PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Advice

Paula_56
01-23-2016, 09:59 AM
It looks like I will be traveling down to the phily area from New England in a few weeks for business. I don't have the nerve to fly enfemme but would like to try a road trip.

My concern is checking into the hotel enfemme, with my make ID. I am guessing this isn't a big deal big I am a little concerned.

I was wondering of there are any girls who have made road trips and if you can offer any tips, advice or support?

I enclosed a picture so you can see how I look while out

joandher
01-23-2016, 10:11 AM
you look absolutely lovely and would pass anywhere ,go and enjoy yourself, you are a very smart lady.

Amy Lynn3
01-23-2016, 10:23 AM
You look great and if the check in person says anything.....just say your Mom had a sense of humor. No need to explain any thing. Just make light of what anyone says and not worry. Say....Mom wanted a girl, but got me. They have a job to do and that is to supply a room to whoever comes in.

bridget thronton
01-23-2016, 10:27 AM
You look great like always Paula - i doubt you will have problems at check (you could call ahead and ask)

Alice Torn
01-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Great look! Maybe say the minimum, be nice, and just be yourself.

Allisa
01-23-2016, 10:39 AM
I see no problem what so ever with your appearance, just another woman traveling thru on business. Please use only established hotels, not some road side motel. When getting gas if driving use full serve when possible, it may cost more but no chance of getting gas smell on your clothes. Keep your head up and smile, you are who you are and bask in that knowledge. I've had to use my I.D. many times while en femme and if I was questioned or saw a quizzical look I would just come up with some kind of remark such as "a lot has changed since that photo". Enjoy yourself but please take care.

CynthiaD
01-23-2016, 11:20 AM
I've checked into hotels en femme with my male ID, and it was a complete non-issue. If you're worried, you can pre-pay your hotel through Hotels.com. The chance of being refused service is very small, but the chance of them giving you your money back to get rid of you is essentially zero.

Phoebe Reece
01-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Paula, I've made many road trips and never had a problem with checking into hotels using male ID. I think your presentation is wonderful. No one is going to treat you any different than they would treat any well-dressed business woman. Make your trip and have some fun.

Cheryl T
01-23-2016, 12:00 PM
My wife and I did a week long vacation a few years ago "girls only" and we had absolutely no issues. We went from NJ to Maine and back staying in all kinds of establishments. Not one incident the entire time. I just gave my credit card (femme name) and if they asked for ID presented my Driver's License.
Go have fun, you look great.

Beverley Sims
01-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Paula,
With your demeanour and bearing I see no problem with a lovely lady like you traveling by road.

Kevyn53
01-23-2016, 12:35 PM
My wife and I traveled last summer and I spent several days en femme. At the end of the day I would walk into the next hotel and hand them my credit card and ID. Never had anyone even blink. They just wanted to know if things matched, not who was handing them.

susie evans
01-23-2016, 10:54 PM
HI Paula it's good to see your smiling face I have made several trips up the west coast and even been stopped by the CHP for driving to little to fast never had a problem happy new year

Susie

Jilmac
01-23-2016, 11:34 PM
I haven't seen a hotel yet that will turn away a potential customer for the way he or she dresses

kittie60
01-24-2016, 05:44 AM
I've used motels hundreds of times in my line of work and always checked in dressed. Never had a problem you look fabulous so I see no problem what so ever. Enjoy your trip.

Claire Cook
01-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Hi Paula,

Lots of good advice here and I agree, no worries. We've driven back and forth between DC and Florida a number of times as two women and I've never had a problem. Do take Allisa's advice and try to stay in established chains -- in addition to any safety concerns, they'll treat you better (and you can treat yourself ). I've never had a problem checking in with my driver's license ... although once I was asked if I was using my husband's driver's license and credit card :heehee:.

Enjoy the trip!

CONSUELO
01-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Paula,
Dressing as smartly and elegantly as you do, the hotel should pay you to stay

Sky
01-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Hon, walk up to the counter as if you owned the hotel. Clerks don't care anyway as long as your ID matches your credit card -they only need to make sure someone (male, female or martian) will pay for the room. No need to speak if you're not comfy but if you feel like it chat all you want -I like making small talk with everybody when en femme.

S. Lisa Smith
01-26-2016, 10:13 PM
You will have no worries. You always present very well, you will be fine!!! As everyone has said, the clerks don't care!!

Maxi
01-26-2016, 10:21 PM
The line I usually use when asked for ID is, "Your gonna have fun with this". They always tell me, "It's not a problem". So go, and have fun.

TaraGrace
01-27-2016, 06:42 PM
A friend of mine (working in hotels around the globe all his life and a director of one in Germany now) once said it very politely.. he'd rather have 'strange' guests then 'normal' ones.
In general they are more polite, tip better, leave the rooms in good condition and don't bother other guests.

Worst hated are drunk people, or at least the ones that didn't ring up a large bill at the hotel bar ;)

x Tara

ps, very nice photo

Dana44
01-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I've traveled in Texas fem and no problems with motels, hotels or any restaurants or fuel station. I dd it with my male id and no problems and no funny stares.

Adriana Moretti
01-28-2016, 03:06 AM
be sure to hit the "gaybourhood" too when your in philly ....lots of fun places there xoxo

CONSUELO
01-28-2016, 12:38 PM
I just finished a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. I drove dressed and checked into motels as a femme with my male ID. I had no problems though a few lingering looks.
I thought the comment about 'strange guests" being better than normal ones an interesting one. I am always very tidy in my room and I always take care to leave the room tidy when I leave. I hang used towels over the shower rail and make sure that there is no extra work for the maid. I don't know if that is part of being a cross dresser or just the good manners I was brought up with. I hate it when people treat waitresses or maids as if they were their servants who could be abused or mistreated at will. They have tough jobs and we should make their life as easy as possible.

Samantha981
01-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Paula, you look great! I don't think you will have any problems. Just be confident , be yourself. Lots of great advice in the thread I won't repeat it. I have done a few road trips across the Midwest en femme. No problems. I am always a bit nervous anyway - probably good so I am on my toes .
I do have a couple of stories prepped in case someone asks or makes a deal out of things. I know I should not need to and have not had problems anyway but they give me a bit of confidence and that confidence is why it goes smoothly. My stories: One - If you want, I can take off my wig and wipe off the makeup if you need to see the ID match, this is me! ; the second is a bit chicken but have in case I sense the person there is really uncomfortable - yea , I know not my problem but I'm not trying to mess with them either; it goes - I'm meeting friends for a costume mystery party.
Oh, and I always have reservation in advance at national chains. No local dive motels!
Have fun on the trip!!!

CallmeAlice
01-28-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm sure you'll do just fine, I haven't done it myself but I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal. If you do get pull over I feel like that would be an awkward experience.