PDA

View Full Version : One small stumbling step

JanePeterson
01-15-2016, 05:17 PM
First session of electrolysis... 1 hour down, how many hundreds to go

Journey of a 1000 miles etc etc- just wish they had plane tickets instead of having to walk...

I must say, knowing that at least a few of those awful hairs are never coming back does satisfy me to an extent!!

pamela7
01-15-2016, 05:55 PM
on a scale of 1 to 10, how painful was it?

Jennifer-GWN
01-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Jane;

Think of it this way...one of my friends is on round 6(I think) of 6 straight hours with 2 people working in parallel (effectively 12 working hours at a time). On a mission. She's one strong girl. I'll stick to my 2 or 3 times a week for 90 minutes.

Cheers... Jennifer

JanePeterson
01-15-2016, 06:25 PM
Just the neck/throat today... 35% of tattoo pain- was looking forward to the end of my hour, but not desperate

Edit:
Sorry that's not a 1-10 answer... I'd call it a 3 or 4 with the occasional pinch into the 5 range... Afterwards I was pretty sore like bad razor burn... Still a bit red today. I can imagine how good it must feel to be DONE

debstar
01-16-2016, 04:42 AM
I guess how painful it is is different from person to person. But generaly as Jane pointed out, as it is the same with me, I can do the hour but am ready to stop at that point.

Also I hear that it is better pre HRT as the thickness of GM skin helps? Not sure.

A day later it is not noticeable but does feel like you have been sunburnt in the treated area. Day after that and it's all good.

dreamer_2.0
01-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Glad you got through it, Jane! Only 9,999,999 more hours to go! :P

Marcelle
01-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Hi Jane,

Congrats on your first session. Just curious any more oddity with the technician and you being male? (you had mentioned it was odd in a previous post).

Cheers

Marcelle

JanePeterson
01-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Actually, it was fine... She seems like a super nice person (most people out here are) which almost makes it worse In some ways. I think she legit believes that I'm just a normal Cis dude who doesn't like shaving, but either way don't care.

She did ferret out my specific role at work which could cause trouble with the rumor mill, but screw it.

Stumbling on!!

Jane

kiwidownunder
01-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Hi Jane
I started laser, 3 treatments in and its working great 1 or 2 more treatments and the dark hair will be gone
Then the pain really starts waxing all the grey hair then laser ouch!!!
Also back almost hairless now

Kiwi

MissDanielle
01-18-2016, 09:20 PM
if i understand LHR correctly, all the dark hairs will likely be killed off but the grey hairs won't?

kiwidownunder
01-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Hi Danielle
Yes that's correct and now with "ADENA" IPL light hair removal system you can remove grey or light hair by laser
My technician did a test spot and it seemed to work really well but PAINFUL!!!

Kiwi

MissDanielle
01-18-2016, 11:36 PM
I'll have to look into that and see if there's a groupon. The place I am going to uses Palomar Vectus laser.