PDA

View Full Version : Depressed!

Tara Rushing
01-13-2016, 08:13 PM
I finally shaved my beard today that I had had since the first of September, had 6 hours to myself to dress, got all dressed up, took about 100 pics, lounged around the house en femme and looked at my pics and deleted all but 10 of them. The 10 I kept were pretty darn good!!! (all relative of course, good for me, maybe not some of our beautiful members). Then I got out of my girl clothes, took off my makeup, and came back and cropped my pics that I kept so when I posted them here you wouldn't have to look at the shampoo bottle, ect.....then IT HAPPENED!!! Somehow my dumb ass deleted the 10 photos!!! No pics at all of my day of dressing!!! The horror!!!

Having a beer right now to try to drink away the misery!!!!

heatherdress
01-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Tara - Don't worry about the pictures. Seems like you had a great day and must have looked terrific. That's what is important. You can always take more pictures.

TaraGrace
01-13-2016, 08:18 PM
no worries.. there's several tools out there for you to recover lost photo's on a computer.

some are free, some can run up a tab.. but it you want to find them back you can.

Just don't put any new data on the pc (or at least not piles of it) and some of that will that up the space occupied by your photo's.

Deleted items are never really gone.. your PC is simply told to not look there untill something new is put in it's place.

Tara Rushing
01-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Thanks, Heather. I did have a very fun day. I enjoyed myself immensely. I am about convinced that I look good enough to go out to Target or the mall, of course the voice is another issue...

Tara, it was on my iphone. Here is what happened: I took the pics, they were in my "camera roll". I deleted the 90 bad and so-so pics. They ended up the the "recently deleted" folder. So far so good. I go to "recently deleted" and permanently deleted them to cover my tracks (I am "in the closet"). The remaining 10 "good pics" were still in my "camera roll" folder. I opened it and cropped the pics. I closed the pics went to do something, came back and opened my phone, and I noticed the "selfie" folder had my "en femme" pics in it. I am not quite sure why my Iphone moved them, but I assumed they were copies and the original was still in my "camera roll" so I deleted the "selfies" ASSUMING (and my error) that they were still in the "camera roll" folder as originals. Wrong! Now the part I don't understand is that when I deleted them in the "selfie" folder why did they not end up in the "recently deleted" folder where I could recover them? Still don't know the answer to that even after 20 minutes of googling.....

TaraGrace
01-13-2016, 09:02 PM
oh sorry hun.. Apple is not really my speciality, had an iphone once, never again.

Of what I remember ; iphone (or atleast my iphone 4 at the time) does this annoying thing by making pointers.. so indeed you'd end up with same photo's in multiple folders, but actually only using the space on your phone once.

I'm guessing you don't have your photo automaticly saving photo's to a cloud storage, or phone back up.. so I had a google, and there is recovery software for iphone.. although not free of charge as far as i can see.

If it is not a scam then logic would say apple also simply keeps data but removes the piece of code identifying the data as visible (as opposed to re-writing jibberish over that location of data)

same applies here though.. don't add data, as it possibly will overwrite a storage location that still contains your photos.

Tara Rushing
01-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Tara, thanks for looking. I appreciate the help. It's not really the end of the world.

TaraGrace
01-13-2016, 09:14 PM
ok hun, couldn't resist.. such a cute first name :daydreaming: hihi

OH.. here's one last suggestion for the future.. get a free dropbox account (as it's one of the easier systems).
use it to push the photo's you want to your virtual dropbox, and then simply delete them of your phone.
Open it up from any device you want, when you want and keep your camera folder clean.
As well as being super handy to switch between computer/phone/etc.

Meghan4now
01-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Aw, too bad. On the bright side, you now have Another reason to repeat! And I'm sure they were darling!

Tracii G
01-13-2016, 10:29 PM
The pics should be in your PC somewhere in a file.

MissTee
01-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Somehow my dumb ass deleted the 10 photos!!!

{Ahem} I resemble that remark. Probably taught you that trick, too.

The beer will help.

docrobbysherry
01-14-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm not a fan of photo pics. Altho in the hands of someone else, I've gotten a few excellent ones of Sherry that way.

But, nothing beats setting my camera on timer mode and on a surface for full length self photos. Shooting until I get the exact angle, pose, background, etc. I want!:daydreaming:

I delete the unusable photos off the card in my computer, then file the rest. I edit the best of those later. But, they can never be lost because the originals stay on my cards. I have A LOT of cards!:o

Judy-Somthing
01-14-2016, 12:24 AM
I love photos.

They can help you remember some great times in our lives.

I have polaroid pictures from 38 years ago and its so cool to remember how I looked.

I now back up my photos on two encrypted hard drives. I have lost some photos but now I'm more carful

Katey888
01-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Poor Tara! :hugs: Just make sure it's a lite beer...

I've been out all day in the past with a 35mm SLR happily snapping away only to find it had no film in at the end of the day... :( You just experienced the digital version...

Lessons learned - you'll have other times, but I know what it means when you feel you won't necessarily just get back that look...

Katey x

Tara Rushing
01-14-2016, 08:55 AM
The pics should be in your PC somewhere in a file.
They never made it to the PC....they were on my phone.....

I'm considering buying a small camera so I'll have a card to use in the computer. Right now I just take phone pics, delete the bad ones and email the good ones to myself and save on a 'secret" hard drive at my office.

Thanks for all the encouraging words...It really isn't that bad, I was just frustrated with myself and the phone. Without the beard I'll be able to dress more often now so in the words of Arnold...."I'll be back....."

Lori Kurtz
01-14-2016, 09:28 AM
There is a good news side to this story: you have no choice--you're going to have to dress up again and take some more photos.

jenniferinsf
01-14-2016, 10:06 AM
lori....you are so right

it is just an opportunity to dress again and retake the 10 photos you deleted...this time without the shampoo bottle in the picture

looking forward to seeing them

Secret Drawer
01-14-2016, 10:12 AM
It has been my experience that when you delete a photo from any folder in your I-phone it deletes it from all the folders in your I-phone automatically. Also be wary of the I-cloud thing if you aren't already! Suddenly your images may "magically" appear on a networked I device, which is very easy to accidentally allow to happen.
At least you get to do a do over...

Tara Rushing
01-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Yes, I turned off iCloud long ago....

TaraGrace
01-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Tara,

i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links, but perhaps this might fit your needs..

memory stick that attaches to your phone, so no need to get an extra camera..
one side to click on your click, the other side when inserting into your pc as a memory stick.

I use something similar on my android devices, just google 'i-flash disk" for instance.

CallmeAlice
01-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Ouch, I've had that problem before. Know how it feel :sad:

Rosemary+
01-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Tara
Sorry you deleted,
I took my first photos last weekend and I somehow did the same thing. Can't find them anywhere!
An excuse to take some more this weekend
Rosie

kelliT
01-14-2016, 06:06 PM
I take videos instead. Take screen shots of the good parts in the video. So much easier finding the right shot. I would love someday for someone else to take them

Alice Torn
01-14-2016, 06:19 PM
One good thing: You did not accidentally post the pics all over the web!!

Tara Rushing
01-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Alice Torn,
This is true! With the way Facebook and everything has such easy access to the phones, one wrong tap and a person could be "out" in a hurry!

Tara, thanks again for the iflashdrive idea. You are a doll.....and luv, luv, luv the name!!!!