall question I have is this;

When a women gets up in the morning and decides, "I want to wear a skirt today", what has led her to want to do this? I think that skirts represent women's clothes as feminine better than any other item as there is no male equivilent (apart from the kilt), so I think it is probably a case of wanting to feel feminine over feeling practical.

I want feel feminine every day, so I would choose to wear a skirt every day if I could. In fact, in a perfect world I would be Bree Van Der Kamp from Desperate Housewives. I love her clothes.

What do you think would win out for you? Feminine or practical. And don't you think it is a shame that over the course of time that clothes for both men and women have lost a bit of a sense of occasion and we wear what is easy these days rather than what looks great. Whenever I am at a nice restaurant these days, it seems everyone is so casual and in jeans an t-shirts. I think we have lost something here!

What do you all think?

Jamie M
02-16-2006, 06:56 AM
well ,i would agree with you that skirts were probbably the primary resaon why i started crossdressing . i wouldn't have even thought abou crossdressing if it couldn't have been with a skirt . I always used to ask myself why women didn't wear them more often when they could wear them whenever they liked.

like many us of to begin with all i had were short tarty skirts , then maybemore dressy types , yu know evening wear and the like . but now as i get on in years abit , i find that a few pairs of trousers have creeped their way into my wardrobe accompanied by more and more casual skirts . is this me getting older or maturing ( and before you ask yes there is a difference :D ) . i'm not sure , but what i can say is that i do understand why GG's wear trousers more often than not as they are so much easier to wear , maybe not as fun but definetly easier

GypsyKaren
02-16-2006, 07:27 AM
When I first started going out I always wore a skirt, "oh, I must feel feminine!" I mainly wear pants now because I got sick and tired of having men trying to look up my skirt every time I sat down somewhere. I truly understand now why a lot off GGs do the same thing.

Karen

bobbie anne
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi. I am also a skirt wearer. When I first started dressing fully it was in a dress, somewhere along the line I have developed the taste for pleated skirts. I found myself loking at trousers in the thrift store but stayed true to my skirt. I feel so much more fem with the skirt, and if I say so myself I have nice looking legs in hoes heels and a skirt. Bobbie Joe

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 08:51 AM
For me skirts are number one. I find the feeling of the fabric brushing against nylon clad legs absolutely wonderful. And with skirts there is so much more variety, more colour, more styles and more fabrics. I have to wear pants everyday, so when I dress, they are the last thing on my mind.

Julia

Penny
02-16-2006, 08:59 AM
To me, skirts offer the greatest oportunity to be creative. Mix and matcing colors, skirt, blouse, scarf, makeup all provide a statemet about you that shows the world who you are and how you feel. It is always my intent to propetuate the best possible image. I grew up in a time when women didn't wear pants. You always saw Lucy in a dress. Woman did not leave the house without makeup. They were stared at if their hair was in curlers. Well, times sure have changed. Unisexual clothing, no makeup,hair a mess, oxfords and poor posture are some of the things more frequntly exhibited by women than not. Emily Post is gone now and feminity has eroded. Perhaps part of the reason I publicly display my feminine side is because I protest a lot of GGs who have comfortably and conviently allowed their
separeate and distict genetic existance to deteriorate.

Angela Burke
02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Skirts are my favourite item of clothing.
Look at the amount of styles, lengths, materials, colours there are.
The list is almost endless.
I've been wearing skirts all my life.
I wore my sisters hand me downs up to the age of twelve.
I remember the thrill of buying two skirts from a second hand shop.
They were nothing very fancy but it felt so great wearing my own skirt bought with my own money.
I love skirts!

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Angela, that's a lovely skirt on your avatar, is it leather? The style is classic.

J

Nikki Dee
02-16-2006, 10:00 AM
SKIRTS RULE....O.K..!!!...have tried the jeans/pants thing..just doesn't do the same thing for me...not happy unless I can feel the swish of a skirt....but I am a hopeless case.!!!LOL
Nikki. x

Alystin
02-16-2006, 10:03 AM
I love wearing my skirts and the many different styles and outfits they provide to my wardrobe. And I would wear them everyday if I could. But I do understand why GG's here wear trousers to an extent, seeing as though you can get frostbite in a matter of minutes, especailly at this time of year, Ouch! But also I understand that it's a much more practical thing to wear trouser. And I blame it on scoiety as a whole. We've become obessed with having to get everything done quickly. And I mean quickly, like right now! So that the option of stopping to take the time and make ourselves up to our potential has become something to think about later.

The question I have about wearing a skirt, is that when do GG's know to wear them. I've notice that on a particular day if I see one GG wearing a skirt or dress, I'll usually see that about 70% of the women that day are wearing them too. How do they decide this? What factors are involved? I've never been able to figure this out!

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
...women's intuition, we CD's will never be able to copy that!

J

fionablack
02-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I guess in the summer it is easy to choose a nice light skirt or dress.

Even in the winter though I see alot of women wearing skirts on freezing cold days. Most of them will have boots on and hosiery of some sort but many still just wear high heeled shoes. Those girls have my envy and my respect.

To choose to wear skirts and heels on freezing cold snowy days is awesome.

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Footwear...another great reason to wear skirts. Pants hide those beautiful boots and shoes, skirts with or without hose show off the footwear as well.

J

fionablack
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Very true Julia. I never used to be too bothered about shoes. I think i must have been mad!! I love women's shoes now, and the right pair of heels with a great skirt is an unbeatable look. As a CD, i love wearing them, and as a red blooded man it is a huge turn on seeing a beautiful woman wearing them.

Actually, skirts seem to be having a bit of a comeback recently. Last summer gypsy skirts were all anyone was wearing, and when winter arrived we are now seeing alot of pencil skirts about. Pencil skirts have always been my favourite so i am delighted they are back.

I wonder what will be in style this spring and summer? I hope the skirt revival continues though

JoAnnDallas
02-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I have skirts, dresses and pants. I partlial to dresses and skirts as this is what being a women is all about, IMHO. That and high heel shoes. LOL. Many times when I want to be fem but really blend in, I will wear ladies pants and a ladies T-Shirt over my panties, pantyhose, bra, camo, ect. I have gone out to places like krogers and other places and no one pays any attention to what I am wearing. One day I even wore a pair of my sisters shoes. She has a couple of pair of running shoes that look almost like mine. The diffrence is she wears a size 8 1/2. I can get them on but my big toe is all the way to the top of the shoe. I don't like wearing hers much as my feet start to hurt after a while. I wish she wore a size 9 pump. LOL.

Like right now, I have panties, pantyhose, painted toes and a bra on under my drab clothes. I also have long nails, with clear polish and lipstick. The lipstick is so close to my natural lip color no one even notices. In face I said goodby to my wife this morning and she did not even notice anything. Which is kinda thrilling to me and daring, since she doesn't know about my fem side.

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
I think skirts will be strong again this summer. I already purchased a new white a-line skirt from the new collection at winners for spring. I have been shopping for years and can't remember when I saw so many skirts in the stores. Barely 2 years ago, stores alotted only a small area for skirts, this past year skirts are all over the stores. As well, in TV programming they are showing a lot more skirts from young to old. I think the retailers are on top of this trend and will ride it a long as possible.

Julia

fionablack
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM
It is pretty much the same in the UK Julia. A lot more skirts in the stores.

I reckon this is a situation coming full circle actually. I have worked in an office environment since 1989, and back then women pretty much had to wear skirts. If they wore trousers to work, the boss would have a word with them.

Obviously things changed, and women were able to start wearing trousers to work. When this happened, I think that for a few years women sort of overdosed on the new found freedom of wearing trousers to work.

In the last couple of years, I think that novelty has started to wear off and a balance of skirts and trousers has emerged. I have noticed women at work wearing skirts alot more again, and after the 90's being the decade of the strong career woman, I think women have realised that they can also be strong women in a skirt.

In a nutshell, I think women have realised that femininity and strength and respect in the workplace are not incompatible, and I for one think it is very nice to see.

Julia Cross
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
It's interesting, until this year my girlfriend had just 2 skirts, and they were for clubbing, not daily wear. It took my assurance that she looked great in them and that it was totally acceptable for her to wear skirts to work as well for her to change her attitude. Now she owns over a dozen regular skirts and loves shopping for them. As well she wears skirts as much as pants again. The point - I think many girls have worn pants for so long that they feel uncomfortable wearing them as they do show off legs more than pants do. So, keep encouraging those around us to be comfortable in skirts and we all win!

Julia

fionablack
02-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I met my wife at work about 4 years ago. At this time she only wore trousers.

Now she wears a skirt to work every day. She looks great and it gives her confidence. I love it! I no longer work with her though so I don't get to see her in her work clothes other than first thing in the morning and her getting home at night.

Speaking of which, she will be home in about half and hour so I will have to sign off for now, delete my internet history and take my own skirt off!

Oh, how I long to be out of the closet!!

See you all later!

Bonnie D
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I started out wearing dresses because I loved them so much and they were easier to buy. I would just tell the sales girl that my wife is this size and she was looking at such and such a dress the other day and then I would buy it. With skirts I felt it would be more difficult because then I would have to buy a blouse or two to go with the skirt. Trying to explain it to a sales girl would be more difficult, why isn't she buying her own clothes. It is a bit more understandable buying a dress as a gift.

Now that there is on-line buying I've bought some very nice skirts and tops and love wearing them. I'm wearing them more often than dresses now even though it's not often enough. (I'm still closeted)

Pants? I'm not interested in women's pants right now because of the infrequency of wearing women's clothes. When I get the opportunity to dress then I want to be as femme as possible. Maybe if I come out of the closet sometime then I will consider pants.

Bonnie

maid phylis
02-16-2006, 01:47 PM
yes my closet has mostly skirts and i wear them whenever i go out to the city to cdi .and yes i also wear dresses for special occasions ,but i just love my skirts.love phylisanne

DonnaT
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Don't own any women's trousers/slacks/jeans. Only skirts for me.

Gretchen
02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
At this point in my CDing activities, which have been underway about a year now, I have no dressers. I also have no desire to wear women's trousers or jeans. For me, a skirt is an essential element in my chosen outfit and just seems more exciting and interesting because of the many combinations I can create with different tops.
Mostly, I also prefer knee length or 1"-2" above the knee. That allows me to see my nylon clad legs and shoes with little effort and keeps up the continuing excitement throughout my dressing time.
I also enjoy buying skirts at local stores and thrift shops, but must be careful to get the correct size, since it seems that one brand's 14 is another brand's 12 or 16. I don't try them on in the store but take a tape measure with me to determine roughly if the skirt will fit. I know the half waist measurement I need and the length I want so that I will not get the wrong size. Returns are not something I have yet mastered or found the courage to do.
Love,
Gretchen

Sierra Evon
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
HI,, I dont own that many , and the ones I do have I would'nt go out
in I mostly wear them around the apt.,I want to go shopping and get
at least 2-3 name brand designer skirts for going out n stuff , I like to
have the length 2'' above my knee's and I prefer to wear black tights,
blue, or sometimes white undernith, then black low heel shoes like a
nine-west loafer style , kinda businessy look Ive been told ...
I plan to wear more skirts this year cant wait..I'd rather be wearing a
skirt than chasing one..........LOL.......Sierra.....

eleventhdr
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I think you are kind of missing the whole point here and that is this. That while women now and for some time have had the options of wearing what and dressing as they do please.And now this is exactly what they are now doing. They have and do know that for them wearing pant's jeans etc is what pleases them and so they have gotten away from wanting to wear skirts and feminine clothing. Which to them is not really practical any longer pity this is the way it has become because women have alwasy looked so much better in feminine clothing then in pants jeans etc not that they do not look nice anyway but but in dresses skirts etc they always did look fantastic. And then so here is the real rub Just as we males are now finally discovering that we can and could look oh so much better in skirts just as well there is an underground movement for males to be able to wear what and dress as they do please which is what and where women are moving away from and we are moving toward. Perhap's a day will come when the roles will be reversed and women will dress as men males have in the past and we will adopt there clothing entirely for ourselves. Hmmm.it would be just so right if this is what will and would come about. It also has also to do witht the whole antomy thing. Women having there female eqipment and males there's this would and should also have something to do with it if one think's about itMales would benefit form being able to adopt and adapt to being able to wear loose clothing dresses and skirts to help and adjust to this problem. I have when wearing a skirt discovered that this problem is just that it goes away completly in a skirt that even shorts do not do justice to and besides males can look good and better in a skirt just as well. Oh sure we do not have the legs that look so nice as women do but we can still look much better and be much more comfortable in skirts dresses just as women have known for a very long time. So I think that this movement should be pushed and that we should be allowed finally to be and dress as we do want to and that if women want to continue to move away from it then so be it. That is not to ever say that women will ever give it up completly but that we would finally be equal in the right's of being who and what we are both sexes dressing and beint the way it shpuld really be. That's the way it should and must go i do think are you with me on this one. Let's do it once and for all then we can all be really happy at last. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.

fionablack
02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
The thought that women might one day completely stop wearing skirts is a scary thought for me!

I hope this never ever happens!! I don't think it ever will.

Deanna2
02-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I just love skirts - the shorter the better. I do love the light weight materials, like lycra. Sometimes I don't even know I'm wearing a skirt. With my preference for lighter materials, I have never had a desire for a denim skirt which I know a lots of girls do prefer.

Accessorizing with tops, hosiery and heels is, of course, all part of the pleasure.

One particular aspect of skirts I most certainly adore is when I take off my skirt and just let it fall around my feet and I step out of it.

ronda
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
aaw skirts short one long ones mini i love them all but i would not say that is what started me dressing silk panties and bras were first the skirt is the icing and if guys want to look up it i will give them a quick flash just to keep them guessing:D

Aloha_Dana
02-16-2006, 07:28 PM
... women might one day completely stop wearing skirts... Don't even speak of it. Don't think it. AAAAGGGGG! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gif

Hey nany naaany nany...

I see no evil. I hear no evil.

Denise01
02-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I too love wearing skirts, and as a matter of fact, I now have more skirts than I do guy slacks.
My love for skirts goes back to when i was very young, and always liked to see the girls and ladies in skirts, especially the plaid and pleated ones.
I think that where i am in crossdressing now, is that i love skirts, and also love to see girls and ladies wearing them.
Duing my teens and early 20's i was in a group that wore kilts. I wore them as much as I could and for a while this seemed to help my desire to wear a skirt.
It has only been in the last year that i have had the courage to go out fully femme,( and that was due to the encouragement of a TS girl i know and her wife) wearing a skirt and I love the feel and freedom of wearing skirts.
This time of the year, where I live it is very cold, and when in a large mall for 3 or 4 hours, i on most occasions only see maybee one or 2 girls wearing skirts other than possibly some working in the stores, so when i am femme shoppping i will wear slacks to blend in.
In the summer around here, it is about 50 - 50 skirts and slacks for the ladies as i am also in a tourist area.
With skirts you have a much nicer wardrobe as you can mix and match not only skirts and tops, but jackets as well, and the look is fantastic
I would love to be able to wear skirts full time, but as we all know for now that is basically not an option

Denise

Butterfly Bill
02-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Skirts are cool. Literally. The air is circulating around your legs and causing any sweat to evaporate faster.

melissacd
02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
The skirt combined with a nice pair of heels, a silky pair of hosiery and a soft blouse are quintissential base defining elements of a feminine imagery. What could be better than that. Pants just don't emit the same feminine energy.

While I understand that a pair of pants can be more practical, who wants to be practical :D

susancheerleader
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
If it wasn't for skirts, 1/3 of my wardrobe would be gone. And frankly, they are the best part of my clothes.

Rachel Morley
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
The skirt combined with a nice pair of heels, a silky pair of hosiery and a soft blouse are quintissential base defining elements of a feminine imagery.

I must admit that a woman's shape (hips and legs especially) in a nice short lightweight summer skirt with a pair of strappy sandels is a very feminine and sexy image to my mind :)

Fortunately for me (believe it or not) since my wife Marla has been a member of the this forum she has been wearing skirts more often not less! As for me I have tons of short ones and wear them as often as I can.

melissacd
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
It is a wonderful thing for those of you with accepting spouses that the more that you dress feminine the more they seem to want to too. Interesting.

Francesca Chantel
02-16-2006, 09:55 PM
It is a wonderful thing for those of you with accepting spouses that the more that you dress feminine the more they seem to want to too. Interesting.

Quite true Melissa. My wife got me started and it's been positively fantastic ever since.

Deborah
02-16-2006, 11:16 PM
I prefer above the knee or lower skirts. Anything above that.....well that's just not me. :angel:

Allison1
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
If any of you have read my posts before, you will probably have noticed that I am pretty much obsessed with skirts. I would go as far as saying that if skirts didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have started crossdressing.

I think it would be fair to say that skirts have lead me to the discovery of the overall pleasure of womens clothes. A skirt feels so much nicer when it is complimented with lovely underwear, hoisiery, shoes, etc etc. I love the overall feeling of being in women's clothes, but the focal point whenever I am dressed is definitely my skirt. It is what I am most aware of that I am wearing.

Lately I have been wondering to myself about the practicallity of wearing a skirt, and why do women still choose to wear them. In this day and age it is much easier for women to wear trousers, they are easier to walk in, sit in, and they are warmer and all round more practical, and sadly because of this, on an everyday basis most women seem to be wearing trousers now.

Trousers, whilst more practical are also alot less fun to look at, and alot less fun to be wearing. So the overall question I have is this;

When a women gets up in the morning and decides, "I want to wear a skirt today", what has led her to want to do this? I think that skirts represent women's clothes as feminine better than any other item as there is no male equivilent (apart from the kilt), so I think it is probably a case of wanting to feel feminine over feeling practical.

I want feel feminine every day, so I would choose to wear a skirt every day if I could. In fact, in a perfect world I would be Bree Van Der Kamp from Desperate Housewives. I love her clothes.

What do you think would win out for you? Feminine or practical. And don't you think it is a shame that over the course of time that clothes for both men and women have lost a bit of a sense of occasion and we wear what is easy these days rather than what looks great. Whenever I am at a nice restaurant these days, it seems everyone is so casual and in jeans an t-shirts. I think we have lost something here!

What do you all think?

Skirts are very feminine. So many women in this country have come to dress like slobs in the eyes of women of the rest of the developed world. They can't believe how rich we are and how causally and sloppily women dress in this country when they go out or travel. Women in Russia, some of whom can hardly afford anything, will dress their best whenever they go out. They can't believe what they see American women wearing when they go over there. I enjoy skirts and dresses and that which looks most feminine. My wife is very feminine and sexy and often wears skirts and usaually wears heels. allison

Danai
02-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Just love 'em!!!!!
The best part of clothing.....

Penny
02-17-2006, 06:46 AM
Wow! What a great topic; seems like noone can skirt this issue!:clap:

Rene
02-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Like everyone here, I am a skirt girl too. Eventhough I have a very well rounded wardrobe, I have more skirts than anything. I would wear a skirt everyday if I could.

Felicia
02-17-2006, 08:44 AM

What do you all think?

I couldn't have said it better. I too love to dress in skirts every day Felicia

Meag
02-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Skirts are it. Although panties and hose is what I started with, skirts are right at the top of my list. I wish I could wear skirts all the time instead of just at home. My wife has accepted me wearing shorts and hose in public, but she said no way will she go out with me in a skirt, so I will have to be thankful that I can wear them here at home and not have to hide the fact that I love to wear skirts, panties, hose, slips and heels. I didn't wear slips till she said she could accept the skirts at home, but I would have to wear them properly, with a slip under them. Now I have 6 slips, three half slips and 3 full lenght. I can tell you that I didn't fight with her over that one.

She has told me that she doesn't want to see me in a bra, but she said that about skirts, and how I wear them almost all the time when she is home. She know that I wear bras when she is not here, and even asked me what I wear over them. This could be the start of accepting bras:clap:

Last night I was cooking dinner and she said I would have to start wearing an apron when cooking, so I didn't ruin my shirts and tops. It just keeps getting better, and better.

She doesn't like my real short skirts, but I like to see my legs in hose and heels with a skirt above the knees. That kind of surprises me, as she has told me that I have better looking legs than she does.

Baby Steps, right.

Meag

Julia Cross
02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Skirts. Although wearing hosiery was my first crossdressing experience. The reality is one can't just wear hosiery. One needs to dress properly. What makes more sense than a beautiful, sensual skirt overtop of fine hosiery. The two go hand in hand. I lost count as to how many skirts I own, and have tried to curb my skirt purchases and concentrate on tops - which for me is a challenge as I am tall even for a guy and women's tops are shorter and shorter on the torso nowadays. But skirts, I would wear them everyday if I were a woman. I do now, but only after work.

Julia

ashlee chiffon
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM
the delicious feel of material swishing around thighs, tugging them down when sitting, feeling them ride up when bending over, the constriction of tight ones, the freedom of flippy ones, the satiny feel when sitting or rising of a silky skirt agains silky panties against the electricity of silkysheer hosiery, the feel of your hands rubbing over the loose material,sitting so fem with legs closed, the way they make a gurl walk *great hip movement*, the way they make a gurl look, the way they make a gurl feel...
worn them all my life and will never give them up!!!

cutieamy06
02-18-2006, 08:07 PM
OMG, I love skirts. You will often find me in a skirt. I usually wear one every day!:p

Wenda
02-19-2006, 02:39 AM
And don't you think it is a shame that over the course of time that clothes for both men and women have lost a bit of a sense of occasion and we wear what is easy these days rather than what looks great. Whenever I am at a nice restaurant these days, it seems everyone is so casual and in jeans an t-shirts. I think we have lost something here!

What do you all think?
I agree 100 percent. The clothing item that most irritates me is ball caps! Especially worn backwards. Some guys dont take them off at events when the national anthem is played, dont take them off during a meal, and I was at a funeral where a couple of young guys wore their freakinè ball caps during the service!!! I made a presentation at a good high school last May, and I believe I was the only person in the school (1200 students) wearing a tie. When I was in high school, even the shop teachers wore ties. The female teachers always wore dresses or skirts. Our English teacher in Grade 9, 10 and 11 had killer legs and wore nylons with a black seam up the back.... OOOhhh.... not sure how I survived.
I was remembering today an especially attractive girl my age whom I spent about 2 hours per day with on the school bus, and who had (and still has) awesome legs. Mid sixties. She always wore mini skirts. Putting those legs in trousers would have been a crime.
Perhaps it is a transitional thing. At different times in history, different parts of the female body have been hidden, while other parts have been exposed or at least displayed. (Check out the cleavage on Victorian portraits). Perhaps one generations semi-erotic zones fade, to be replaced by a new highlight.

fionablack
02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Very nicely said Wenda. It is a shame about all the baseball caps and hoodies and all that which seem to be worn these days.

God I never thought I would ever be old enough to use the phrase "these days"

Things have changed in a short space of time though. When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, alot more effort was put into clothes by both men and women.

Dressing smart or nice makes you feel good and confident about yourself. I can't understand why it is dying out. It is just laziness really.

I do love my skirts though. I wear them at any opportunity and if I were a GG I would wear them all day every day. I find them so comfortable and easy to wear. I have always been able to walk and feel comfortable in heels too. Guess I am just lucky.

Cathy J
02-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Since I first started CDing it was the skirts, dresses and slips/petticoats that turned me on. I don't own any women's pants/jeans. I won't even wear a culotte or split skirt. It just isn't feminine in my mind's eye. I sure have a lot of slips, half slips and some pretty petticoats though. :D :D :D

Cathy

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 07:53 AM
If the rules of society would change I would wear a skirt to work most days. I usually put one on every day at home. I agree with most of the comments of why this is. Skirts are pretty, they are fun to wear.

Victoria

talkwithmelissa
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I have one pair of black stretch club pants that look great on me, but I have yet to wear them out. I always go for a skirt even though the pants are very much feminine. I agree that society does take a relaxed look and has less time to do more. However, for everyone who dresses down there is someone else who chooses to spent a little more time to get dressed up. We go through phases.