PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Wife's Lack of interest

Mitzy
01-06-2016, 11:04 PM
I know this is probably common - and I'm sure there is a post, or many posts about this subject here -and no offense, but I don't have a great deal of time to go searching for the correct topic (I've tried a few times, but I always get pulled away for one reason or another).

Right now, kids are in bed, wife is reading, and I finally have some quiet time.

I've been doing the secret under clothes thing since my early teens - loved it, still love it, have had fantasies in the past about totally getting decked out and going out in public -but now that I'm a Dad, I'm not interested in doing that anymore. Privately, behind closed doors ok, but not public.

When I told my wife about this, back when we first started dating, she was initially REALLY freaked out. She thought I was gay, broke down crying, thinking it was never going to work out between us, etc. I really had to coax, and explain specifics to her - what I was into, what I wasn't into, etc. I had only told one or two other girls in my life, and both were awesome about it. I thought she would be too.

Anyway, I think it was initially a struggle for her, but eventually, she started to get into it. She would buy things for me once in awhile, and playfully tease me about what I was wearing, etc. When we were to go out on dates, sometimes she would pick out certain things for me to wear - underneath, but outerwear too, like women's Jeans, and certain shoes. Subtle things that don't grab attention. Is Gender-bending the right term?

Well, now things have shut down. She doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't give me any acknowledgement in that area. I've bugged her about it, we've had silent fights about it. What it comes down to, I guess, is that she's up early with the kids, and in bed by 10 every night, her energy level is shot. I can't say as I blame her. She is an awesome Mother, and an awesome wife, and other than this, I have no complaints.

But it's SO frustrating to be so alone in this. All I want to do is share it with her, and all she does is ignore it. We both agree this is nothing that the kids need to know about - it's private, only between us, but still she is un-motivated.

The sex is great - no complaints there - but that's all it is... sex. No build-up, no role-playing (and OH how I want to role-play!) I've written stories for her to help get her motivated (which she told me might help) - but she shoved them in a drawer, and ignored them. I had even been hinting that she should hire a "maid" every time she complained about laundry, or house-chores. Rolls eyes, "yea-yea". I even wrote a "resume" as a "potential maid" which I handed to her, and she read it, stuffed it under a book, rolled over and went to sleep.

I'm stuck. I'm beginning to wonder if she's hitting the early stages of Menopause (we are both mid-40's) - if so, is this common?

I don't even know how to talk to her about it anymore without her getting defensive.

Anyone else out there having, or have had issues like this?

Thanks for listening -

Dana44
01-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Mitsy, it could be something she is going through. Might not even against you. I would give it a little time and then maybe try a role play. Perhaps it will get you two closer. But I've seen it before and she may be just tired from being a mother. It is hard a any male as the kids get older and the parents start growing apart at this time. Many marriages fail because that but like I said she may be just tired.

Rachelakld
01-07-2016, 12:08 AM
Discussed it with wife,
her arguement is she has no time for your girl self (just as my wife has no interest in Rachel, and Rachel must find her own fun in her "free time")
Wife often gives me dresses, kids got me a lovely handbag for this Christmas, floral tights last Christmas.

My thoughts are, if she is a great wife, great mother, great sex, then maybe there is a disconnect elsewhere in the relationship (maybe you visions of the future are different).

BTW we don't do role play, sex buildup etc, it's more like "cool we don't expect any interuptions for the next 30 minutes, lets get to it".
We do have cuddles morning and night, but with teenagers and parties, out last "pick up" can be 1 or 2 am, and sleep over morning pickups can be anytime after 6 am, so it only leaves us with 4 hours for sleep or sex.

Laurana
01-07-2016, 07:28 AM
I'm stuck. I'm beginning to wonder if she's hitting the early stages of Menopause (we are both mid-40's) - if so, is this common?

Or it could be that she's getting tired of you bringing it up. Maybe she doesn't want to share this with you. Maybe, even though she's "picked things out", or "playfully teased" she's not accepting this. She may tolerate it to a point but that's as far as she's willing to go.

If you want everything else to stay "great" my advice is to back off or you may find yourself having a "great" life by yourself.

And whatever you do do NOT use the menopause word.

I know it's harsh words to read but it may be a lot closer to the truth than you want to admit.

Jaylyn
01-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Yep the GG go thru the change about tha period of time. Some earlier some later. Grab a good hold on to something because that's the time they can care less about about anything sexual and just try to make it thru one day at a time. Oh by the way it's pretty tough on the genetic males also. My wife started her change in her very early fifties and she is now 65 and really has not been the same since. We've tried estrogen, shots and about everything in between. I've accepted this is just life. They still want your love but seem to start having a lack for sexual things. It's hard because I still enjoy the old times but realize this is where true love has to prevail as I know it's not her fault.

Candice June Lee
01-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Women's hormones unlike a males are always up and down. My wife had a hysterectomy in her twenties so I can see many things of what you say first hand. As their body changes and the imbalances happen that quietly try to make sense of things coming. It puts their moods in to different arrays from one minute to the next. My wife goes from loving the fem side of me to hating it and back in thirty seconds sometimes. Sometimes she hates it for days and other times loves it to no end. I don't like the rollercoaster ride of emotions but all we can do love them and hope for a better day tomorrow. As she has helped you through this CD process you may want to help her and let her know her feelings are just as important. That might go a long ways into helping you and her cope with all this.

Sissy_Michelle
01-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Mitzy,

Welcome to the forum. I have a couple of questions for you.

One: When you met your wife were you dressed as a woman?

Two: Is your wife gay?

I am not trying to be hurtful or disrespectful. Two basic questions you should remember when your wife doesn't wish to play. Remember when she broke down and cried, asked you a hundred questions about your sexual orientation and how far were you willing to go? Well guess what she fell in love with a man. The very same man you see in the mirror every morning. You may not feel that way inside, may not even appreciate that outward exterior, but that is what she saw, that is what she is attracted to. Your personality, attitude, inner strength and a dozen more qualities that she found in you is what she decided to spend the rest of her life with. Yes everyone changes... Hell she will change as well. Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you feel if she wanted to dress up as a guy? Take you out amongst your friends and coworker's...

Remember the two questions ....

Good luck, appreciate the time she does spend, go slow and don't push her unless you wish to find other living quarters.

@--}----
Michelle

CarlaWestin
01-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Well, Mitzy, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I get the general feeling from the thousands of posts I've read that for the most part, our wives would prefer we not do this. And there's the paradox. We would prefer to do this. Who knows why we want to experience a female existence. For me, it's a warm comfort zone. It is nice to hear that your priorities are in order.
And, really, we don't "bend" anything.

Katey888
01-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Welcome Mitzy... :)

I think you're somewhat correct when you guess that what you describe is a common problem for CDers - how common is unclear, but I can tell you that I've read quite a few examples here where the wife is initially shocked, then moves to some level of tolerance (even support) but later seems to go cold on the idea even to the point of outright rejection. Of course, everyone is unique - there are differences in every relationship and every story but it seems clear that sometimes partners' wishes are in phase and in other cases, not so much... You imply that there may be a sexual role-play element to this for you but clearly not for her. I think you could replace "CDING" with any number of other sexual play or fetish scenarios and find that one partner is keen, but the other is anti. I've experienced this first hand (not with CDing) and there isn't really much to be done if your SO isn't into it... perhaps explore related areas (maybe someone not into maids might be more into... leather...? Or cowgirls..? or something else - just examples... ;)) but if they're really not interested, you have three, stark choices: don't do it; do it by yourself; or do it with someone else. :) Doubtless a lot of folk will see that as being potentially unfaithful - but depending on the exact circumstances, a little bit of managed extracurricularism might go a long way to preserving a relationship on other fronts. It's down to the individuals concerned, but you could (and should) discuss this with her.

Overall, I think this is simply about people changing as they mature. Some appear not to; others (I think those of us that have a more exploratory or experimenting persona) change more and push boundaries more. I don't think there are too many ways of predicting how we're going to be as that maturity creeps up and mugs us... ;)

Finally - please don't beat yourself up about this too much... distance between couples is not unusual - sure, we don't ask for it, but it is a simple fact of modern life - you just need to find a way to talk without being too defensive (perhaps couples counselling?) or a way to manage your own needs... :hugs:

Good luck! Come back and talk to all of us if it helps...

Katey x

audreyinalbany
01-07-2016, 08:37 AM
and yo also siad, "now that I'm a dad," the implication being that your child (or children) are fairly young. Not being an actual woman, I probably should't moment, but, in my experience, Motherhood changes a woman's feelings about a lot of things. It may be that she's so involved being a mom that she just doesn't have the energy for role playing or much of anything else. I'd say cut her a little slack and back off a little bit on your needs and wants.

mykell
01-07-2016, 08:46 AM
hi Mitzy,
im having issues like that, its called life and me being a CDer had nothing to do about it, she has only known for a brief time, its just how life goes about.....you still have a wife and kids so be thankful for that, many lost all that when they reveal this to their mates.
if or when she wants to see it she will let you know, dont obsess over it. her fantasy may be an officer and a gentleman, your offering a french maid, of course she rolled over.

noticed in your post you didnt mention she had jubilantly cheered and jumped up and down about how happy she was that you were a CDer, remember that, she was freeked out, she still is, just a little accepting about it, dont push her away, the family comes first !

i may sound harsh but just being honest, your new here and have not seen good friends lose it all by disclosing a few words about yourself.....even a knowledgeable wife may find a breaking point, cherish them and the time you have to share with them....

i too had a similar thread about my wifes lack of understanding, "you can lead a horse to water, you cant make them drink"

Meghan4now
01-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Mitzy,

As others have mentioned, you sound like you are at a stage in life where children, work and life are busy and stressful. If it's not her cup of tea, and she has only been tolerant of it in the past, I wouldn't push it. You have a great many other things to be thankful for.

SEX? You get sex at this stage? Quit you b****ing! You're in the lucky 25-30%

BillieAnneJean
01-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Have you tried something new, like you being 100% guy and her being the woman for a date night? Do all the chivalrous guy things and manly things dressed 100% guy. Tell her that you will not be talking about anything cross dressing or fantasy. Just conversation about the kids, how much you love each other, plan a next vacation. Give her an escape from the usual by doing this. Then repeat every week, no less frequent that every other week. Give her something to look forward to and count on. It does not have to be expensive. Just some time away from the kids, housework, and your cross dressing. Even grocery shopping would do once in a while. Try this and I bet you see some renewed enthusiasm on her part for your other interests.

ClosetED
01-07-2016, 09:24 AM
My wife had been reluctant, but mildly accepting (rarely buying me an item), until about 5 yrs ago, when she was in late 40's. So either hormones, or more likely life stage, may be factor. When kids were very small, you wearing women's clothes may have been daring, but now her reputation in the community and also the possible impact on the kids being teased, is a greater concern to a caring mother. If you are pushing more, her reaction may be to shut you down. I suggest having a talk when things are quiet, kids asleep, she is not exhausted. You can ask if those are things she is worried about and that you can see they are impacting your relationship. You may have to keep to just underdressing such that no one will notice and doing things only in complete privacy with her, in exchange to her sharing more with you.
You may feel that is not fair. - but yet it may be what she is worried about and your choices are limited..
Good luck and welcome to the Forum!
Ellen

Krisi
01-07-2016, 09:44 AM
It's unclear to me if you're complaining about your wife's lack of interest in sex in general or her lack of interest in your crossdressing.

I can't help you on the sex thing but as for the crossdressing, you are the crossdresser, not her. Why should she be interested in it? Is the typical wife interested in her husband's other hobbies? Fishing? Hunting? Fast cars or four-wheelers?

Many crossdressers get so caught up in dressing that they forget that it's not something their wife cares about. Often, it's something that they only put up with and wish would go away.

Look at the big picture and consider your wife's feelings and interests.

NicoleScott
01-07-2016, 10:40 AM
"All I want to do is share it with her".

Apparently, that makes one of you.
I'm with Krisi on this. This is your interest. Thank goodness my wife doesn't require me to share her interest in Housewives of Wherever or Harlequin Romances. Separate interests make our common interests even better.
To me, crossdressing is personal. My wife knows but has no interest in participating. Maybe it's my inability to understand, but I can't imagine my crossdressing pleasure and satisfaction being dependent on anyone else.
Perhaps you need to go it alone and find crossdressing enjoyment without her involvement.

Teresa
01-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Mitzy,
Most of us have been through this, your wife now has many more things to juggle now, we all have to accept we don't come top of the list anymore. her priority is her children now, it's only natural, she has rethought sex , it has changed for her, I would doubt the menopause is a problem yet, your Cding needs are going to need a rethink, the boundaries have changed.
It may be a good idea to think about your CDing and what it means to you, if it helps go for couselling, but don't pressurise your wife with things that she doesn't understand until you have it clear in your own mind, she will want stability now not instability !
There are literally hundreds of threads in the archives that carry the same message but you still have to choose what works for you .

Mitzy
01-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Hi Michelle-

No, I've never actually "dressed up" - but there was a point in time when I surprised her by wearing a thong while we were dating. She didn't think anything of it, but shortly thereafter was when I wrote to her and told her. I kick myself now, because I feel like I should have talked to her about it in person. The other two girlfriends I had in the past I told in person, and I think that had a lot to do with their being good with it.

I do not believe my wife is gay - she's never shown any interest in that arena. Although, she has met a TG recently, and expressed how "cute" they looked. Which confused, and frustrated the heck of out me.

As I said, not looking to get dressed up to go out on the town anymore - I feel a little old for that, especially since I'm a Dad now. If my wife expressed an interest in getting dressed up as a guy, I would support her, and help her, because I know that feeling. But I know where you are coming from in relating to something that is uncomfortable for her.

Krisi
01-07-2016, 11:35 AM
" If my wife expressed an interest in getting dressed up as a guy, I would support her, and help her, ..............."

That's easy enough for us to say, after all, we are crossdressers ourselves. I have serious doubts that the average man would feel that way.

Amy Lynn3
01-07-2016, 11:37 AM
I agree with Billy. Hire a sitter for the kids or send them off to grandmothers house. Make the day just for your wife and nobody else. If you want to dress up, do it for her. Rent a policeman uniform and after a day/night on the town dress up and pretend she has broken a law and arrest her. You get the picture. Make date nights every week, just for her and see if life does not change for you. Women do have many changes in life, but much starts in the heart. Just fill her heart with love for being all the good things you said about her.

To be honest....I would count my blessings to have a woman like yours. I know that is hard for you to understand at this point, but take it form one who has had much worse. Just remember to make your marriage about her and the family and in my opinion cding should take a backseat to that.:)

Mitzy
01-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone - I've battled with myself on doing much of what a lot of you are leaning toward - which is backing off.

It's difficult though, when I get the urge :o I have even tried to simplify, i.e. : all she'd have to do is send me a text of what she needs done in the house, and what to wear - but it seems even that is hard for her.

She does have a stress issue, so I'm convinced that is a large part of it, combined with the kids, etc.

Counseling: I would not be comfortable talking about those desires with another party. It's just too private to me.

And no, I haven't considered being a "Guy" - or "Manly Man" for her - that's just not who, or what I am (and no, I'm not outwardly femme... -at least not that I know of?). She's dated "Manly" guys, and got very sick of the testosterone. She has expressed that I am exceptional, and nothing like she's ever experienced before -which is a good thing ;)

I have wondered about hypnosis -but not "making" her do anything she doesn't want to do obviously. Just something that would relax her, so she's not so stressed out about everything. Sometimes she can't stop talking about stuff from either work, or other friend's issues, etc. She sometimes gets so worked up about things that don't relate to her, all I want to do is put my hand over her mouth and say "STOP - it's not your problem!".

Anyway, thank you for all your words of advice, and thoughts - nice to vent little and know I'm not the only one out there experiencing this :)

JocelynJames
01-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I get what your saying. Some days my wife has zero interest, other days she goes with the flow. I offer help on everything and it helps alleviate her work load and stress and in turn she does have more energy for the "other stuff". But more so now dressing is the norm and I don't always need her to play, but the compliments and comments feed my brain and she knows that's what I need- the acceptance

Laurana
01-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Hi Michelle-

I do not believe my wife is gay - she's never shown any interest in that arena.

And that's why she has ignored all your role playing ideas. She has no interest in having sex with you while you wear womens clothes.

Although, she has met a TG recently, and expressed how "cute" they looked. Which confused, and frustrated the heck of out me.

Just because she said another TG looked cute doesn't mean she wants you to be the same way.

If my wife expressed an interest in getting dressed up as a guy, I would support her, and help her, because I know that feeling. But I know where you are coming from in relating to something that is uncomfortable for her.

That's easy to say now. Because let's face it, women have been putting on suits and ties and wearing jeans and t-shirts for a long time now.

But I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't be so easy for you to say that if she wanted to take that male role into the bedroom and be the one giving not receiving.

As for being too old, well there are plenty of old girls on here.

Stephanie47
01-07-2016, 12:00 PM
My feelings are similar to Krisi's (#15) and Nicole's (#16). Decades ago my wife and I dabbled with lingerie in the bedroom. We went shopping for nylon nightgowns for me, and, she bought me hosiery and a garter belt. It was not an all the time thing. When my interests expanded into slips and then a bra; a vivid red Vanity Fair bra with matching tap panties, her attitude changed. It was no longer "kinky" bedroom play, but, something more. She changed her mind. I tried nudging her to accept more of me. But, alas, I finally realized what I was doing was akin to "mental spousal abuse." For the last thirty years it has been DADT and strictly a "private affair." My wife even told me, if I wanted to join a support group, that was alright with her. It was a sincere offer, but, there were no support groups in my area back in the 1980's.

If you continue to "badger" your wife, she is going to totally shutdown. It is obvious to most of us, she has no interest in participating in crossdressing activities, and, your fantasies. I think your image and her image of her man attired as a "maid" conflicts. It's a great fantasy. However, if her mind is not into it, she going to think you're ridiculous. I strongly suggest you back off. If you don't you're digging a psychological hole for yourself. The more you pester her, the greater your angst will be. It is expressed all the time on the forum....the man cannot become the woman often enough and his stress level incrreases.

Women have a right to change their minds. Men have a right to increase their level of activity. But, that's where the conflict arises. You want more, and, she wants less or nothing to do with it. She may have seemed to exude some level of acceptance in the past by buying clothing for you or not objecting to some low level crossdressing activity. However, as you up the ante, she is shutting down.

Stop the badgering and pushing. Cross dressing is your thing, not her thing.

Sky
01-07-2016, 01:52 PM
all she'd have to do is send me a text of what she needs done in the house, and what to wear - but it seems even that is hard for her.

(...)

She does have a stress issue, so I'm convinced that is a large part of it, combined with the kids, etc.

(...)

Counseling: I would not be comfortable talking about those desires with another party. It's just too private to me.

(...)

I have wondered about hypnosis -but not "making" her do anything she doesn't want to do obviously. Just something that would relax her, so she's not so stressed out about everything. Sometimes she can't stop talking about stuff from either work, or other friend's issues, etc. She sometimes gets so worked up about things that don't relate to her, all I want to do is put my hand over her mouth and say "STOP - it's not your problem!"

Can I play amateur therapist? (well, what else is this forum for anyway?)

You write "she this, she that". Any two bit therapist (I'm at least a three and a half) will tell you to stop that and go for "I". Nagging over a laundry list of things "she" does is a pretty destructive behavior. What are you doing for her? What does she want from you? Do you know what she wants? Does she know how you feel? Since you won't talk to a third party, do you talk to her, as in talking AND listening, not venting?

One last comment about the "put your hand over her mouth" thingy: short of drenching her in blood, Carrie-style, that must be the quickest way to an ugly divorce.

Pat
01-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Really? You're going to blame menopause? I think you have a handle on the problem if she's exhausted from doing Mom duty. If she's beat, take some of the load off her and give her the time to get back to her old self -- the one you really liked -- again. Instead of suggesting she hire a maid - do the laundry. Clean up. It's less likely menopause and more likely male privilege. Just an opinion.

Tina_gm
01-07-2016, 02:20 PM

ding ding ding.... Have you ever felt stress? It kicks the crap out of you. Doesn't matter how legit it is. And when you have kids to take care of, it takes everything you have to continue to function as a good parent. I do not know how much she is truly rejecting you. I would think her putting the things you presented to her more of a she just cannot deal with it right now kind of thing. The truth from her early acceptance in the past, buying things and such was probably not that she ever really liked it, but liked making you happy. She may not have hated it, but probably like most would be plenty ok if it were not the case.

My advice, for the short term while she is under stress, is to back off things like the maid resume and stuff. She knows you dress, and for now, is ok enough not to leave you over it, but the other issues in life are just taking up all her time. At some point, when you can find a time when you two can talk freely, I would bring up the topic and get a better understanding of where she is at with it all. Probably not a place you are going to be really happy with.... but probably a place where it will not end the marriage either.

Sissy_Michelle
01-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Thank you everyone - I've battled with myself on doing much of what a lot of you are leaning toward - which is backing off.

And no, I haven't considered being a "Guy" - or "Manly Man" for her ... :)

Communication is the key. Speak with her and be honest, and listen to what she wants. Remember what I asked earlier? All boils down to, the person you want to become, isn't the person she married. She will feel cheated or lied to. You will loose trust and respect, that you will never get back... Nothing is too "private" from your wife.

Good luck

@--}-----
Michelle

Alana Lucerne
01-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Mitzi:
There has been some very good comments in this thread, but one thing I noticed in your original post is that your wife is up early with the kids and early to bed. Does that mean you are not? If you aren't, try getting up with her and going to bed with her. Share that load and maybe that will make her a bit less tired and a bit more appreciative of your efforts. I know my wife appreciates help around the house but doesn't necessarily like to tell me she needs it. As a general rule, I have found that spending time with my wife reaps great rewards. Sitting on the couch with her and rubbing her feet is pure gold, and I enjoy it too. :)

Second, and I think this has been mentioned: what is your wife into regarding intimacy? Do you know? Have you asked? Maybe she is into some other kind of fantasy and a little quid pro quo is in order.

In short, I have found that if one gives attention without being asked, it is worth much more than giving attention after being asked. In other words, give her something, don't ask for anything. You might find yourself on the receiving end of that equation.

Alana

Mitzy
01-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Sorry - I don't know if it's menopause, it was just a theory. I think it's being tired more than anything. I do work late at night from home, so I'm normally not in bed until after midnight. But I DO help around the house quite a bit - I do laundry, and dishes, and I fix whatever needs to be fixed. I just fixed the furnace, which I never thought I would be able to do. She does tolerate my wearing her things -and sometimes will have me wear stuff in bed fooling around, so maybe she's not completely repulsed by it.

We do have quiet times together, usually at night when we're watching tv, or if the kids finish dinner early - then we have time to talk. We actually had a DATE night the other night, and it went really well - nothing happened sexually, but that wasn't the point. It was just having time to ourselves. We don't make a lot of money, so hiring a sitter is difficult. Family isn't an option unfortunately (both sets of parents are deceased, and extending family live far away).

Talking to her about it is what scares me. We do flirt on and off during the day sometimes, but at night it's like a switch <CLICK> she's done with life, reading a book, in bed, doesn't want to deal with anything. I take it upon myself to clean up after dinner, and do dishes and other stuff without being asked, but so many times, I look at the pile of laundry and say to myself... "well if only she would, then I would". But I know it doesn't work that way... and it's frustrating.

Thanks everyone -

sometimes_miss
01-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Ahem. She's not interested in playing dress up with you. She's made that clear. What is so difficult to understand? This kind of reminds me of my mom forcing asparagas down my throat. I don't like it. I'm not going to like it. Stop shoving it in my face and why keep insisting that if I keep trying it eventually I'll like it?

The more you push, the more she's going to hate you doing it, and the more she's going to hate you shoving it into her face.

Leave it alone. Do your thing in private, and don't annoy her with it.

You have no idea how lucky you are already to have someone that will even tolerate you doing this. Lots of us would give our right arm to have a wife like yours.

Keep pushing her, and eventually someone else will have her for HIS wife, because she'll push YOU right out the door.

char GG
01-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Billieannejean gave excellent advice. Make sure that you continue to date (as man & woman). Don't push her if she doesn't want to participate in your dressing. Sounds like the rest of your lives are going very well.

Also - PLEASE stop trying to blame menopause for any problems. It gets really old!

Kate T
01-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Mitzi, she is as tired as all crap. There are some days and some times when you just don't have the emotional energy to deal with this *(&^. And trust me, even for someone who is TS, there are plenty of times you are just over it and really don't want to talk about it and talk about the same stuff again and again.

I think you need to perhaps work with her. Ask her if there is anything she would like you to do to help out with the kids / work / whatever. Listen to her, really listen, try and understand the problems and things in her life that occupy her mind and ask / see if you can help (sometimes, lots of times, just listening helps). Do little things to make her feel good about herself randomly. The reason women, GG and TG, like being given flowers is because firstly we like flowers but secondly it means you thought about us. Not huge bouquets, just a flower picked randomly from somewhere because it reminded you of her (The reason we like chocolate though is because it tastes AWESOME so don't even think of eating any of it if you give it to her!). Lots of little things, it doesn't have to be expensive presents or grand gestures. Stuff that you know she likes because you know her.

She sounds like a lovely person. She will see and understand and will also want to listen to you, to do the things that make you happy.

OH, and also this:

Also - PLEASE stop trying to blame menopause for any problems. It gets really old!

And don't even think of blaming it on hormones either!

Nikkilovesdresses
01-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Sadly I think Laurana's nailed it Mitzy. You're going to have to tough it out...if you value your marriage.

So many of us here are in DADT relationships, and at least you've had some understanding from her over the years, and it's not like you're living a lie.

My best advice is do everything you possibly can to make her life easier. Be her rock. She needs a rock, not a girlfriend.

Hopefully in time, and with her feelings reassured by your love and good husbandry, she will find it within herself to indulge some of your fantasies.

Allsteamedup
01-18-2016, 11:29 AM
What exactly is it that you think is shareable about cding?

We choose our girlfriends for very different reasons than a husband. What do you really have to offer when you are dressed?

When women share we give to each other-sharing a problem, or offering support with an issue or medical problem. This is not what you have in mind. We do not sit around talking about panty colours, or nail varnish....!

You miss the point entirely when you offer to do chores while dressed. Daffy French maids do not do dishes. You do not hoover in high heels. As a member of the household you share chores. If you only want to do that while dressed you are sending another message entirely.

When children are young it is often best to go to a local support group. Think about it.

Beverley Sims
01-18-2016, 12:24 PM
I feel that you should not push it too far and wait for her to respond.

Curiosity does get the better of most women and they start asking questions.

If you suggest or do things to speed the process up you will take a backwards step of six to twelve months easily.

Lay off and you might make some progress in three months.

Tracii G
01-18-2016, 01:03 PM
As far as work goes do you work outside the home or work from home? Does she work as well outside the home?
Raising kids is freaking hard trust me I raised two daughters on my own and it will drain everything out of you.
My second wife had issues with stress and was very moody and did start menopause in her late 30's so life with her was pretty unbearable.
Maybe she needs to go in for a check up and take a stress test she may have medical reasons for being overly tired.
One thing you may try is take the kids for the day and let her just be alone.Better yet take them on a a trip for a few days or a special weekend with Dad.
Do what the kids want to do weather is a theme park or fishing, camping whatever.
I'm sure Mom would appreciate that a lot.
The main thing is make things about her not you so much.

TaraGrace
01-18-2016, 05:50 PM
hi Mitzy,

If I replace CD-ing with any given hobby, to me it sounds a lot like any other relationship I've had or seen with friends.
You date, are enthousiastic about something, and enthousiasm often stirs some intrest in your new partner, even if it's totally not their cup of tea.. they'll often spend some time and effort to make you happy, because.. well because it makes you happy.. and then life goes on, and as it does all the other daily things of life kick in..

If she is not dead set against it, then how about trading something you love to do with something she loves to do?
Make time for both, for example hers on 1 day, and yours two weeks later or so.. ?