PDA

View Full Version : Why fitness is important

Belladdresser
01-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Aside from good health, my time in the gym has had a surprising effect on my feminine side. I love doing squats and deadlifts as well as the old Jane Fonda butt workouts. This keeps my butt looking perky and helps me to feel feminine even in a pair of flannel pajamas. Chest workouts give my plenty to work with when I wear a padded push-up bra. And cardio keeps my waist small.
Funny enough, my wide lats and narrow waist make it hard for me to wear many men's shirts. I've tried on some of my wife's workout tops and they fit me great. I've been out jogging a few times in full lulu lemon gear, or worn her yoga pants to the gym. She admits that they look good on me, but just because they're tight and she likes my fit body. Clearly we're getting different types of enjoyment out of the situation.

Adriana Moretti
01-11-2016, 09:44 AM
I gotta agree....fitness is a big part of it ! Not only being good for you, it gives you alot of energy and gets you into that dress ! I am a complete gym rat lately...lots of cardio and ab work to stay tone and slim. Depending on the day I either jog 6 or 12 miles...The subject of fitness hardly comes up on here, so I am glad to see it when it does , the clothes are fun too...but they just get all sweaty LOL XOXO.....

Sarah-RT
01-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Eating right and fitness are a good habitat to have obviously for the listed reasons, Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles. Cardio and ab work would really be all I would be interested at the moment anyway, I know when I was younger the idea of being built like a tank was something I thought about but that idea has gone out of my mind altogether.

Katey888
01-11-2016, 10:06 AM
It is important, in many more ways than just affects our femme appearance - I agree... :)

But now I feel badly guilty about still having a little Christmas belly... I need to get back to the gym again pronto before another outing opportunity pops up and I can't fit into anything glam... :(

A timely reminder...

Katey x

Gina Torres
01-11-2016, 10:13 AM
I love working out. Hurt my knee a couple months ago and I've barely been able to start jogging again . Making the old ticker work makes me feel great. I always joke with my buds of skipping arm days due to being too tired from cardio days. But it's cuz my arms get enough work in at work, haha. I wish I could eat right though. I'm too addicted to burritos and chimichangas.

Stephanie47
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
A number of years ago I had a revelation that I needed to drop some weight. I read the labels on the obvious; beer and soda cans. Too many calories to knock off if I drank that stuff. Also, the cake and cookies. I dropped twenty pounds over the years. In 2014 I had an operation which altered my digestive system somewhat and it had to adapt. I dropped another ten pounds, but, felt terrible. And, I looked gaunt. My army body weight was history and should not be a goal. I've read some posts on this site and seen some girls who may be overly obsessed with body image as much as any natural born woman. Some actually look malnourished. Good health and wellness should be the goal in itself and not trying to fit into a certain size dress. I think there is something called a person's "natural body weight" at which one's body is working at its best.

pamela7
01-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Agreed, I'm back in the gym, renewed determination to go more and get the weight off and kept off.
And the narrowed waist of doing the core work is SO worth it when it comes to wearing skirts!

AmyVanessa
01-11-2016, 03:49 PM
I started getting serious about fitness when I took up crossdressing. I just wanted to rock my cute tops and leggings, but now it's for health reasons. Although I often miss my favorite junky foods, I've become a gym rat, and I feel a lot better physically, a lot less of the aches and pains that I thought were just part of getting older.

reb.femme
01-11-2016, 04:01 PM
What? You mean a box of chocolates, biscuits and/or cream cakes don't count toward my five a day?

I'm generally out for 12 hours of a day at present, travelling to and from work, so lets just say that going to the gym or exercise generally are not currently on my to do list, due to my being completely *ucked.

Strangely, I always seemed to be carrying a small injury when I was a regular road runner and gym bunny, whereas the settee has not caused me to pull one muscle :heehee:.

Becky

Alice_2014_B
02-11-2016, 02:10 AM
I absolutely love exercising!
It helps me stay in shape for the military and it helps my feminine side look better.
:)

Allison_CD
02-11-2016, 02:15 AM
I exercised once and as you can see from my atvar I look, as some have said to me, "Are you pregnant?"

Sarasometimes
02-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Great thread,
I have never ENJOYED exercise!!! Until just recently. Now mind you I am quite active but other than being able to tolerate a 3 to 4 mile jog every other day out of necessity (keep my heart fit) I have not done a "workout" since my late teens.
Well, I broke training, aka my jog, back in the early fall and of late my knees have been hurting, so no jogging. I need to be in good shape for an physically demanding event in the spring, so what is a CD to do? I searched exercise videos on You Tube and I found 100's. Of course the searches were aimed at GG type workouts, you know hips, legs and abs, barre...Well apparently these are now more than tolerable for me. I'm getting in shape which feels terrific and working to some degree on my girlish figure all at once.
I am most proud that I now do core exercises for a firm butt and flat tummy and the women in the videos wear such cute fun workout wear to inspire me more.

The toughest part is really, just getting started.

Beverley Sims
02-11-2016, 08:48 AM
There is nothing like looking trim, taut and terrific. :-)

Pat
02-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles.

Low weight and high reps will keep your muscles from getting bulgy. They'll just look toned and healthy. Also look at exercises that use many muscles instead of ones that target specific muscles. I workout with light kettlebells that seems to do the trick for me. ;)

Teresa
02-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Bella,
It' no gym for me, I walk the dog twice a day and keep in shape by cutting and chopping wood to keep the woodburner fed ! Gives me a UK size 12 and I'm happy with that !

Kate Simmons
02-11-2016, 11:15 AM
For someone who us almist 69, I consider myself pretty damn fit, especially on the dance floor en femme. Besides the aerobics, I've added isometrics within the last couple of years to keep my muscles trim and firm. Works for me. :battingeyelashes::)

Erin Lafleur
02-11-2016, 12:23 PM
It's funny how the idea of fitness has evolved for me over the years. While in male mode, I've been quite content to have a tummy and carry a few extra pounds. It really didn't bother me at all. What does keep me inspired to slim down is how I look in lingerie or a skirt or how my arms, butt or legs look. In drab, as I say, it doesn't concern me a whole lot but I find that I'm far more critical while en femme. I use the mirror far more while dressed and while I don't want to say that I obsess, I do realize how much better I look in a dress with a flat tummy or thinner arms.
I've been able to drop a couple of dress sizes recently and I must say that I enjoy what I see in the mirror as the pounds melt away. I've done it primarily just by eating smart so now it's time to pair that with a fitness program of some sort (besides long walks). My intent is to become leaner, firmer and more feminine.
I've been contemplating either pilates or yoga (or both) as both disciplines seem to work well for GGs and I've always admired how they look (lean and strong). I must admit that I don't know much about either but I would certainly welcome feedback or recommendations from anyone that has practiced either.

mechamoose
02-11-2016, 12:30 PM
I eat almost nothing but meat & veggies. Carbs are probably less than 5% of by diet. I wish I had those kind of results. If I do those exercises my thighs turn into oak trees. In cycling season, my calves develop more angles than a Picasso painting.

Lucky girl...

- MM

Samantha_Smile
02-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Eating right and fitness are a good habitat to have obviously for the listed reasons, Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles. Cardio and ab work would really be all I would be interested at the moment anyway, I know when I was younger the idea of being built like a tank was something I thought about but that idea has gone out of my mind altogether.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were stealing my thoughts :P

I wanted to be BIG when I was in my denial/hiding phase (I'm having a night of admitting to being a cilche) but then as I was let out a bit I decided I needed to reflect both genders in how I keep my body.
I'm 6'6" so looking skinny isn't hard but I've hit 33 hard and I'm noticing my butt, belly and bingo going to s*** (Self censoring! Admin I am on form tonight - no template warnings for me thankyou! :D).
I'm seriously thinking I need to do something if have any wish to keep looking skinny in my 40's (oh god I've only got 7 years! LOL) both for Sam and David (My Mr's does compliment my ass in smart pants :p)

mechamoose
02-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm 6'6"

DAMN, girl, that is a tall glass of water. With heels, you hit you head on door-frames.

Most GG's don't get that big. Kinda hard to blend.

so looking skinny isn't hard but I've hit 33 hard and I'm noticing my butt, belly and bingo going to s***

I'm seriously thinking I need to do something if have any wish to keep looking skinny in my 40's (oh god I've only got 7 years! LOL) both for Sam and David ([I]My Mr's does compliment my ass in smart pants

Sounds like (since you are 'skinny') you already have the right idea. Being over 40 doesn't automatically come with a paunch.

I'm 51, and fit into jeans I could have worn when 30. I have even accidentally tried wearing my 14 year-old son's jeans, only knowing they were not mine when the cuffs flopped around my feet (He is 6'5" [At 14!?!?!?])

When I was 26, I had a 34" waist. I'm wearing a girl's 14 now.

Don't give up, your future is not filled with flab.

- MM

Wanttodress
02-11-2016, 05:03 PM
I am still a little conflicted about exactly how my workouts are going to change. Now that I am getting out of the military and will be dressing regularly, I'll probably do more cardio to lose weight but I have worked how to get as strong as I am at the moment and wouldn't necessarily want to lose all that. I guess it comes with the territory; half the time I feel very masculine, the other half very feminine and submissive.

mechamoose
02-11-2016, 05:15 PM
I have biceps, quads, lats and a big chest. I still wear frilly things. (Like my Avatar)

To me, it isn't about blending. I'm *never* going to blend. I do it anyway.

- MM

Wanttodress
02-11-2016, 05:17 PM
That is a good point mechamoose, though I would like maybe go out in public at some point in the future. I guess that's where my conflict is.

karen inside
02-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Fitness is a must for anyone.. as belladdresser wrote about squats and deadlifts- will give you a nice bubble butt and legs to die for. My SO gives me a problem with her constant picture taking of my lower end which could pass better than alot of GGs- But from the rib cage up Too thick in the back and lats although i can fill out a bra pretty good without any help. Seriously my knees do not bother me at all and neither does my back because of deadlifts,/squats. And a spin bike is the ticket if you are an ex runner with knee/ ankle issues. the fluid motion is non impact on the joints and keeps legs, hips and heart healthy.

and the longer I'm on this forum, the better I feel about myself and being a cd...we're not so different after all. Thanks to all of you!

Samantha_Smile
02-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Most GG's don't get that big. Kinda hard to blend.

- MM

You think I would try to blend at this height? LOL No I'm way past that, but it doesn't mean I won't try to maintain some semblance of femininity in my appearance.
No not try at all would not feel right and wouldn't make me feel good either as a guy or as a gal.

And yeah, doorways are an issue in heels, banged my head a few times Hahahaha.

Kimberley May
02-12-2016, 05:22 AM
I'm starting to slowly develop a bit of a belly on me, so I've been cheating a little by wearing my lil' black underbra corset when the need arises :heehee:

PamelaRI
02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
It's basically the same for me. I was "comfortably" in BMI obese territory and suppressing my dressing. At the same time, being so out of shape made it unfulfilling to dress as I didn't like how I looked and couldn't wear clothing that I liked. - The typical vicious cycle.

Last year, after my heart surgery, I needed to attend cardio rehab. Before I could go to rehab, I needed to purchase workout clothes that would fit better than the minimal stuff that I had. I've always hated the way men's sweatpants fit and I found the design on most male workout clothing to be too manly and ill fitting. My solution was to buy women's workout tops (albeit in boring, plausible deniability black), women's loose fit exercise pants and compression shorts. The result was not only did I have the incentive to recover from surgery, improve my health with the goal of staying alive to see my daughter graduate from High School this June and then to pay for her to attend the college of her dreams, but I now had a chance to wear clothing that I found to be more comfortable and allowed me to somewhat express my femininity. Many of my workout routines are from women's fitness sites.

deirdre travesty
02-15-2016, 06:53 AM
Dahling

I hope you don't mind my mentioning it, and you don't care about blending but.... the horns do tend to detract from your cuteness.
A trim perhaps or a bright scarf.
Make you less noticeable and less likely to finish up above someone's fireplace.

CarlaWestin
02-15-2016, 07:42 AM
At my age, correct nutrition and sleep are extremely important. And, I keep moving. Still employed, I walk 7-10 miles a day and perform physical work. There's also a fitness of the mind to consider. Read, converse, figure stuff out. No sense being good looking and brain dead.

Tara Rushing
02-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Does sex count as exercise?? LOL......

Kidding aside most of you girls look fab and fit.....

I have had the strongest urge to get some femme workout clothes....some nice leggings and top and some cute girl trainers.....

I have always been pretty fit but I lapse sometimes. I have been planking and doing pushups and pullups every day. I should add some cardio but hey, that's where the sex comes in.......

mechamoose
02-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Lululemon just doesn't look the same on most of us. DOWNWARD DOG, DOWN!

(waving what my Momma gave me)

- MM

Samantha981
02-15-2016, 09:57 AM
I've always been pretty good at working out but inconsistent . But still was getting a little big for my height. Too many calories. Got to a point where my weight was too much and in the last year lost 20 pounds for general health reasons. As a side benefit... I can fit into my girl outfits better . And frankly is one motivation to keep it off... have a few holiday pounds to get back of yet.
Samantha

irene9999
02-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Totally agree, exercise really helps look better not just CDing but just in general, looking toned just looks good. I find doing weights with the ocassional cardio workout works for me

Sarasometimes
03-14-2016, 01:26 PM
As I mentioned, I have started doing exercise routines I found on You Tube aimed at the problem areas the women tend to have and I have stuck with it for nearly a month. I should have taken some measurements to see if my shape has changed but even if not I feel so much better being in better shape. I do mostly cardio and toning for "a bigger butt" and thigh shaping. The women who I follow is very motivating and she has dozens of programs. I also love to see what outfit she has on, short shorts/bra top or capris and a tank.. A personal goal is to be able to someday have her toe point.

PattyT
03-14-2016, 08:56 PM
This topic seems to have become very popular. It boils down how important health and crossdressing are to you.
Keeping your weight within the limit for your height and age is really important for maintaining health. Exercising is good but in the end result it’s a question of calories. An important element of maintaining health is keeping the weight down.
A corollary of crossdressing is not just wearing female attire but rather being able to wear the clothes you like, which enabled you to express your feminine aspect.. In my case, the sizes are very limited. I had to lose weight and to keep it down to wear what I want. I put crossdressing above food loaded with worthless calories which turn to fat. It was a tough battle but it was worth the effort.
Samantha summed up this problem of weight and choice of clothes very concisely, "Too many calories. Got to a point where my weight was too much and in the last year lost 20 pounds for general health reasons. As a side benefit... I can fit into my girl outfits better.”

soha
03-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Crossdressers mtf must do exercises to change into female body,and should follow strict diet

StarrOfDelite
03-23-2016, 07:21 PM
I totally agree with the premise that fitness and leanness is important for anyone, irrespective of gender presentation or sexual preference. Both cardio work on the stationary bike, the elliptical and treadmill, and weight training for body shaping. Regarding the latter, however, in my experience every person has his/her own genetic makeup, and the same parts of different bodies are likely to respond differently, and one person's best regime may or may not work for someone else. For my part, my upper body can balloon up with fairly small weights, whereas I can do multiple sets of leg presses at 25 reps and three times my body weight without doing anything to my lower body except increasing the definition and strength of my thighs, and making my buttocks the size and consistency of a slow pitch softball. One of my workout partners is just the opposite, if he does any heavy leg work at all his thighs and calves put on muscle exponentially.

Genny B
03-23-2016, 09:25 PM
Six months following my heart attack my cardiologist asked what I took for my diabetes? First I had heard of it, lol Learned he was right and changed my habits including what started as a two block walk into a 35 mile bike ride today. i have gone from a size 24 to a 14! Loving it!

Genny B

CONSUELO
03-24-2016, 11:51 AM
I am a firm believer in keeping fit and having a healthy diet. Besides feeling better and not having to deal with nasty side-effects of poor diet, such as late-onset diabetes ( a health crisis in the making) it is so wonderful to fit one's female clothing so well. There seems to be much more fashion choice in the smaller sizes anyway.
I make use of the gym- (lower weights but lots of repetition does mean you don't bulk up but keep muscles firmly toned) long but brisk walks and lots of cycling. Also I always avoid taking the escalator or elevator where possible and climb the stairs.

I have a friend who, despite leading what he thought was an active lifestyle, was diagnosed with bone mass loss. More walking and lifting modest weights increased his bone density within a year.

Devone
03-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Erin, if thats a picture of you on your post what ever you doing you look great. I have been into surfing for over 45years which has kept me in pretty good shape. Recently , about 2 months ago I joined a spa , mostly seniors used the facilities and I started swimming daily , an hour a day , mon. thru fri.Swimming seems to work for me , keeps the body muscles toned. Devone