PDA

View Full Version : Shopping and Tried on a skirt - in boy mode.

lucy_miller
01-07-2016, 06:14 AM
I was in London yesterday for a meeting and walked passed a Zara with a sale on, I had 30 minutes free so popped in for a look. The shopped was packed as it was just after lunch time in a busy office district, (Victoria). I didn't have anything particular in mind but liked the idea of a short tight fitting skirt as that had seemed the predominant look of the girls I'd passed while walking through the area. I found a couple of nice contenders one of which was only available in a small, I wanted to get the look right with the skirt tight on the waist and thighs and though it should fit but wasn't sure. Only thing for it was to try them on. I went to the men's section and I'm ashamed to say grabbed a pair of trousers and walked to the fitting rooms. Unfortunately their wasn't a room free so i stood and waited clutching my two mini skirts and trousers. The female SA gave me a curious look but didn't make a deal of my selection. A room became available and I tried on the two skirts. I selected the one only available in small, hung the others items on the return rail outside the fitting rooms and when to pay.

I would say I felt helped by the general busy nature of the store and the fact I could try the clothes on in the male changing room, I am not yet ready to wait in line with the women. Next time I wont grab the trousers as cover.

As for the skirt its lovely and I'm wearing it now with some black tights, boots and a chiffon blouse and cardigan. As another first I'm awaiting the delivery of a parcel and will open the door (all being well) as I'm dressed. I have also decided that the skirt will go into my public stash (wife aware) which to date has only included lingerie which I buy and a couple of dresses that she has discarded, instead of the private one which has forms, wigs and a couple of nice dresses etc.

Steve
01-07-2016, 06:30 AM
Great story lucy
Glad you found the confidence to try in store. I do this reguarly with nearly no problems. Except the 1 occasion buying sheos from Demenhams. Its all in the way you come across, if you look like its wrong to do it thats when you get most of the wrong reactions

kittie60
01-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Hi Lucy, great story. Before I went full time.I did the.same thing. Use to get some looks from the sa but went ahead anyway. Its actually fun.

Janet Bern
01-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice going Lucy. You "broke the ice". Just another step in learning to pick out a dress or two
go to a fitting room and try them on. No one cares. I finally did it about 15 years ago
and have been doing it ever since.

AllieSF
01-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Good for you. I have done the same many times, grabbing an over sized shirt as camouflage before entering the fitting area.

Sarah Louise
01-07-2016, 05:17 PM
The female SA gave me a curious look but didn't make a deal of my selection.

Good for you. I think using the trousers as cover was a good idea. The chances are that she simply assumed you were buying the skirts for your wife and paying for them after you tried on the trousers.

Jill_cd
01-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Good for you! I was in a Kasper's several months ago in boy mode. The store only sells women's clothing. I asked the SA if it was ok for me to try on a skirt.
"Yeah, sure". She was totally cool with it.

Tracii G
01-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Thats how its done good job!

Bruce64
01-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Very interesting story

reb.femme
01-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Hi Lucy,

I know that Zara well, as I walk past it on my way to some of the client's offices I'm covering at the moment. I can never resist looking in the windows of the girl shops now, as I saunter along. I tried on a pair of boots in Evans and New Look in Croydon whilst drab, but I had my wife as a crutch, so hats (bonnets) off to you for going alone. I might even have seen you window shopping too, when we're out and about :heehee:, as I travel through Victoria quite a bit.

Becky

mehere
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Being able to try them on must make shopping a whole lot easier