PDA

View Full Version : Beware of strokes and stroke symptoms

Rileyaz
01-22-2016, 01:30 AM
I was in the office this morning and my business partner started exhibiting the signs of a stroke. He had had one five years ago. Luckily I recognized it and had the staff call 911. The good news is that it wasn't a stroke. We still don't know what it is yet as they are still running tests. It could be a TIA.

I am writing this for two reasons: first, know the signs of a stroke and what to do. Second, know that this could happen to anyone including us. Understand if it does happen to you, you won't have time or be able to change your clothes before going to the E.R. Although I don't crossdress every day I do wear panties everyday. ( I know, same thing). Fortunately, I don't care if I end up in the E.R. in panties.

Thanks for listening.

bridget thronton
01-22-2016, 01:42 AM
Well done on helping your partner - thanks for the reminder

Teresa
01-22-2016, 01:55 AM
Rileyaz,
It can happen to any of us, I always think I'd have the time to change ! Not such a good thought that someone else will attempt to change you before the emergency services arrive.
I did my first outing last week and took a complete change of clothing in the car , again possibly wishful thinking if something happened , I guess we know we're taking that risk !

kittie60
01-22-2016, 09:19 AM
That is one of several things we must be aware of at anytime. I sometimes think about that with my health problems. If it happens it happens. You did an excellent job on your friend though and I hope he gets better.

Pat
01-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Hey, you never know when you're going to get hit by a bus, or a meteor, have a heart attack or, yes, stroke. So if you're going to let that gate your behavior it's your choice. But accept it as paranoia, don't try to crossdress it up as prudence. ;) Many people will note that if you're admitted to the hospital in an emergency, the caregivers will have bigger issues on their minds and, let me add, so will you.

CarolBrown
01-22-2016, 09:43 AM
My SO had a stroke a few years ago... No major effects thankfully, we just have to be aware if she has a sudden onset headache, which results in a trip to our local hospital...

Beverley Sims
01-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Riley,
Just being alive is my aim in life.

It is wise for everyone to know how to recognise stroke and heart symptoms.

Even being trained in CPR regularly and knowing how to use those machines on the wall in train stations and public buildings is a bonus.

Amy Lynn3
01-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Rileyaz: Thank you for bring this important fact to our forum. I can't go into detail for fear of being outed, but it happened to me. Healthy as a horse one moment and the next moment I was in la la land. I can assure you that you will not have time to remove cloths and had I not been found on the floor I would not be here today. That happened several years ago and I am back to my old self now.:2c:

sometimes_miss
01-23-2016, 03:23 AM
I have to add something. If you suspect stroke, call 911 or whatever your country uses to get Emergency Medical Services, as they will know which hospitals are 'stroke centers' and take you directly there; going to the wrong hospital and they may not have the services to treat a stroke in time to reverse it. Do it as soon as you suspect something's wrong, because you only have a limited amount of time to get the medication if they suspect a stroke caused by a clot that can be dissolved. If you wait too long, they won't give you the drug because protocols developed tell them not to, even if it might give you an infinitesimal chance of reversing it.

Lorileah
01-23-2016, 02:49 PM
great answers to the medical, however, it has diverged away from being a CD topic :) So I wll close it and leave readable.