PDA

View Full Version : Just found a picture of me from when I was very young.

JenniferZ2009
01-23-2016, 11:15 PM
SO I just found a picture of me from when I must have been in my early 20's when I was in the Navy. If it wasnt for my weird offset smile I wouldnt have recognized myself. I had on my Fire Dept hat from the volunteer station I used to volunteer at and I am with a really good friend. One of those friends that will be there through time and space in your heart. WE are so both sooo happy and I am actually smiling. I dont smile it just doesnt happen. To see a picture of myself as a guy so long ago and sooo happy it kinda threw me for a loop. I am battling alot of sadness right now with my health issues and such. Durring that time though I was having nightmares of my shipmates coming into my apt and taking my covers of me and finding me all dressed up. One time it felt so real I went to work the next day really on edge.

Robin414
01-23-2016, 11:36 PM
You're not alone Jennifer, you're not alone...it's OK!

JenniferZ2009
01-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Thanks Robin

Jennifer-GWN
01-24-2016, 12:00 AM
Jennifer;

Remember a picture is a but a picture of your external appearance ... We can be smiling on the outside and seemingly happy to many or others while at the same struggling in turmoil just below the surface. I have a few old pictures of myself. Many smiling; some representing great joy and fun...moments in time in an age of despite.

Just perspective.

Cheers... Jennifer

Cindy J Angel
01-24-2016, 03:28 AM
Ok i see your sad but r u sad because your happy in the pic or what the pic meant too you at that time in your life. Not this is were I feel all confused. Aver pic I have of me I went I don't aver went to forget what was going on because I was probably having fun. Some of the people I will never see again . Some I went to keep as friends. I do not have some of the pain others had as a kid, teen and so on. Sometimes I feel like a phony. And by the way I'm retired navy Jennifer. I too was worried I would get caught. Love Cindy

Georgette_USA
02-10-2016, 11:10 PM
I can see some distress on seeing old photos. I have one fresh out of boot camp in US Navy about 1969. For me it is hard to not to be able to talk with some people and ignore my first 25 years of life. Mentioned to one guy being in Navy, and he said you were in the Waves. Before they merged into regular Navy, so I said yeah that's it.