PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to a crossdressing conference or convention?

S. Lisa Smith
01-18-2016, 10:35 PM
I'd love to hear which conferences you have been to and if you enjoyed them!!! I have been to two. I went to Fantasia Fair in Providencetown Mass. and to the Keystone Convention. Both were amazing!! I couldn't stay at FF that long, I actually only went for one session and a dinner. It was my first experience with a conference and it was a lot of fun. I was able to spend more time at Keystone (it's easier for me to drive to for me) and I met a lot of ladies that I am still in contact with. A few of them are on this site. Keystone has just opened registration.

I have listed Keystone's site in the upcoming events thread, so go take a look. If you are planning to go, leave a message here. If you don't have rooms yet, PM me.

Rogina B
01-18-2016, 10:47 PM
First Event starts on Wed in Waltham Mass..I enjoy seeing friends and listening to the surgeons speak of the latest and greatest.. Something for everyone at these events.

Brandy Mathews
01-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Yes,
Used to go to the "Be-All" in Chicago years ago. They held conferences, had luncheons, formal dinners, really loved them. Could get makeup done by professionals, photos, get nails done. Went shopping in Chicago, went out to clubs at nite, danced, had so much fun. Would really like to go again sometime. For those ladies that have never been out in public before, these are a perfect way to get started. It is an amazing time.
Hugs,
Bree :)

sara.rafaela
01-18-2016, 11:22 PM
I went to Divas Las Vegas Last year. I had a great time. I am returning this year.

Sara Jessica
01-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Diva Las Vegas, "A Vacation, not a Convention" !!!

:)

http://divalas.vegas

Jackie7
01-19-2016, 09:58 AM
hi Lisa, nice to see you again. Yes, we met last year at Keystone, my wife and I were only there for a day and haven't decided whether to return this year. it had been 15 years since I last attended events like Keystone ( FF and First Event for me), I was quite surprised by the huge emphasis on transitioning and surgery, not my journey, so I'll need to look closely at what else is on the program.

CallmeAlice
01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
I have not since there are none in my area :c

Jodi
01-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Been to Lake Erie Gala for 15 years. Had to miss the last 2 years due to schedule conflict. Went to Chicago Be-All once. Lake Eire Gala is fun and much smaller and less expensive than some of the larger ones.

Be-All was a lot of fun as Bree stated in her post, but was significantly more expensive. Sadly, the Be-All planning committee burned out a few years ago, and no one picked it up.

jodi

docrobbysherry
01-19-2016, 01:27 PM
5 SCC's when they were in Atlanta. They were seminal to my coming out of the closet and meeting other dressers of all ilks.

However, these days I prefer the DLV and Wildside Vegas gatherings. I can drive there and not have to stress about getting everything in 2 bags under 50 pounds!:doh:

No info or presentations regarding key T issues at these. Just makeovers, meeting old and new T friends, a lot of being out amongst the Muggles, and partying!:drink:

Cd_scarlett
01-19-2016, 01:34 PM
I am thinking about attending the Diva in Las Vegas this year. I was signed up last year and I wussed out at the very last minute. Everyone seems to have a great time there...

sara.rafaela
01-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi Scarlett, I would say go this year. You will enjoy it.

Nancy Sue
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
I attended The Raven, in New Hope, PA, last April. This is a "week-end event", not a conference - and they generally do it every other month. (#29 in coming up soon.) Some events are at The Raven Tavern, others at the Ramada close by, others in downtown New Hope (a little burg). They do not have classes and such, but they have dinners, socializing and dancing, a piano bar, and other fun events. People were friendly, and the whole city embraces the community. I shared a room with another lady, and we attended a Kreshkin performance in The Jazz Room. I live on the other coast, but plan to attend a couple this year.

Cd_scarlett
01-19-2016, 02:03 PM
I think I will go this year. :o

larry
01-19-2016, 05:32 PM
I went to FF a couple years age. It was terrible for me personally. I am a beginning crossdresser and hoped to meet some othersand learn a lot. It seemed to me that everyone was of the opinion that a person needed to be headed for transition or they were not appreciated..I know --not what I should say but that is what I felt.

S. Lisa Smith
01-19-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry you didn't have fun at FF. I think you might enjoy Keystone. There is transition stuff, but I didn't feel that I, as "just" a crossdresser was ignored or unappreciated. I learned a ton.

Tina81
02-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Has anyone ever gone to a CD meeting, outings, (hosted at a hotel)? What was your first experience like in attending?

BrynP
02-09-2016, 03:17 PM
I did at a house meeting for CD and T-Girls. I dressed there and had some fun, lots of single guys just watching others and talking.

DeeArel
02-09-2016, 03:33 PM
I have not gone to one at a hotel. However, I have been to several meetings, nights out, socials, and lunches in various cities around the USA. I grab every opportunity that I can to attend and have had a great experience at all of them.

Sarasometimes
02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I have not been and i don't have an interest in going at this time. I may be missing something, but I just don't desire to be cross dressed around other crossdressing men. I'd rather spend that time around GG's and just out.

mykell
02-09-2016, 04:24 PM
hi tina, i atttend pflag meetings dressed both ways, family friends and felt comfortable, just started my own meet-up, "jersey shore transgender SURF" meetup group and have joined some other meet-ups as well with the premise of having outings and meetings, when finances allow i would love to join some other girls at one of the big trans gatherings in PA or motor city say that are held in hotels with scheduled activities......when folks share the pictures from those events everyone looks so good and seem to be having so much fun....

reb.femme
02-09-2016, 04:54 PM
I go to my local group once a month that is held in a local pub and myself and Katey888 did go to Pink Punters in 'sunny' Milton Keynes, a couple of months back.

To be totally honest, the first couple of times I went it was a bit lack-lustre, but a new girl took over and it has been miles better. Just a general get together for local Trans people of all persuasions (call it what you will), much merriment on the alcohol front and a great environment supported by the landlady and her family. It really has become a night for lighthearted abuse and fun with a good age spread too. I also received my first christmas cards as Rebecca this year, which was absolutely brilliant.

You only need try a local group once. If it isn't your cup of tea, don't go again. I'm glad I persevered with my group, because it has developed beyond all recognition thanks to Patricia, the group lead.:)

Becky

taylormercedes
02-09-2016, 05:16 PM
I've looked into a couple meeting groups and outings around me. From what it looks like to me as an outsider to these groups, it seems like these groups are geared toward older gals and not a lot of younger gurls attend.

Sometimes Steffi
02-09-2016, 10:56 PM
The last couple of times I went out with my local CD group, we had 70 to 80 girls at a hotel. It started with 20 to 15 girls at a house, but we obviously outgrew that.

so I hope I don't upset Dr Seuss with my "One fish, two fish" parody.

Big groups, small groups, hotels, restaurants, movies, shopping, makeovers outdoor craft shows.

I've also been going to a GGs clothing swap, usually meeing a couple of other CDs, where the CD population was typically between 1% and 5% of about 100 participants.

Heidi Stevens
02-09-2016, 11:16 PM
I had the pleasure of attending my first big gathering last fall at the Erie Gala. I had a blast! It is a bit smaller in size ( 125 attending ) and every one was friendly and helpful.
Now I'm stepping up to the big leagues and headed to Keystone. Several hundred ladies, but if they are just half as nice as the Erie girls were, I hope to have 5 days of fun! What a great way to celebrate your 60th birthday!

Robin414
02-09-2016, 11:24 PM
I've never been to one but thinking about it, sounds like attending one might be an absolute blast!

Adriana Moretti
02-10-2016, 02:08 AM
I have been to a few...
I attended First Event Twice ( had a blast) that so far has been my favorite one...it has it all...the info, the support, the nightlife, a great hotel etc.......

I attended Keystone Conference ...ehhh...it was ok...not my cup of tea, but STILL a great conference if you are looking for information and support on your situation Keystone is loaded...it just diddnt pack a punch when it came to nightlife,and it was kind of boring and a little dated... ..but dont let my opinon stop you, it still is a great conference, just not my style..may head back this year...but if i missed it..ehh...

The Raven events are Off the charts if you catch the right ones, the spring, summer, and fall ones are all good.

And although not a convention too Samantha Rogers Detroit TG Invasions are a ball of fun !!!!

Femme Fevers Parties In NY are all fun, and a great spot to get out if you are deep in a closet, or just getting your feet wet.

Tiffany Leighs in CT are legendary...

I heard from friends SCC was ehhhh...and went downhill at its new location cause there is no place to go and you are stuck in one hotel ( to some i guess thats a good thing)

Only one I havent hit thats on the bucket list is Viva Wildside in Vegas, I would LOVE to hit that !! Its a week long party ...rumor has it that event was started because a group of girls were kicked out of "Divas Las Vegas " for being too wild "in vegas...really??"....so they started their own event which now gets over 300 girls !! Here is the info on widside...and if you are rich , send some money to me so i can go cause this trip is serious bread , and I estimate my bar tab around 1500...and i diddnt even get on a plane or book a hotel yet !!!!! http://www.wildsidetg.com/

So i guess you can tell the difference between Divas, and Wildside LOL......but any actual conference is very good, it really depends on what you are going for and what you are trying to get out of it. Everyone is nice at those events, its always a good friendly and accepting crowd no matter what your situation is.. .

Ok...add pink punters in U.k to my bucket list ....I need to party with Katey one night...i gotta see that girl dance !!!! or sparkle in u.k....id do that too.....if i were a rich girl.....i

Mayo
02-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I'll be about an hour away from where Keystone is being held the day after it ends... :( I have little experience dressing and none with makeup, don't have much of a wardrobe, etc. etc. so I would feel really awkward, I'm sure. Maybe some day.

Brenda Freeman
02-10-2016, 03:32 PM
I attended my first Esprit in Port Angeles Washington in 2005 only went for 2 nights but had fun. Have been back every year since. Met so many people from all over a good growing experience every year! Also went to Div Las Vegas in 2014, had a lot of fun, fist time in Vegas too, am signed up for this year missed 2015!

Dana44
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
I am heading to Diva los Vegas this year. It is a vacation get together of all the girls that started it. I understand that over one hundred are going this year. It should be a blast.

docrobbysherry
02-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I've looked into a couple meeting groups and outings around me. From what it looks like to me as an outsider to these groups, it seems like these groups are geared toward older gals and not a lot of younger gurls attend.

U mite like Wildside, Taylor. A number of 20's girls were there last year. However, the average ages must be somewhere in their 40's.

And, DLV it's middle 50's.