PDA

View Full Version : Perfume

Lucy Lou
01-16-2016, 08:44 PM
I have to say that I find perfume absolutely wonderful. I always wear it while dressed and personally think it is an integral part of feeling feminine. I haven't fully dressed for a while, not because I don't want to but because I can't at the moment, but today I saw an old friend and she had the most wonderful Channel perfume on and it made me feel so jealous. I am going to get some because it smelled incredible and I want to smell that on me.

I don't know if anyone else feels that about perfume but it is the final bit that takes me to my female world.:o

Lucy Lou xx

kittie60
01-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Yes perfume is the finishing touch. I have.several different kinds but the 2 I use the most is.fire and ice or my Alfred sune sling.

laurenp245
01-16-2016, 09:35 PM
I absolutely agree with you Lucy! After getting all dressed up, nothing completes my outfit as much as a spritz of one of my favorite perfumes (Coach Love today). For me it's the ultimate feminine touch.

<3 Lauren

Lauri K
01-16-2016, 09:37 PM
I agree perfume is totally a finishing touch, my go to is Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Also love that when people get into my vehicle they say it smells so nice, I never comment back, but grin and say what a nice day it is

My wife says I smell better than she does, whoops I just smile and say thanks but you smell better to me

Dana44
01-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Ah, Channel number 5 and 24. I do remember well that scent that drove me crazy on my women. It is truly a truly wonderful scent that drives men crazy in desire.

Rachel Morley
01-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Absolutely ... last thing I do before I leave the house. My favorite (for a long time now) is Sung by Alfred Sung.

BLUE ORCHID
01-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Hi Lucy Lou:hugs:, White Shoulders is my favorite. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Robin414
01-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Scent IS the sense most closely connected to memory ☺ I love Honey by Marc Jacobs (comes in a bottle shaped like a bumble bee..go figure)

What's that smell? I'd say it's citrus, watermelon, and a touch of OMG that is sooo femme! 😀

lingerieLiz
01-16-2016, 11:52 PM
I've worn perfume in the past. One day I had on a popular perfume at work. As I walked through finance one of the women in a cubical loudly said who has White Shoulders on? I love it. Luckily I was walking out and it was not connected to me. So be careful when you wear it.

Jenny22
01-17-2016, 02:15 AM
I don't wear perfume or cologne, but would love to. I'm concerned about the wonderful odors being attributed to me, should I ever go out among 'em, or even in drab when in the neighborhood. Is there a way to really get rid of the odors?

sometimes_miss
01-17-2016, 02:29 AM
It's amazing how scent will bring on memories from so long ago. I went out with a woman in 1975; she wore something by Avon called 'Occur'. They hadn't made it in decades, apparently. Ebay had NOS, I bought one. Sealed as it was, probably out of heat, it smelled exactly as I remembered. Still keep that bottle for fond memories of her.

Sandie70
01-17-2016, 02:38 AM
Ah, for the moment it's White Diamonds. Sometimes I even spray a bit on my pillows for beautiful dreams.

Princess Ludwyna
01-17-2016, 03:08 AM
I totallt agree. Perfume is the finishing touch. And it's a journey to find one that fits our personality.

SHY KIM
01-17-2016, 03:12 AM
Lucy Lou I agree 100% with you! It really is the finishing touch. Funny, because in drab I find very few scents that I enjoy or notice.
En femme however, the scent is essential.
Funny how much we change from one self to the other

Michelle Girl
01-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Hi Lucy,

I am with you on this. Perfume is an exquisite addition to whole effect, when dressed. I frequently wear a little perfume when in drab, too. It provides a constant connection to the "woman inside", especially welcome when I have to wear male business clothes which I can hardly bear to have on.

Almost always Chanel no. 5, EDP. Expensive but lasts long, so worth it. I always carry it in the car. A subtle splash on a jumper or scarf makes it go further and makes those garments a pleasure to wear. Got to be subtle with it, though!

Love, Michelle

TaraGrace
01-17-2016, 06:25 AM
@LingerieLiz - yep, what you said! my SO for instance will be able to recognise any scent on anyone and a lot of her friends can too. So warning to some of you, just because many of us can't tell the difference between nice and nice doesn't mean others can't ;)

@Sometimes_miss - wow, now that's truely priceless, thanks for sharing!

@Robin414 - Honey by Marc Jacobs is a winner for me too :)

Carole
01-17-2016, 06:35 AM
Lucy Lou, I should try a spray of it in your local drug store first as it doesn't always smell the same on another person as it did when you first experienced it.

MarciManseau
01-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Always be sure you're not wearing too much also, especially during the day. A very strong scent can offend some people and have an allergic reaction in others.

Also try lightly spraying your lingerie drawer, or use a pretty smelling sachet.

paintmepink
01-17-2016, 12:47 PM
I use to wear coconut body butter. Use to.

CONSUELO
01-17-2016, 04:01 PM
I wear it always.

Katie Louise
01-17-2016, 06:41 PM
I've been wearing perfume in drab lately. No one has said anything. Right now it's Black Fluid by Lady Gaga. Black orchid with vanilla notes. Reminds me that I don't have to be masculine, because there's a girl inside.

MichelleDevon
01-18-2016, 09:18 AM
Perfume? mmmmmmm....yes!

Not the final piece of the jigsaw for me - that is my hair. But perfume is definitely up there as a vital cog in the wheel of going out as Michelle. I tend not to wear perfume if I am just "at home" - not least because my wife doesn't like most of my preferred scents!

I have two that I mostly only use when I am going out as Michelle - CK Euphoria (my fave) and Armani Code ("her indoors" dislikes both!!). I have three others that I use frequently, often on a "normal" day when I am Stephen - they are Ellen Tracy, Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose and Body Shop's coconut range.

I am fortunate in having GG work colleagues who know about Michelle and we often chat and perfumes and smell what we are each wearing - one of them regularly wears Euphoria so she always gets nice comments from me (like today), she also loves my Ellen Tracy. I do sometimes get told off because I have gone a bit over the top with the spray!!!

Sometimes I even wear a male aftershave!!! I also "borrow" my wife's Cherry Blossom from L'Occitane - it's a lovely fresh scent (have my own roll-on scent but use her shower gel and body lotion for maximum effect!)

It's lovely to know you smell nice....

Michelle
xxx

Tracii G
01-18-2016, 12:21 PM
ULTA has a bunch of nice scents and I always browse that section first.
One body spray I use a lot is ULTA's Water Blossom. Kind of citrus in a way but not overbearing or too flowery.
You do need to understand just because you like a fragrance on someone it doesn't mean its going to smell good on you.Everybody is different.

arial
01-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Chanel Coco, Donna Karan Cashmere, or Lancome Tresor. Depends on the mood and season. Always the finishing touch...

Beverley Sims
01-18-2016, 12:29 PM
What you think of a nice perfume it does not always radiate from you and others may not get the same lift from it as you do.

mechamoose
01-18-2016, 12:31 PM
You know, perfume is something I have never chased. The only scent I have ever worn is something called 'Satyr Oil'.

Hmm. interesting blind spot.

- MM

Melissa B
01-18-2016, 02:55 PM
I have occasionally used perfume, lightly dabbed in the right locations so that I can get an occasional glance of the scent as I work through my day dressed in male drab while underdressed. It exciting.

mechamoose
01-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Scents like 'Flower Bomb' are not exactly subtle. I know the idea of a 'wistful scent' is desirable. Whatever our intentions are, our pheromones/hormones give us away. if what you are relying on is scent, THAT thing doesn't smell the same on us as they do on them, and we can't help that.

Chemistry, yo.

- MM

TaraGrace
01-18-2016, 07:50 PM
..doesn't smell the same on us as they do on them, and we can't help that.

yes and no.. if you are lucky to have no/very light scent of your own (so masking is not the issue) but still have a scent not giving the results you hope for on your body (because chemistry indeed is different on all)..

Why not try your scent of choise on clothing parts like a collar (the outside, not the side touching your body).
Fair enough it won't always give the result you might want, but it might be an acceptable alternative.
(and test it first on paper to see if it stains)

Or, if you're looking for just a hint.. spray some on your brush and run it through your hair.

x Tara

Jennifer in CO
01-18-2016, 10:32 PM
my favorite was Patchouli...but we're talking the late 70's early 80's here....

Annette_boy
01-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Hi All

Like Sandie White Diamonds does it for me. I am lucky to be full time and not have to worry about being given away any more.

Hugs Annette.

S. Lisa Smith
01-18-2016, 11:35 PM
I love perfume!!!!! Channel No. 5!!

Ceera
01-19-2016, 12:47 AM
I just commented today to my daughter that I've gone out so much as Ceera the past few weeks that both of my winter coats as well as my denim jacket are scented with Ceera's favorite perfume. :)

My preferred perfume right now is "Daisy Dream", by Marc Jacobs. A light floral scent that always gets complements, from both genders, when I wear it as Ceera. It was recommended to me by a sales lady at Macy's, when I said I wanted a light floral scent, like cherry or lilac.

Jocee
01-19-2016, 03:34 PM
I couldn't agree more.... It's become my personal form of "statement" no matter what mode I am dressed in...... I actually now wear Donna Karan's Black Cashmere (available on her website or NYC boutique) on during the work week, and Robert Piguet's Fracas on the weekends. Black Cashmere is, as the name suggests, dark incense woodsy which dries down really subtle, while Fracas is a knock-them-in-the-head tuberose (like Michael from Michael Kors)

Samantha_Smile
01-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Perfume is my absolute favorite finishing touch.
I dont feel complete without it.

My faves include A very reasonable Avon scent called Far Away with is heavy on vanilla with floral undertones.
Britney Spears Fantasy (the pink bottle one) is along the same lines but not as musky (or long lasting)