PDA

View Full Version : Pick One

Donna Indelco
01-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Ok, I admit that I'm a cd/tv or whatever others may refer to us as. Personally, I am proud of who I am and just love the lifestyle. My question is are you proud or ashamed of who you are?

Lilly Diadem
01-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Now I know who (or what) I am and have been accepted by the most significant (other) person in my life I view myself maybe more as gifted rather than proud, but definitely not ashamed anymore.

Lilly x

Charlyne
01-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi Donna, Thanks for the question. I am older and am not "proud", but have accepted my enjoyment of crossdressing. It really helped to have shared my crossdressing with a good gg friend and with my now wife. I was ashamed when I was younger and I was trying to quit crossdressing.

Cd_scarlett
01-19-2016, 06:54 PM
No I am not. That's a long way from acceptance but I am glad I have this side of me and I strive to accept it more and more everyday

Laurana
01-19-2016, 07:05 PM
The question is wrong. It shouldn't be "who" but "what".

Who you are and what you are are two totally separate issues.

What you are is a CD/Trans....whatever.

Who you are is a deeper and more personal question.

So;

Am I proud of who I am? Yes. I've got no reason not to be.

Am I proud of what I am? Meh. I am what I am and that's all that I am.

Princess Chantal
01-19-2016, 07:08 PM
So proud of my crossdressing that I often wear this shirt (guy mode or gal mode) and hope that I am spotted as a crossdresser when dressed up pretty! In otherwords hope I don't "pass" when dressed enfemme as am proud to be looked at as a crossdresser having fun!

Sister Rachel
01-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Not any more. I don't make a big deal of being a crossdresser, but if anyone asks I'll tell them.

Charlyne
01-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Chantal, your answer is very refreshing. You have made me consider crossdressing differently....I think you have helped me. Thank you

TrishaTX
01-19-2016, 08:43 PM
I was ashamed for years.....now I am proud

threeheavenshigh
01-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Neither, but I do love being a CD.

S. Lisa Smith
01-19-2016, 09:01 PM
I am happy to be me!!!

BLUE ORCHID
01-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Hi Donna:hugs:, I totally enjoy having the best of both worlds. ~~...:daydreaming:...

donnaS
01-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Proudly proud!

sometimes_miss
01-19-2016, 09:10 PM
I have a vague feeling of deja vu. Oh well. No, I'm not proud to be a crossdresser. It's just what I am. Like being white, or male, or from a certain country; it doesn't tell you anything about who I am as a person, just what I'm made of and what mold I developed in. Shame? Not so much anymore. When I was a kid, yeah. But once I figured out it wasn't my fault, the shame gradually diminished to the point it's not there unless someone I really care about feels hurt about it. Kind of like when my wife found out, and was horrified at the idea. But I got over that, too.

gabriella1964
01-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Well let me add that im not proud of myself , its gonna take alot to actually come out and tell anyone in my family that i crossdress. My wife supports me all the way but as of yet ive only been out a few times as gabriella and that has been at parties with people i dont know. I hope that this summer i can go to the beach dressed as my fem.

Dana44
01-19-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm happy to be in male and or female. Best of both worlds.

Closeted Kat
01-19-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm still figuring out where I lie on the lines with my therapist, but I am willing to admit I am cd/tv if asked. I still need a lot of work to pull the look off, but i got time to practice.
-kat

bridget thronton
01-20-2016, 10:22 AM
I am pleased with the person I am (though I continue to evolve) - that includes the cd and tg part of me

Beverley Sims
01-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Neither one of the choices fit me, I just take it as it goes.

Been at it for too long to run an analysis on the condition. :-)

Nadine Robles
01-20-2016, 11:12 AM
It's a tricky question with no straight answer I think. I am proud of things I do and things I create. I don't consider that I could be proud of who or what I am, I am who I am and thats it. On the other hand, I've felt ashamed on occasions related or not to Cding, and that doesnt reflect at all what I think about myself overall.

Diversity
01-20-2016, 08:18 PM
I used to be ashamed. Now, I am not necessarily proud of who I am when it comes to being a crossdresser, but I am fine within myself that I am who I am. I feel stronger for it.
Di

flatlander_48
01-20-2016, 08:29 PM
D I:

Interesting question. Gaining on the Pride part, but I'm definitely Not Ashamed as I came out to just over 200 people back in October. Of that 200+, ~130 saw DeeAnn dressed and the rest saw a photo. I had The Discussion with my daughter and son, 7-8 close friends and my department manager.

DeeAnn

Tina Davis
01-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Neither yet, I have been very ashamed in the past and am still very hesitant to let anyone else know. It's part of me, though, so I am not ashamed of it nor am I proud of it. There's a fine line between the two, I agree.

Maria Strange
01-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Proud, it's others around me who are ashamed

kimberly c
01-21-2016, 12:59 PM
I love being a crossdresser, its part of me and i enjoy my feminine side. So yes im proud of the lifestyle.

Laura28
01-21-2016, 08:45 PM
After many years of being ashamed, and puttingfighting the urge, i stumbled upon this site one day and now i am proud of it and have made it a part of my life.

Lily Catherine
01-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Probably more like 'what' rather than 'who' I am.

I'm definitely not ashamed of what I am (a CDer) - I suppose I've accepted myself reluctantly with no regard to whether anyone else does. But I'm not proud either - it isn't anything that I truly take pride in nor display very openly. It doesn't become me nor represent me, and it isn't a big deal despite it being life changing.

CallmeAlice
01-21-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm not ashamed of crossdressing, not even close. But not fully proud of what I do.

Claire Cook
01-22-2016, 06:33 AM
Like others, I had years of shame and guilt. Now I am proud to be me, and proud of being able to wear the clothes that I like.

Raychel
01-22-2016, 06:58 AM
I cant really say one way or the other.
There was a long time that I was ashamed that I was a crossdresser.
Now I have grown to accept it, Not really proud of it.
but not ashamed anymore ether, it is just me.

Karen RHT
01-22-2016, 08:16 AM
No shame, but not exactly proud either. Content for the most part, and happily looking forward to continued growth and having many more adventures.

Karen

carrie001
01-22-2016, 11:23 AM
After I came out to my wife, I'm very proud of who I am. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life and except for a few extra pounds I REALLY like me.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG!! Where did you get that? Want!!

jenniferinsf
01-22-2016, 11:55 AM
I would not use proud, I am happy and definitely not ashamed

suzy1
01-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Being Suzy is the icing on the cake of life :)

joandher
01-22-2016, 04:03 PM
I am very proud that GOD made me this way 60 odd years ago it was illegal here in the UK to go out and about dressed fem, and i used to feel as if i was the only one on this earth, and felt very ashamed , but now I've had a wonderful life and thanks to the internet its very easy to go out dressed to the nines and enjoy myself and nobody cares, the younger generation have it so easy, and i am pleased for them

audreyinalbany
01-22-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't know as I can say I'm "Proud" of being a cd...I've gotten to the point where I'm "okay" with it...if my friends were to find out I would be embarrassed and therefore ashamed of it. I guess i simply accept it for what it is, a thing I do, not necessarily who I am

Annette_boy
01-22-2016, 04:40 PM
After years of shame and hiding I am Proud of who and what I am. I started dressing at age 5 (65 years ago) and during much of that time it was illeagal to crossdress or to be transgendered . Much better now . How ever I had much help from my wife while she lived and now that she has passed I have gone full time fem . I have finaly accepted myself and have been happy these last 10 years . Just wish that the wife were still here to share it with. I am Loud and Proud and will not go away.

Hugs Annette

chrissy111
01-22-2016, 04:57 PM
What I'm proud of is the fact that I'm a good husband and good provider for my family. That my wife accepts me for who I am. As for being Chris, I enjoy it and it's something that we share.

nikkiwindsor
01-22-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm proud of who I am and our entire community that perseveres for acceptance and understanding

Madilyn A.
02-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Can't say I'm proud to be a CD, it is just who I am. I do wish I was a female however.

Judy-Somthing
02-26-2016, 09:25 PM
I like myself, I don't like the uncomfortable feeling of having to hide it with most people, I do know a few guy people and they say "Go for it, enjoy your life"
Hiding it is not FUN, or is that part of the thrill of dressing up?

Chelsea B
02-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Now that I have come into bloom later in life, I am totally at peace with this aspect of me.
I'm not sure that having to hide it doesn't make it more enjoyable, but I'd prefer if my wife could be more approving. In fact, she has some resentment with the fact that I am so at peace, and I fully understand that. I've had a lifetime to come to terms. She's had 3 months after having a bombshell dropped on her.

LacieMarie
02-26-2016, 10:02 PM
I have been a cd for most of my life I started when I was 5. I look at It as who I am and I'm not ashamed of it. If someone I know sees me dressed up I would probably be shy and embarrassed at first but hey its who I am like it or not it's not going to stop me being happy becoming the woman I want to be

TrishaTX
02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
I am proud of who I am today but not always.....

Patty's panties
02-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Ashamed? No.
Proud of who I am????? I'm getting there.

Peace....

Lucey
02-26-2016, 11:24 PM
Can not say that I am proud of being a CDer. And over the years have spent most of my life battling the demons of right & wrong with the issue. :sad:

But in recent years have accepted and at this time period, I am comfortable with the fact that this is who I am.

My biggest regret now thinking back is why did I waste all of those years and time, just fighting with myself? When it all came down to one clear fact and that is I am a CDer and it was basically clear from the first times that I was attracted to women's clothing and enjoyed the feelings of being feminine at a early age.

StacyCD
02-26-2016, 11:39 PM
Like Lucey, I'm more 'comfortable' than proud about being a crossdresser. Also, I wish my acceptance of my femme side happened earlier.

SharonDenise
02-26-2016, 11:56 PM
I am neither proud or ashamed of being a cross dresser. I came out to my wife while we were still dating and she accepted and supported my cross dressing. However, for the 40 years that we were married it was only a secret between the two of us. I am not ashamed of cross dressing but I don't advertise it either. Since my wife's death I have become much more open and have joined a support group and this forum. I'm still not ready to march in any pride parades or tell my brothers.

Georgina
02-27-2016, 04:40 AM
I am not ashamed of who I am just because I like wearing female clothes.

trisha kobichenko
02-27-2016, 05:00 AM
neither, for me it is a fact of life for as long as I can remember. pride and/or shame has been an ebb and flow over many years, and many situations. But, since I came to realize that my feelings about events are totally under my control, my feeling about who I am is one of a decision to accept it, and feel OK.
Trish

LacieMarie
02-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I'm proud of who I am. I mean if you are ashamed of yourself for doing it why do it.
I mean is there not some kind of self control while doing it.
I do it not because I have to but because I want to and that's who I want to be in a since but regardless, if I felt so guilty and ashamed of myself for being me then why would I put myself in that situation.
Just my opinion with a little bit of question. I could be way out of context but I believe there is nothing out there but our own will and want, to be as feminine as we can. No need to be ashamed of who you are. Be your self be happy love yourself for who you really are.

This was just an opinion I hope I didn't offend anyone. It was not my intentions.

Mayo
02-29-2016, 09:13 AM
I accept and acknowledge that it is part of me and I'm not ashamed of that, but I am embarassed to be outed and feel a great deal of shame at the thought of being viewed as 'abnormal'. That is, I'm relatively happy with my own 'abnormalities', but not with the possibility that others might judge me for them (some more than others). Obviously I have some sort of issue with social (as opposed to self-) acceptance or conformity that I haven't yet worked through.

Krisi
02-29-2016, 09:31 AM
I don't see any reason to be either proud or ashamed any more than one would be proud or ashamed of being black or white, short or tall or male or female. We are what we are and didn't do anything special to be what we are.

Annamarie B
02-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Neither ashamed or proud, but secretly delighted to have this hidden outlet which brings me so much enjoyment and contentment. Always curious as to what my acquaintances would think if they knew!

Alice Torn
02-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Not proud, or haughty, but have been very ashamed by church, and society norms. Would be very embarrassed ig caught by family, or people who know me, though i have told a number of people, and most did not like it. I would have rather not een born with this compulsion, but i accept that i have this one. I t is also part of my creative, artistic side. I am a bit ashamed, because it means i will likely never marry or have a SO, in my 60's now. I have not talked with one single GG in my age range, who accepts transvestism in a man.