PDA

View Full Version : Do you practice Fire Drills

Judy-Somthing
01-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Do you practice Fire Drills so see how long it takes to get to to the safe zone?

If wife, son, of daughter come home unexpectedly I have less than a minuet to ditch the STUFF and jump in the shower.

I have three outdoor surveillance cameras so I can see if someone's coming.

bridget thronton
01-02-2016, 02:22 AM
I keep a sweat suit nearby should I decide a fast cover use is needed (wife and kids know and accept me)

Zoe B
01-02-2016, 02:43 AM
My wife knows and is supportive, however if needed I can be in the bedroom and safe in under 30 seconds.

Sandie70
01-02-2016, 02:51 AM
I don't have an SO, so my fire drills consist only of mad dashes from my front door to my car to keep nosy neighbors in my apartments from seeing me and gossiping. Then, I make the same mad dash from car to door when returning.

AllieSF
01-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Nope and I have had a few very close calls, Now, I don't really care and it would probably help me come out to family sooner than I ever planned to do. Almost caught be the neighbors too.

Sarah Louise
01-02-2016, 04:05 AM
Yes, I keep a pair of jeans and a sweater close by and have practised the change over. Depending what I'm wearing, a thin dress for example, I can simply put the male clothes on over the top of them. If I'm about downstairs, I also keep a change of clothes in the garage so I can dive in there if need be.

grace7777
01-02-2016, 05:48 AM
No, I do not practice any fire drills. In the apartments where I live, the residents have seen me in both female and male mode. With each day that passes I care less and less about what other people think. To be able to live as yourself is very freeing. I cannot say that I do it 100% of the time now, but I hope to get there someday.

kittie60
01-02-2016, 06:00 AM
Nope. I'm by myself and nobody bothers me. Those that do happen by already know I live 24/7 as female.

reb.femme
01-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Luckily, my wife knows, so I don't have to worry about being caught by her now, but I've had those close calls in the early years. It is amazing how quickly the stuff that took an hour to go on, comes off in 20 seconds. :heehee:

Becky

Raychel
01-02-2016, 06:28 AM
I had my share of fire drills in the past, and had some very close calls.

Now everyone here knows about Raychel, and the drills are all done.
Now the only time the pulse rises at all is when someone comes to the door.
and honestly I am caring less and less about that.

Katey888
01-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Did so way in the past... :eek:

Eventually got tired of the adrenaline highs - always found that the scare would lead to a longer disrobe and recovery period than planned so I only ever make time now when I know I am secure at home or away from home at a hotel - and I have to say that the latter is by far the more relaxing method for us closeted and secret girls. It's a small investment but the security and freedom from time pressures is a joy... :)

You must have a CCTV system that rivals a Bond villain... :heehee: CCTV, motion detectors... perhaps you need a 'Batpole' with reverse polarity 'Instant Costume Change Lever' that allows you to plunge dressed into the basement and come out looking like a normal Bruce Wayne... :D (You need to be an old git to get that one...;))

Thinking of a stress free 2016... :daydreaming:

Katey x

Krisi
01-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I don't practice undressing quickly but I have had to on occasion. Not because of my wife and no family lives close by or has a key, but one of my neighbors comes to the door more often than I would like and he knows if I'm home or not. Once my wife's sister from out of town rang the doorbell without advance notice but my wife was home to answer the door while I changed.

I should say that I seldom have more than a bit of lipstick and beard cover as makeup if I'm home so a quick wipe and that's taken care of.

I'm considering getting one of the remote door answering systems so I can see who is at the door and so I can make an excuse while I'm changing.

gokatiegirl
01-02-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't get dressed without doing makeup first and I use a lot of eyeliner. Tough to get off in a hurry. Tough to get off period. I need at least 1/2 hour pack, hide and shower.

wendy
01-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Before I told my wife, it would take me 10 - 15 min, so if my wife came home unexpectedly I would have been caught.

Lauri K
01-02-2016, 09:32 AM
No fire drills for Lauri, fortunately the best thing I ever done in life was to just be myself.

Just wish I had not waited so long to do it.

Just worthless advise from me to those of you that are doing fire drills. This is exactly why people need to come out of the closet so they do not have to install cameras, radars systems, run through the house ripping of expensive pretty clothes and even possibly tripping / falling and injuring themselves, jumping into to cold shower to fool others.

Best wishes to everyone in 2016, and keep those " fire drills going for real emergencies where something really is on fire "

Jackie7
01-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Nah to heck with it. I have developed the habit of passing a mirror on the way out, I would rather not be sporting big hoop earrings when I mean to be a guy, nor any untrimmed whiskers when I want to present as girl. But Skype me or come to my door without advance notice, and you get whoever answers, best get used to it.

Lily Catherine
01-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Upon hearing the lift bell on my floor I immediately strip to lingerie. If footsteps are audible I have 45 seconds to react. Foundation is inevitably left on, lipstick is wiped onto tissue paper. So far no incidents till date that required this drill, thankfully. I spend the tail end of my photoshoots in lingerie and makeup as a pre-emptive.

countrygirl
01-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Nope, I live by myself so I do not have to worry about it.

Stephanie47
01-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Fortunately, I my never comes home from work unexpectedly. She does not drive, so I drop her off and pick her up. I do make sure I do not spread all my clothes all over the house. After I am dressed for the day I pack away everything else just in case there may be an unexpected visit by my son or daughter, who will call before dropping over during working hours. If it's UPS, Fedex (like today) or USPS, the parcel is just left on the doorstep. If a neighbor rings I can always say I was in the shower. It's really not complicate for me.

I hope you do not spend your fem time watching the video feeds. Get a photo electric eye. My neighbor had one on his driveway which alerted him when there was a visitor.

Jenniferathome
01-02-2016, 12:07 PM
No, I never practice this. If this is your concern, you're not enjoying yourself Judy. Why not wait for a time when you know all is clear?

heatherdress
01-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Judy - No. My wife knows and accepts. I do keep an emergency change bag in the car, however, if traveling.

It must be really hard to have a minute to escape. Even if you depend on cameras and use fire drills, you most likely will eventually have a real fire (situation) and be discovered. Maybe you could confide in your wife. It would definitely reduce the stress and increase the enjoyment if she is OK. It would also be much better than getting caught by her.

CONSUELO
01-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Not for me, but your post did remind me of a remark by a fellow cross dresser. She said she could clear a room in three minutes flat.
When I first started cross dressing as a child I developed the "skill" to revert quickly and put things away exactly as I found them. I'm glad that I don't have to do that any more. Being in the closet and hiding the "big secret" is just too much emotional strain.

Judy-Somthing
01-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Not knowing if the coast is clear definitely take some of the fun out of it but, maybe that's part of the thrill.

One time I left a full slip spread out on the bed and for got about it.

My wife came home and changed her clothes standing about four ft from it and didn'n't see it.

Gina Torres
01-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Never thought about that before.

When i lived with my parents I had that problem. I would run to the bathroom as fast as possible and lock the door. I have left stuff out before on accident before, but no one ever mentioned anything.

I live by myself now and haven't had the doorbell ring with a nosy neighbor yet. Not sure what i would do.

RADER
01-02-2016, 02:32 PM
The last fire drill was when I was in the service; But years ago, when I was living alone;
My dad would pop by on the weekends, My only time to dress, and when he came, he had
a button to open the Garage door. I would here the door opening, and I would run upstairs
and do a quick change from skirt to pants, and a sweat shirt.
All done in about 2 minuets flat.
Rader

Secret Drawer
01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
To be fair to the OP, it has only been in the last couple of years that I have reached a comfort level that doesn't require "fire alarm" type nervous reactions when the doorbell rings or if my wife were to come home unexpectedly. Prior to that, all through my youth, teens, and adult life I would have jeans or sweatpants, oversized shirts and the like in "strategic" locations so I could get something quickly over whatever it was I was wearing if need be.
Perhaps the real game changer was when my wife deeply and honestly (with no strings attached) said she does not care at all what any of the neighbors think, so I don't bother to change for the door anymore. I do have kids, but we are working together on letting them slowly know that this is part of me, so for now I would pull the fire alarm if need be, just for the wish not to be shocking to them. My wife also prefers not to see me dressed (at least she never has asked or indicated any particular curiousity) so I would likely try to change for her, although I won't hurt myself or clothing over it.

OCCarly
01-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I am out to my wife, but she wants that part of me kept secret from her family and friends. She always calls or texts if she has a friend coming over. I have varying tactics depending on the level of dress, from having Levis or sweats laid out on the bed to having wipes ready to go for makeup removal and a place ready to stash my wig. Usually she gives me half an hour or more of advance warning, but she has one friend, a gay makeup artist (who I am not out to because my wife wants it that way) and he has a way of showing up on the spur of the moment when he has a job in town.

There are a couple of times when my wife has called telling me he is outside (thank God we have a privacy fence in front of the house) and I have had to shuck the wig, wipe off the lipstick, pull a sweatshirt and Levis over my top and leggings, and go greet him at the door.

Oh, well.

Steph_CD_62
01-02-2016, 07:35 PM
My son and daughter know to text or call before showing up at our house. My wife's son and daughter live far enough away that they just don't show up either. I always have plenty of time to change if our children want to come over.
As far as others, I just go to the bedroom and wait to see if I need to change real quick or just come back out later. I am just lucky to have a supportive wife where I don't have to hide it from her.

Teresa
01-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Judy,
All my family know , I don't exclude them from the hose when I dress so it's up to them if they don't let me know they're calling.
As for delivery drivers, I've answered the door to two now so no fire drill for them either anymore ! I don't do full makeup and wig around the house so, if there was a real fire it wouldn't take me that long to get back to drab !

Sarah Doepner
01-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Judy,

My wife knew, but passed away a couple of years ago. I recently told my kids but none of them have seen me yet. I'm still nervous about that since my kids all have keys to the house. So I'm still jumpy when I hear a car door in the driveway and have a couple of options. But I'm getting tired of it all and am about ready to treat whoever comes to the door with whatever I happen to be wearing at the time they arrive. It seems now that it's only a matter of time anyway.

BLUE ORCHID
01-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Hi Judy:hugs:, My DA/DT :love:Wife knows and tolerates it and if by chance she comes in while I'm dressed
she looks the other way. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Angie G
01-02-2016, 09:32 PM
At this time I do that my grandson is staying with us. When he go's I will have no need for fiire drills.:hugs:
Angie

CourtneyJamieson
01-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes I have a "fire drill". Lots of times after my SO is asleep I will go down in the basement and get dressed. She is usually down for the count but sometimes our cats wake her and she feels the need to feed them in the middle of the night. So my ear is always tuned to the sound of the basement door opening and footsteps on the stairs. My drill is to turn off the lights in my downstairs office and while she is in the back room feeding the cats I perform my 5 minute transition. It is quite nerve-racking but, so far, I have not been discovered. Maybe someday I will come out to her but I just have no idea how well she would receive the idea after 15 years.

emma30
01-03-2016, 04:53 AM
Hey Judy, what a great question, I don't do drills but have safety measures in place.

Jane G
01-03-2016, 05:34 AM
Nope. My close friends and family have known Jane for many years. I still change back to drab if they come home unexpectedly though. Old fashioned but I just feel I should be dressed drab to respect their feelings.

sometimes_miss
01-03-2016, 12:37 PM
If the house is really on fire, I'll run out naked if I have to. Anything less? I have a deadbolt on the front door, and the main door is locked too and I can hear someone coming in. I'll be out of the living room as soon as I hear a key in the deadbolt. If the key is working, then I'm pretty sure it's either a friend or the landlord, so I can just run in the bathroom and turn on the shower. Solves two things; clothes get hidden under the sink, and gives me time to get about removing any scent/nail polish/make up that I might have on.
UPS/mailman etc? Screw em. All they do is run up and stick that nasty 'we missed you' sticker on the door and then run away; by the time I get up off the couch, they're back in their truck driving away.

Krystina
01-03-2016, 01:03 PM
I haven't had to in a long time. The sweatpants are a great idea. Back in the day I would wait until I knew I absolutely had my free time.

Heatherose
01-03-2016, 10:21 PM
I've had to overdress once or twice in a hurry. Makeup wipes are a must. Also when I put on my nails, they usually take a long time to get off. And even then there's remnants a day later. Lee press-ons are a good alternative... but not as fun.

Donniesr
01-04-2016, 12:21 AM
I just answer the door. Boy mode or gurl mode..makes no difference.

Tracii G
01-04-2016, 01:39 AM
I feel really bad for you girls that have to do that.

Kate Simmons
01-04-2016, 08:14 AM
I did fire drills in school and at my work places. A good conscientious family will practice them at home I guess but the bottom line is that if there is an actual fire, get your butt out of there dressed or not.:)

I Am Paula
01-04-2016, 08:53 AM
I think the problem lies with relationships, not how not to get caught. I'm appalled that so many here have to hide.

Lexi Moralas
01-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I don't know that I practice fire drills. But I try to have an " escape plan" if an unexpected situation comes up. I can be in the safe zone in less than 2 minutes. Unless I am wearing full makeup in which case it take like 20 minutes to get to 100 % I can face the SO with conference level.
But once or twice I have had unexpected car trouble and decent job in like 5 minutes so I wasn't changing a tire in 5" heels and. 6" skirt lol

Beverley Sims
01-04-2016, 01:13 PM
I have always had an escape plan, I need it a lot less now days.

JocelynJames
01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Once upon a time but not for some time now. My SO knows when I'm no where to be found or hears the closet door open what's going on. I wish I'd told her sooner. Kids don't show up inannounced so that's a nonissue also

jjacobson
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM
I have practiced once or twice but now its just a matter of making sure that everything is staged so if I do have to bolt I'm not having to grab tons of stuff. A shared google calendar helps to so I know how much time I have as it corresponds to my SO's schedule.

Angela Marie
01-06-2016, 11:17 AM
My wife knows so not a problem at home. When I go out I always take a change of clothes. Usually something loose on the top and bottom like sweats, large shirt etc. Makes it easier to change quickly or pull over femme clothes. Makeup remover is also a plus. I have a gym bag with toiletries in it also.

Judith96a
01-07-2016, 03:38 AM
No 'fire drills' for me nowadays either. Had too many close calls when a teenager! Like Katey, I do my dressing up when safely away from home. When 'home alone' I might put on some makeup and jewellery but only if I know exactly where my wife is and how long she's going to be (preferably because I'll be collecting her!). These 'fire drills' only cause premature ageing - we can all do without that.

PS Katey, I like the Batpole idea. Wallace & Gromit came up with something similar.

Adriana Moretti
01-07-2016, 11:47 AM
ha ha...fire drills..thats funny.... if i am spending the day inside the closet and there is a possibility of mom coming home early I set up an "escape pod" in the bathroom before I get ready. I will set up a set up a change of clothes ( guy) and a towel in the bathroom. If I hear mom come home early I hop in the bathroom, lock the door, turn on the water, hop in the shower, wash my face, and hop out with my clothes wraped in an extra towel looking surprised my mother is home so early. I also enforce a "clean as you go" policy as I am getting ready so there is no evidence sitting out & about in case this happens LOL...xoxo

mehere
01-12-2016, 05:43 AM
I had a courier turn up one morning I was home. Luckily it was winter, so pulled up some trackpants over my stockings and put a jumper on before answering the door.