PDA

View Full Version : Driving across US/Canada border en femme?

JanePeterson
01-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Has anyone ever crossed the border while dressed en femme in a car? Thinking about going out in Canada tonight with some friends, but don't want to have to change on the other side... Wondering if anyone has experience with going back and forth while presenting female but with male passport/IDs... Is it legal?

Vickie_CDTV
01-23-2016, 07:54 PM
I have crossed from Buffalo to Ft. Erie en femme a few times, right before 9/11. It is not illegal to cross dressed, even if you don't perfectly match your passport. Just don't lie about your legal gender etc.

However, I crossed once late at night with a friend and we were questioned by the US Border Patrol about what we were wearing, why we were wearing wigs etc. He let us go, but he was a bit obnoxious about it all, and seemed flustered when we said "we are crossdressers".

Bruce64
01-23-2016, 08:01 PM
I haven't cross while dressed as the opposite, I do believe you wont have any problems, Ontario is accomadating to all genders and sexuality. Happy Crossing.I live in North York, Ontario and our Premier is a Lesbian. Welcome to Canada. Just be honest with the Customs Officers.

Launa
01-23-2016, 08:49 PM
If you've got your proper ID you will be OK.

Marcelle
01-24-2016, 06:17 AM
Hi Jane,

You will be fine. I have done the trip (opposite way) and back on various occasions and I still travel with a male passport and ID. If they can discern who you are and you are honest there will be no issues. You might get a WTF look or two but for the most part I have only had polite and professional interactions on both side of the border.

Cheers

Marcelle

kittie60
01-24-2016, 07:48 AM
In your car with proper I'd there should.not be any problems. If your a commercial driver(trucker) then you have a problem. Otherwise enjoy yourself

CallmeAlice
01-24-2016, 05:17 PM
I've crossed twice from Sault Ste. Marie, going into Canada wasn't a problem but coming home they didn't really like that I was dressed as a woman but other than that it was fine.