PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Admin and Transitioning!?!

rachael j.
01-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Quite a few of us are Mil veterans -- Are you aware that the VA will help with transitioning? Councilors and hormones. I just found out after going to a VA LGBT group meeting at the Boise VA. Awesome. I've been looking for a therapist that could refer me for hormones, expecting big money for the therapist and then big money for the OB/GYN Doctor and then again for the Meds. The VA takes care of all that. I now have a referral to the behavioral health clinic so I can get started with a therapist. We'll see which path to take after a few sessions. I am sooooo impressed with the VA and so very thankful I served and am eligible. :battingeyelashes:

JanePeterson
01-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Active duty on the other hand... Nada 😢

MarieTS
01-21-2016, 12:59 AM
That is real good news Rachel. I wonder if it is based upon availability, dpending upon the specific clinic/city you are at.
Hey, Jane... perhaps active duty can get off-post Tricare referals.

Mary Lee
01-22-2016, 04:05 PM
The Cleveland V.A. has a trans-gendered clinic. I get most everything except HRT. I have to quit smoking before I can get HRT. I have been smoking for over 55 years so to stop smoking is a real task. I have been diagnosed as being a transgender/transsexual. I told the V.A. that I identify as a female and with all that I can change my gender marker on my V.A. records any present as a female and use all the women facilities if I desire.

JanePeterson
01-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Seems like great motivation to quit smoking!!!

JenniferZ2009
01-23-2016, 07:42 AM
The VA in Seattle is great. They did my orchi there for free.