PDA

View Full Version : You know what I want...

phoenix1105
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I have lurked on this and other boards for a long time, and I am still plagued by self doubt, embarrassment, some shame, and a host of other emotions. Just once I would like to find an accepting woman to go shopping with, that's it. I don't care about the money or ramifications, just someone who is authentic and wants to be around me. That might sound trivial, but I have never had someone else accept me for what I really am like in real life. Most of the time I cope pretty well. And when I feel like I can't cope I am reminded of an old quote I heard somewhere; We as humans, as people don't keep secrets locked up. Secrets keep us, the holders of those secrets locked up.

So on that note, I am going to grab a bottle of Grey Goose out of the freezer. I would like to thank each and every person who has read one of my threads, or sent me a PM. Those small acts that some might think innocuous, mean a lot to me.

Phoenix

Teresa
01-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Phoenix,
I knew it would never happen in my marriage situation so I just bit the bullet and did it for myself. Now I don't regret it, I enjoy the interaction with SAs , I think I would lose the fun aspect if I was accompanied now. My last enjoyable time was yesterday , Sunday morning having my skin tone checked and choosing some makeup, I had a great conversation with the beautician and a some laughs when I recounted a previous shopping story.

Nikkilovesdresses
01-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Well cheers my dear, and may all your dreams come true.

xxNikki

MarciManseau
01-11-2016, 01:16 PM
We as humans, as people don't keep secrets locked up. Secrets keep us, the holders of those secrets locked up.

Phoenix

Wow, whoever said that really made a wonderful observation! Phoenix, do you have any idea where you heard that or who said it? I think I'd love to read their thoughts.

Judy-Somthing
01-11-2016, 04:08 PM
I think one of the reasons why people who don't cross-dress think it's (weird/strange) is due to the movies portraying cross-dressers as a joke/comedy or worse as psychos.

NicoleScott
01-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Whatever you are, you don't accept yourself (self doubt, embarrassment, shame...) yet you want a woman to accept you. Not likely to happen.

Helen_Highwater
01-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Phoenix,

Have you thought about booking a personal shopper session in one of the major department stores. A few of the folks here have posted about their experiences and all have been positive.

Robin414
01-11-2016, 10:30 PM
I (and probably everyone here) understands where you're coming from Phoenix! Being a stock trader you have a firm grasp of statistics and analysis.

It's no different than asking a girl for a date...probability of a 'yes' is proportional to 'attempts' and good 'analysis'. In our world the odds tend a lot more to the 'no' side but maybe make more 'attempts' and do more 'analysis', there ARE GGs out there who are quite accepting, just a little harder to find, like the gold nugget stock opportunity 😉

xNicolex
01-11-2016, 10:41 PM
In our world the odds tend a lot more to the 'no' side but maybe make more 'attempts' and do more 'analysis', there ARE GGs out there who are quite accepting, just a little harder to find, like the gold nugget stock opportunity ��

I agree with Robin on this one the law of averages says statistical distribution of outcomes among members of a small sample must reflect the distribution of outcomes across the population as a whole :eek: In other words there is someone for everyone no matter what walk of life you are from :)

heatherdress
01-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Phoenix - Nicole is right. If you are plagued by self doubt, embarrassment, some shame, and a host of other emotions - it will be very, very difficult to find a woman who wants to be with you and who is accepting. You have to first accept yourself. They will want to be with you because you are who you are, not because you crossdress. They may or may not accept your dressing but they will like you and love you for who you are. Be confident, enjoy life.

Tracii G
01-12-2016, 01:43 AM
If you don't make the effort and put yourself out there the only one you have to blame is yourself.
Love your self first then others will reciprocate.

phoenix1105
01-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Wow, I never thought this would get so many replies! I really do appreciate the support people have shown here. As many have pointed out, it is not realistic to expect someone else to accept me before I can accept me. That is a road I have been going down a very long time. I don't know why it is is so hard for me to just accept things as they are. Honestly I try to take life one day at a time.

As for that quote, I can't for the life of me remember who said it.