PDA

View Full Version : semi-purge

kinkyboots
01-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm getting ready for a semi-purge, but before I get to that I've got a little back story:
A few weeks ago, me an my wife are joking about my dressing again back and forth; and on several occasions let her know that I wanted to go to the second hand shops again, and she said: "I know what you want to look at" teasingly. Anyway the fog built up, when we didn't go, and didn't go.
I asked her if I could shop on ebay for "pretty" things. she said that's fine; so I did and I bought lots of things that I didn't have at this point: cup sizers, full length dress, new matte back 2 inch heels and some other things.
I messed up though and showed her what I was getting and that was my mistake. We can talk about issues, I can under dress a little around her, we even might do makeup on each other, but I knew she didn't like seeing me fully dressed or what my clothes are.
Anyway this caused a lot of strife, we got it worked out after some sleepless nights and I promised not to show her those things again, as I'm still looking for my own "balance" of where I sit.
On a business trip out of town this weekend, I smuggled all of my new things and some of my old to have a weekend dressed when in the hotel room. note this would be the first time I been able to get fully dressed in a year and a half. I cycled though different out fit combos, found I'm not really a dress, heel shoe, or breast form type of person, I love them but it just doesn't do it for me. I still love the leggings, waist sincher, boy-cut panties, cami tops and others related things, but I think the rest has to go: skirts, dresses, shoes, bras, and the like.
So I'm not shutting down, I'm just narrowing down my "spot" where I feel right. I don't think I'm anything more than an under dresser at this point in my life; and that okay with me.

Meghan4now
01-12-2016, 10:57 AM
A.

Well, sounds like good communication with your wife, and nice to find your balance. Good post for those that are searching. Nice to affirm those that are trying to define their boundries. Not everyone has to "do it all". A one topping pizza just might hit the spot!

Katey888
01-12-2016, 12:16 PM
I think tailoring your wardrobe <groan> to what you want is absolutely the right thing to do.. :cheer:

Since I've been going out and having to 'walk the walk' it's interesting how some of my higher and less comfortable heels have found their way to charity... (but not all - strangely one of my tallest pair of heels is also the most comfortable... :confused:) and the higher hemline skirts too...

Development in any direction is a good thing, especially if it's keeping you (and the wife!) happy. :)

Katey x