PDA

View Full Version : My wife bought me a wig!

Jenniferathome
01-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Go figure. It was supposed to be a Christmas present but it didn't arrive before we left for Hawaii. Like all things she does, it was well thought out, researched and then purchased. It's my first human hair wig as well so after I visit my stylist, I'll know what I really have. She knows it's something I would not buy for myself.

Now, in the past, I debated whether a wig or breast forms are the item that forces one to to admit they "really are a cross dresser" and I came to the conclusion that it is the wig. Forms can almost be a requirement for clothing to look and hang right. A wig is only for appearance. I'll open that for debate here if anyone likes.

In particular, I am curious what the genetic women think. Cross dressing is nutty enough but is there an element of it that you recall as "Wow, this is for real."

Bruce64
01-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Congratulations on your First wig.

Jenniferathome
01-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Not my first. My first Human Hair.

Bruce64
01-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Congratulation on your first Human Hair Wig

CourtneyJamieson
01-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Jennifer, Congrats and enjoy the new wig. But it will have to be outstanding to be any better than the one you currently wear in your Avatar. I love your look. Can't wait to see what the new "Do" looks like. Post a pic soon.

S. Lisa Smith
01-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Enjoy it!! Looking forward to seeing it!!

Katya@
01-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Congrats! I decided to grow my hair just a little over a year ago. By now it got to my jaw bone. As you can tell, it really takes time but on a flip side, everyone around me slowly gets used to me having long hair, including myself.

Jenny22
01-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Hello, Jennifer.
Isn't it wonderful when a wife / or SO is so supportive!! Bless her heart!
I bought my only wig, other then Halloween junk, about 4 years ago ... a bit curly, stretch cap and champaigne colored. I love it. But I want another one, this time straight, with bangs, and shoulder length. In earlier postings, I let it be known that I'm 80 Y/O. I've always thought highly of your postings and advices ..seriously .. so may I ask a question? Should I go with gray for my obvious age, or a color that I might love? I'm trying to get the nerve to go out en fem, knowing that I'd have to blend as an older lady. That's why I'm asking. You insight and recommendation would be VERY much appreciated.
OX
Jenny22

CallmeAlice
01-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on your wig! Personally I grow my hair out, I thought about getting a wig if i cut it short again, but I already have long enough hair.

Allisa
01-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Lets see, having my own hair I'm no expert on wigs, but I do know when my hair is pulled back while putting on my face I'm not complete until I let my hair down and then the image is complete, so I guess I would say yes the wig is the admitting factor.

heatherdress
01-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Good for you, Jennifer! How touching!

binair10
01-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Jenny, Being as I am about 5 years younger than you may I suggest that you go for a grey colour. I have a short grey wig that I brought many years ago and is still my favourite, even though it has seen better days. You do not want to show yourself up with an outlandish colour. Go with your age. I do and it works.

Wearing a different colour may not suit you, but if you look around when you are out and about,you may be able to to get some idea of which colours the elderly ladies in CA have their hair. If grey, then go for it.

Stephanie47
01-11-2016, 11:49 AM
I always feel envious when I read your posts of exploring your gender with an accepting wife. Human hair or synthetic the wig has to be a great gift from your wife. Decades ago I told my wife I would love to get some panties for my birthday. A wig? I would not have even approached the subject.

My current wig is a synthetic shoulder length grey wig which matches my sideburns which is about all that is left of my natural hair. My first wig, which I still have somewhere, was blond. Next, was brunette. Lately, I've been thinking of backtracking a little into something "salt and pepper."

Krisi
01-11-2016, 05:20 PM
That was nice of your wife and I know you will love the new wig.

For me it's three basic things that have me admitting that I am a crossdresser:

1) breast forms
2) wig
3) butt and hip padding (Veronica 5)

Not necessarily in that order but all are needed to transform Homer into Krisi.

Shayna
01-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Congrats on the wig and the acceptance from your wife.

Wig and makeup is what make it real for me.

donnaS
01-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Super duper awesome! Two stars for the wife!

SHY KIM
01-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Sweet surprise. Can't wait to see it. What color? How long?

LisaNJCD
01-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Bravo!! Still have the first wig my SO bought! It's not the same quality and certainly doesn't look as great as the ones since....but it will always be special. It was a milestone of her acceptance and encouragement.