PDA

View Full Version : did she know

bobbie anne
02-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi. Just got home from shopping at the local thrift store. This is run by volunteers mostly little old ladies in their 70s. I picked out a three quarter length dress. When I got to the counter I mentioned (she) looked at it yesterday. Which I had. I paid for it $5.00 and just as I was leaving she commented. I hope it works for you. My reply I am sure it will. Now did she somehow know I was buying for myself. I was in complete drab. Bobbie

Jamie M
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
sorry to say that she probably had a fair idea it was for you lovey . thrift stores employees tend to be pretty open minded to cd'ers , i'm sure they get a fair few of us in to buy our things . the up side of this is that it sounds like you've got a ready shop to go when you want new bits without having to worry how they'll be .

of course if it makes you feel any better , she could have meant that she hoped it worked out for you as a gift for your loved one :)

Laurie Ann
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Well does it work for you if possible lets see a photo.

Melanie R
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Most store clerks have an idea that the feminine attire purchases are for the person making the purchases. Usually every March I will visit a large department store for their annual 80-90% off sale of winter clothes closeout. On this particular day I was dressed enhomme but looked at all the racks and brought at least 10 outfits to the register. The older woman looked me over and then asked if I had the correct sizes? She then said I could go to the dressing room and see if they fit. I asked how she knew these purchases were for me. She said that men do not make this many purchases in the women's department if they are not crossdressers. She said I know a crossdresser when I see one. I asked how many come into her department and shop. She said at least 2-3 each day. Wish we could put out some literature about our Houston Tri-Ess group in the women's department.

Hugs,

Melanie