PDA

View Full Version : Lets Ban Trousers

Allison_CD
01-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Lets Ban Trousers.

I see numerous photographs of CrossDressers wearing Trousers.
Trousers are Male attire.

Meghan4now
01-11-2016, 05:51 PM
So....you're calling Hillary a crossdresser?

pamela7
01-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Allison, I concur. I see you live in "skirtland" anyway?!

Eryn
01-11-2016, 05:56 PM
...Trousers are Male attire.

Sorry, but this is rather narrow-minded. Clothes should match the occasion. I'm not going to wear trousers to a nightclub nor am I going to wear a evening dress to mow the lawn. when the weather is chilly I'm thinking jeans or leggings. When it's warm, shorts or skirts.

Krisi
01-11-2016, 05:57 PM

That's funny. I don't care who you are!

Seriously, the "trousers" thing has been beaten to death her many times. My wife wears stretch pants much of the time. She is not a crossdresser.

While I prefer skirts and blouses, I'll often wear jeans when out and about because that's what women are wearing where I'm going. The skirt will draw attention to me.

GeorgeA
01-11-2016, 06:01 PM
CrossDressers wearing Trousers.

You are wrong in this statement: crossdresser don't wear trousers. Those that do are simply female impersonators, as many women are crossdressers, yes Meghan, that includes Hillary.

Meghan4now
01-11-2016, 06:09 PM
So wait a minute....if a woman owns jeans or any other pants, all under the classification of trousers, they are in fact crossdressers?

And if said woman then wears a skirt or a dress, then it's a reenactment of Victor Victoria? What about Kilts, or laplaps from Papua New Guinea? Or togas, or those dress thingies from Saudia Arabia and India, not to mention the pants women in India wear. I'm so confused......

Sarah-RT
01-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Meghan we'll just have to stick to fig leaves like the good old days!

Meghan4now
01-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Uh oh. There aren't any fig trees around here. What about oak leaves? I'd rather stay out of the cedar grove....

Sarah-RT
01-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Just steer clear of the poison Ivy!

Katey888
01-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm only letting this thread run if it maintains a humorous vibe... :)

Allison - is this some sort of revenge for the 1746 Dress Act that proscribed the wearing of the kilt north of the border...? :eek:

Intriguingly, that communications mega-corp, Vodafone, tried to ban trousers for their female workforce in the 1980s by subtle and unlawful dress codes... I do not think anything like that would pass any sort of human rights legislation today...

Katey x

Allison_CD
01-11-2016, 06:51 PM
I wear a kilt occasionally. My mother never wore trowsers in her life.

Trowsers are for men.

Dress Act. The law was repealed in 1782
Vodafone of which I am a fully paid up member have every right to make their own dress code.

Quote: "I'll often wear jeans when out and about because that's what women are wearing where I'm going. "
Jeans = Mens clothes.

Jenniferathome
01-11-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty sure you re wrong about the "male only attire" comment as I see a lot of women wearing jeans and pants of all sorts. Was there a memo that didn't go out on the interweb?

Tracii G
01-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Not touching this thread with a 10 foot pole.

Jennifer in CO
01-11-2016, 08:58 PM
did Karen put you up to this?

DEANNA57
01-11-2016, 09:02 PM
For myself nothing feels as good as a dress our skirt but you make up your own mind

Kate Simmons
01-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Why wear stylish jeans when we can wear an ugly house dress? :battingeyelashes::)

Amari
01-11-2016, 09:19 PM
did Karen put you up to this?

LOL! Good one Jennifer. :)

BLUE ORCHID
01-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Someone needs to PM Karren Hutton Right away to get a second opinion!

Robin414
01-11-2016, 09:54 PM
You mean like gross baggy pants 'n stuff right? Whew, I don't always wear skirts but when I do...they're skinny jeans dammit! 😉

AngelaYVR
01-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Original post aside, it is sort of humorous that to "fit in" with the women many CDs will engage in the wearing of the jeans. Delicious irony.

Jilmac
01-11-2016, 10:20 PM
If trousers are male attire then any female who chooses to wear trousers (cut, fitted, and styled for women) must be considered a crossdresser.

Rachael Leigh
01-11-2016, 10:29 PM
There are plenty of cute non skirt or dresses women wear, I for one love leggings especially in winter and you can do a lot of cute looks

Laurana
01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Yes well, dresses are female attire.

If you want to start tossing labels on clothes and who should wear them then you better start putting your pants on one leg at a time.

And who gave you the authority to tell people what they should wear?

AmyVanessa
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Nah, I think a lot of women look quite chic in trousers. Either jeans or dress pants.
Especially with heels, but that's just me.

Robin414
01-11-2016, 10:48 PM
I just can't ' do' a dress, no style sense...I rocked this look at the mall and just got beat up (literally) ��

I think I 'blend' better in jeans, rather get 'hit on' than just...hit ��

Pat
01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Cool. What other decision can you make for me? (Actually isn't making decisions for others sort of a man thing as well?) But Katey I mean that in the most humorous manner... ;)

Tracii G
01-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Said I wouldn't touch this thread but maybe some of us just don't have a skirt,hose and heels fetish. There I said it and I'm proud!!

Meghan4now
01-11-2016, 11:06 PM
I've got an idea, let's not allow crosdresser to do anything that modern women do, like wear dungarees, vote, own land, etc. In fact science need to figure a way to get 'em knocked up, take away their shoes an relegate them to the kitchen. We can then enforce the wearing of bustles, force them to make lye soap and darn stockings!

Ooh I forgot, what about Victorian Era pataloons? But I guess boy shorts are right out, I mean boy is right in the name!

Tracii G
01-11-2016, 11:08 PM
I was thinking of wearing skirt tomorrow but now its going to be jeans and tube top.:)

heatherdress
01-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Lets Ban Trousers.

I see numerous photographs of CrossDressers wearing Trousers.
Trousers are Male attire.

OK Allison, I'll play along.

Assuming they are male crossdressers: If you know and admit they are crossdressers and you have pictures of these known crossdressers wearing trousers and if we know that crossdressers wear feminine attire, then the trousers must be female trousers or they would not be crossdressing. Right? So trousers cannot simply be male attire if crossdressers wear trousers when they crossdress.

Hell on Heels
01-12-2016, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to vote NO on you trousers ban.
You may not be a fan of women wearing them, but you have to be
able to see the differences between men's and women's styles.

This pic oughta send Karen straight to thearapy.
Or possibly into a denim induced coma!

Much Love,
Kristyn

Tracii G
01-12-2016, 01:34 AM
You go Kristyn !!!! Tell it like it is home girl.

Erica Marie
01-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Men wear trousers, women wear slacks. Everyone wears jeans and most people that do shouldnt wear stretch pants. What is it with the women should only wear skirts thing? I just dont get it, walk around my town and you would be hard pressed to find many women in skirts. Even in an office environment most ladies are wearing pants.

Raychel
01-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Wearing clothes that society or someone dictates is what make me cross.
If I choose to wear pants or a skirt and it makes me happy,
the I am a happy dresser, not a cross dresser.

Now I am in a work uniform, Very cross Dresser.

Just sayin.........

CarolBrown
01-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Considering that Norman men wore braces (kind on legging underpants), Hose (thigh length socks) and tunics that went down to their knees (I.e. colourful and embroidered mid thigh to knee length dresses). It could be argued that dresses are indeed male attire... I do believe that the 1746 Dress Act actually banned Scottish men from wearing Kilts due to the events of the Jacobite rebellion. Again the difference between a kilt and skirt is described modernly as whether or not something is worn underneath the kilt... I have to admit, wearing a skirt to drive is like driving in just underwear as for me it, a skirt rides up and leaves just my bare legs on the seat...

donnaS
01-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Me, jeans maybe. But prefer mini skirts with top or knee length dress.

CarlaWestin
01-12-2016, 08:03 AM

We never see her wearing a blue dress. Odd?

audreyinalbany
01-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Okay, so my dictionary tells me that 'trousers' are "an outer garment covering the body from the waist to the ankles, with a separate part for each leg.", so I guess that includes leggings &I'm not gonna give THOSE up

Sara Jessica
01-12-2016, 09:34 AM
This is pretty funny.

My counter-proposal...

Skirts and dresses are overrated for many occasions. Let's let women (and those in these pages) wear what they want, including pants, slacks, leggings, jeans, etc. If a CD'er wants to run around town overcooked for the occasion/time/place/event/weather/etc by wearing a dress, who am I to try and stop that person???

Just as who are you to say I cannot run around town in pants, slacks, leggings, jeans, etc?

Lilly Diadem
01-12-2016, 09:38 AM
I enjoy wearing my girl jeans as they are comfortable and sexy all at the same time :daydreaming:

Lilly x

Allison_CD
01-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Case proven.

Acastina
01-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Let's ban boxers! They're a sort of trousers, albeit with very short legs. Named either for followers of the Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists in ca. 1900 China or an alleged sport in which two large men attempt to concuss each other's brains, they seem to be an altogether useless article of attire, a ghastly garment.

Proper underpants have only openings for one's legs, not legs themselves. And they should be of silky fabrics, perhaps trimmed with lace, and in perky colors.

I've seen men wearing silky boxers in public. They're quite tall and seem to enjoy flinging a large round ball into baskets mounted on poles.

Kristyn, I think your photograph proves Allison's point. Those ladies don't look happy, now, do they? Put 'em in skirts and watch the smiles break out...

Tracii G
01-12-2016, 02:40 PM
I don't see this thread lasting very much longer.
Wear whatever you want but don't tell people what they HAVE to wear.

Katey888
01-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome.

Allison - are you seriously accusing the active forum members of groupthink and therefore desiring harmony..??? :eek: Hardly, in my history here, have I encountered a broader group with a wider range of very strong opinions...

Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

But nobody's actually making any sort of decision here - it's just opinions, dear... those individualistic brain-farts that emerge as beliefs and that we're all entitled to... :) and if anyone seems to be 'suppressing dissenting viewpoints', it's you...

Case proven.

Hardly...?? Look, I rarely wear trews or jeans (but I think wearing to blend or just because you like to is totally valid) but to make a point I feel a picture is worth a few hundred words at least - I know these are jeans, but I don't think I'm looking too manly here...

...and certainly not feeling it... :battingeyelashes:

The one thing I have learned in time here is how diverse are our tastes, styles, environments and desires... and long may that be so... :)

Katey x

reb.femme
01-12-2016, 03:24 PM
I'll break the code. Are you looking forward to Hallowe'en this year Allison? You can be a bitter old witch :straightface:.

Greenie
01-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Little did you all know, I didn't join this forum to support my husband. I did it to get support for myself. I am a female crossdresser.

Which according to many sentiments about jeans here means I have an affliction that needs to be cured. Hopefully my husband will accept me and the fact that I wear jeans.

NOW THAT seems backwards. ;)

Laurana
01-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Case proven.

A lot of words yet not one thing is said. You made a statement and people countered that statement. Those counter statements weren't to your liking so now you're trying to distract with some psychological babble in order to make yourself look smart.

I'm beginning to think this has something to do with another of your threads where you accused members of complimenting someone just so they could seek favor with that person. Or rather I think it goes beyond that. Did no one compliment you? Did no one say how pretty you were? *shrug* Oh well.

Meghan4now
01-12-2016, 04:31 PM
I say, let's stop feeding the troll, it's getting what it wants, anger and negativity. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.

Laurana
01-12-2016, 04:33 PM
I say, let's stop feeding the troll, it's getting what it wants, anger and negativity. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.

You mean the one where the old man tries to kill his mostly robotic right hand mans son with lightening that comes out of his fingers?:)

Sandie70
01-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Hummm... I have to agree that trousers should not be worn by us ladies.

Personally, I prefer the dresses I have in my wardrobe... a good portion of which are long, skinny dresses where two of them have been sewn together at the crotch. I call these Drowsers.

Yes, no where will you find those dreadful men's things called trousers in my closet.

Allison_CD
01-12-2016, 04:45 PM
What a wonderful debate. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.

Lily Catherine
01-12-2016, 05:49 PM
You want the freedom to dress however you want but won't afford others this selfsame liberty? While it warrants acknowledgement that many of us as CDs choose skirts over trousers, to put a ban on trousers on women is no different from the implicit general ban against skirts (discounting kilts and sarongs) that we all 'violated' by virtue of this choice.

Stephanie47
01-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Did you ever see June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson wear pants or trousers or whatever you want to call two legged outer garments. Nope. Never. Personally if I'm ever going to be caught dead in female attire it's going to be in a nice tasteful dress, heels and hosiery. If a female is going to wear "pants" that's OK with me as long as the view stirs me...I see some pretty hot looking women with very nice to look at assets at the mall and elsewhere.

The only real exception I can think of for women to wear "pants" is to ride horses and provide buffalo meat for the table. Riding side saddle in a dress would be awkward when hunting buffalo.

Judith96a
01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
If wearing slacks / leggings / jeans (skinny or whatever) or any other form of "trousers" floats your "cross dressing boat" then that's fine. Go for it! As for me, I can't see the point in wearing any form of 'trousers' on any of the few days that I have the opportunity to wear a dress or a skirt.
Whatever makes you happy!

Allison_CD
01-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Just occured to me that a lot of "Lesbians" wear trousers. Nothing wrong with Lesbians or trousers,
I hasten to add, just I dont want to be mistaken for either.

tbryant2k16
01-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Did you ever see June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson wear pants or trousers or whatever you want to call two legged outer garments. Nope. Never. Personally if I'm ever going to be caught dead in female attire it's going to be in a nice tasteful dress, heels and hosiery. If a female is going to wear "pants" that's OK with me as long as the view stirs me...I see some pretty hot looking women with very nice to look at assets at the mall and elsewhere.

The only real exception I can think of for women to wear "pants" is to ride horses and provide buffalo meat for the table. Riding side saddle in a dress would be awkward when hunting buffalo.

Your also referring to TV characters from the 50's and 60's, and that was common apparel for that era. Times and fashions change, in today's world women wear pants just as normal clothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong for women and crossdressers to wear pants.

Anne K
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Oh Allison, can't you appreciate a nice pair of trousers with nice heels? Look at Tracii G! Lighten up......

NicoleScott
01-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Q. Is pants singular or plural?
A. Singular at the top, plural at the bottom.

OK. Seriously.
Trousers just don't do it for me. Skirts excite me. When I see a pretty one, I pant. If it's really short, I pant again.

And that's a pair of pants.......

tbryant2k16
01-12-2016, 08:03 PM
By saying women should not wear pants, isn't that essentially forcing a fashion norm on someone. That's just like saying men should not wear skirts!!

Tracii G
01-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I think she is trying to start an argument honestly by posting something like this.

Princess Chantal
01-12-2016, 08:30 PM
For the record, Allison never said women should not wear trousers/pants.

sometimes_miss
01-13-2016, 01:57 AM
Sorry, but this is rather narrow-minded. Clothes should match the occasion.
^this. The possibility that skirts are attire that can cover all things, is nuts.

Hell on Heels
01-13-2016, 02:40 AM
My SO wears pants suits to work all the time, she's either a CDer or a lesbian I guess!
This whole idea that pants are men's clothing is so F'ing stupid thinking.
Clothing designers spend bank on designing trousers for women!
Do you not get out much? I propose that you get out of your house, take a drive to town, and find yourself a comfortable seat in a busy area. Open your eyes and count how many women you see in skirts, or dresses, and how many are wearing pants.

And Chantal, you have good point, maybe Allison wants a complete ban on trousers?
Men's wear included ! That would make more sense on a crossdresser's forum I guess.
Can you believe these ridiculous looking CDing lesbians would be seen in public?

Princess Chantal
01-13-2016, 03:50 AM
Haha you got my point! Thought for sure no one would have without me spelling it out LoL

Katey888
01-13-2016, 05:51 AM
...You'll all be kept in at playtime...

Until the next time... :)

Thread closed

Katey