PDA

View Full Version : Finally Meeting Face to Face

tifftg
01-23-2016, 10:31 AM
I moved to Atlanta a year ago and have been trying to reach out. At the same time I am in a bit of a pause with my activities as my wife and I are working through her know but hating that I am a crossdresser. A few months back I placed a listing in Craigslist T4T section seeking a pen pal and to learn about the community. A number of the responses were tasteless but one stood out and we started sharing our thoughts. She has an understanding with her wife and is engaged in the CD community meetup groups. After a lot of planning, we met in drab at Starbucks and talked about our lives and our choices, just so nice to speak out loud.

I remember doing the same 20 years ago and thinking that everyone was looking and knew. Yesterday after a long journey and out there adventures I realized we were just two folks talking. We will talk more.

It was a nice day.

bridget thronton
01-23-2016, 10:33 AM
I hope you find the support community you seek

AllieSF
01-23-2016, 03:26 PM
For me when starting out over 8 years ago, meeting a like minded soul to help me get out of the house was my primary goal. It took time, but it has worked out so well. Actual CD talk was minimal and we always seemed to just talk about whatever the topic of the day was. It is always great to be able to just share the moment with someone. Congrats on your good experience.

nikkiwindsor
01-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi and welcome! Nikki

Heidi Stevens
01-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Tiff, there is a very active group of ladies in the Atlanta area. If you'd like to have a fun experience, look up Phoebe Cross just south of Atlanta in Mc Donough. She can get you started in making good, safe contacts. Her web site is: www.phoebecross.com . I was there about 18 months ago and she is a sweetheart. Tell her that Heidi from Arkansas sent you.

CD Tammy
01-23-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm glad that you had a great meet up. I'm also in the Atlanta area and I have had some positive messaging with others and more than a few not so positive messaging. There seems to be a belief that crossdresser means easy or **** in some quarters.

Melissa in SE Tn
01-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Ladies, I strongly endorse the Atlanta tri-ess chapter for a great support, advise & fun. Look up phoebe Reece or kelley on this forum if you need more info.. So glad to hear that your growing in your girly time. Peace, mel

Phoebe Reece
01-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the endorsement Melissa.
Tiffany, if you or anyone else in the Southeast are looking for a support group that (among other things) makes a particular effort to help crossdressers and their wives come to terms with crossdressing, then Sigma Epsilon chapter in Atlanta may be what you are looking for. I know that some people have a negative view of Tri-Ess, but you have to remember that all Tri-Ess chapters are different and operate in different ways. Don't judge Sigma Epsilon by what you may find on the Tri-Ess or other websites. Sigma Epsilon has monthly meetings that are a full weekend of activities - not just a bunch of crossdressers sitting around in a room for an hour or two. If anyone would like more information, please send me a private message.

Teresa
01-24-2016, 06:11 AM
Tifftg,
A similar thing happened to me, just after I joined the forum a member from the UK contacted me , we eventually met over coffee in drab and I gave her a tour of my town. She was a member of a local social group and finally a week or so ago I made it out the door. ( Pics in the photo section !) I'm so glad I made the decision, now I'm looking forward to the next group meeting in three weeks time, it's so good to think about outfits knowing there's some purpose to it.

Tracii G
01-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Glad you had a nice meet up.
Making contact with someone just like you is a great thing.
A lot here seem to complain they can't find support in their community but are unwilling to take the first step and reach out.
Sure its a leap of faith in some ways but if they aren't willing to put in the effort to meet others like them then its their own fault.

tifftg
01-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Thanks all, much appreciated..Tracii you said so well what I was attempting. Trying to reassure that it is possible to reach out, meet discreetly and then see where life goes from there.