PDA

View Full Version : i ve never met another cd..

chantelle
10-16-2004, 07:04 PM
I wish that i can ever meet in a group of others like me. those of you that has met other in the flesh.Tell us how great it feels to meet other of your own species.

~Tammy~
10-16-2004, 07:19 PM
I am a very quiet person I find meeting people like me to quite refreshing. To sit and share views, experiences and tips face to face, is actually quite liberating.
Although I have only met other TV's/TS's when they are dressed and I'm in drabs I find it perfectly natural, like talking to someone who has more in common than my long time friends who don't know about my lifestyle.
Also bumping into a work collegue at a TG meeting a while back (neither of us were dressed at the time), has shown me you never know what other people get up to!
I was also lucky enough to be able to meet Rachel (The Out & About Babe!) recently, we went for a drink to a very busy pub, again me in drabs (dull I know!) but Rachel was looking wonderful and seem to take it all in her stride.
Such an inspiration.

Fiona K
10-17-2004, 01:39 PM
I Guess this site is the next best thing for all of us?
Fiona

babe4life
10-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I haven't had a chance to meet anyone in the flesh, but I have spoken to a few and it was really a wonderful experience. The other fantastic thing is I have been able to see them using a webcam while we chatted too. That was nice :). Unfortunately, it looks like I am at least two months away before I can actually attend one of the get togethers in my local area. Can't wait :D.

Love,
Vicky

Julie
10-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Chantelle as Tammy says meeting like minded people is an inspiration and even more so when you're at a low ebb. I do hope you get the opportunity to do so soon, until then we're here for you.

Love Julietta (Julie)

eleventhdr
10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Yes who among us has not wanted this for all of us to get togetehr somehow somewhere and all met and share. OH well i'm still looking to do this some time maybe would love to be able to change and dress with others and see how everhting would really be!. Suzy Ann!.

Wenda
10-17-2004, 07:05 PM
I haven't met any cd's in person, that I know about, but a posting by EricaLeighton and an e conversation prompted me to check out professional makeovers and I have found at least one really good sounding one in Vancouver, www.draag.com, which offers a range of services, and a really nice sounding concept called Girls Night Out. (Erica is in Denver, which is equidistant from me). My gf wants me to get professional help (no, not therapy) and go out together to a secure place, so we are thinking of spending Christmas/New Years there. Hope it checks out. sounds exciting. wenda. PS Anybody heard from Amelie? wg.

Wenda
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
sorry, my geography isnt current, but how far are you from Capetown? I was only there a few days, but it struck me as a reasonable facsimile for San Francisco in many ways, including the TG community? wenda.

crispy
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
those of you that has met other in the flesh.Tell us how great it feels
now, Chantelle, you have to be very careful about using language like that when the shark's around. ;)
we must keep this website clean, dear.
I never thought we'd hear a suggestive message like that from you. I am quite shocked. :eek:

Marianne
10-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I'll echo what Julie said.

The Tri-ess follks are a great bunch, although they're very focussed on hetero cross-dressers. They were the first 'strangers' I ever came out to. The few times I went to their meetings were 'scary' at first for me, but once I got over the initial terror I was fine.

That was a few years back, and was one of those 'steps' for me that I am so very glad I finally took (yah, I know, a very 'yoda' like sentence).

After much soul-searching several years ago, I finally packed a bag with stockings, a bra, hose, a dress, a wig, makeup and headed out there. They were not only discreet, they were also 'secure', they didn't even tell me where they met until *after* they had checked me out in person in a different location.

My first night out there was an experience I'll never forget. I got there a little early, dressed in 'drab', and was shown to a secure location where I could change and slap on makeup. A couple of the other 'girls' in the changing room oferred advice and helped me with some simple tips, then I took a short walk to the meeting room.

I was as nervous as a kitten at first, my hands were shaking and I could hardly walk.

A couple of hours later, I was a completely different person. I was in a room full of people just like me.

People who did not run away screaming in terror, people who didn't stare at me, people who didn't offer to beat the snot out of me for being 'different', just people who understood and people who accepted me completely for who and what I was/am.

I stopped going because my wife at the time was not comfortable with it, her main objection was that I might run into someone she worked with and she felt that might lead to 'gossip' that would hurt her career. I chose to respect her fears (even though those fears were unfounded when I think back on it, after all, anyone I met there that worked with her would NOT be about to spread 'gossip'...)

I still have fears and doubts, but I do know that there are people out there who don't see me as a 'wierdo' for this side of me.

I've 'come' a long way since those first few meetings, but I still have a long way to go. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking a few steps 'forward', followed by a few more steps 'back', but overall, I'm gradually moving forward on this road I have finally been able to bring myself to walk.

My only regret is that I never had the courage to start walking it sooner.

Wenda
10-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks Erica, pics? count on it!! upsize your hard drives! wenda ooo 'upsize....?...y...never mind...I will send lots. I was motivated by the pics that you posted. luv, wenda.