PDA

View Full Version : Something amused me during my hospital stay

Brandie.n
01-13-2016, 11:27 PM
A few days ago i had to be rushed to the hospital because i was having a heart attack.I got transferred to another hospital for immediate surgery.(A stint was put in my major artery was clogged and gave me a heart attack.)when i was in my hospital gown it came to my knees and tied on the side.It reminded me of wearing a dress when i was allowed to walk around i walked like i was wearing one of my dresses.When i sat down i tucked the gown like a dress and kept my knees together got in and out of bed like i was in a dress i did all of this out of habit.I dint even realize i was doing this until one of the nurses gave me one of those knowing looks.When i realized what i was doing i started laffing to myself and though crossdressing pays off again.:heehee:

heatherdress
01-13-2016, 11:37 PM
Brandie - So sorry you had a heart attack. I hope all is well and appreciate your humor.

MissTee
01-13-2016, 11:52 PM
You should do well in recovery. You had a heart attack and your mind turns to the good times in a dress. That bright side thinking will serve you well. Thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery!

Robin414
01-13-2016, 11:57 PM
OK, seriously, heart attack, I'm sincerely glad you're here writing this thread Brandie!

I get to go for a check up every 6 months myself to a rather 'grimm' but nice place and I love being able to be 'me' with absolutely no one passing a negative look...it's actually a confidence booster! 😀

Brandie.n
01-14-2016, 12:20 AM
thanks all my sence of humor as gotten me threw allot.i am young to be having one im only 39

MindiB
01-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Brandie I can totally see were your coming from. I have a non curable cancer that I been living with for 8 years now and HUMOR is everything.

bridget thronton
01-14-2016, 02:25 AM
I hope your recovery goes well

BLUE ORCHID
01-14-2016, 06:58 AM
Hi Brandi:hugs:, It's been said that Laughter is the best Medicine. ~~...:daydreaming:...

CarlaWestin
01-14-2016, 07:46 AM
...........When i realized what i was doing i started laffing to myself........... crossdressing pays off again.:heehee:

I'm glad to hear that they zeroed in on the issue and corrected it. May you have a speedy recovery.
Keep up the laughter.
Oh, and isn't funny how CD skills manifest themselves in daily situations!

Brandie.n
01-14-2016, 11:53 AM
thanks all i believe in the healing power of laughter!!!
I never noticed my cd skills manifesting in my day to day life until that day.

Allison Chaynes
01-19-2016, 01:19 AM
First off, thank God it is only requiring a stent! Bypass surgery sucks!

When I did cardiac rehab a little over a year ago, I appeared nervous to the hot nurse who was waiting for me to pit on the monitor. I was trying to make sure that as I put it on, I did not accidentally expose my lace waistband to her. She casually asked me if I needed help, and not to be embarassed, be ause she had already seen me in the hospital wearing a "dress."

Brandie.n
01-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks everybody for the well wishes.Allison i have to do the rehab but i have no idea what it is

Jennifer in CO
01-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Brandie, glad your on the recovery side. I too had the same thing happen 3 months ago. They stint you through the wrist or groin?

cdrachael
01-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I got attacked by a magpie while riding my bicycle. Magpies in Australia when in season are angry birds and attack everyone. Anyway I came off my bike and hit a tree with my shoulder and was in much pain. A witness stopped and called the ambulance. I was fine but had to sit in the ambulance for the paramedics to check my shoulder wasn't broken. Problem was I had a sports bra on under my riding shirt, so as I removed my shirt I said, don't laugh. To the credit of the paramedic he was professional and didn't say a word. More made a joke that I was wearing a black riding shirt the same colour as the magpie.
So have learnt these professionals at hospital and on road don't judge.

Brandie.n
01-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Brandie, glad your on the recovery side. I too had the same thing happen 3 months ago. They stint you through the wrist or groin?
they went threw my groin my artery was 97% clogged.havent been to rehab yet

MelanieAnne
01-19-2016, 12:09 PM
I got attacked by a magpie while riding my bicycle.

You should consider a career in standup comedy. :D

CallmeAlice
01-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Been there done that lol :heehee: