PDA

View Full Version : New gal in town

jonilace
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I am a very closet crossdresser with a mustache. I am interested in becoming more femme'. I have tried, unsuccessfully to create a look that passes. Is there anyone that might know how to do a professional looking transformation that would be available for a do-it-yourself look? I have to say that being dressed and looking in the mirror makes me kind of sad and embarrassed at how I look. I am okay with the way I feel until I take that first look. I would be willing to shave if I thought there was a chance of becomeing more femme'. Whatever the outcome, I am sure I will still dress and feel as wonderfull as I can, Just have to stay away from mirrors.

Joni

Julie York
02-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Well step one surely would be to shave the tash off?

Then you will be just as ugly/pretty as most of us. And at least you'd look like a guy in a dress rather than a guy in a comedy sketch.

Go for it!

:thumbsup:

KathrynW
02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
It's a no brainer...
Lose all facial hair...
Off like a prom dress....;)

kathy gg
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
HI Joni,

Welcome and I do have a question. Are you keeping a moustache because your wife/girlfriend is fond of it and does not want you to shave it off? If that is the reason for not wanting to shave then I really don't know what to say. Some women really like their men in facial hair.

But if you are just unsure of shaving it off because you are not sure it will help...well let's just say it won't hurt. Don't see many women w/ moustaches unless they are employed by Barnums. Worse case scenario you shave it off and you still aren't happy, grow it back. Seems easy enough.

Good luck

Sharon
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
You can always pretend to be from the Middle East and wear a veil. :)

KathrynW
02-17-2006, 04:52 PM
You can always pretend to be from the Middle East and wear a veil. :)
yeah, perfect...folks from the middle east are real popular in the USA nowadays...

Sharon
02-17-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah, perfect...folks from the middle east are real popular in the USA nowadays...

There ya go -- two votes for the veil! :rolleyes:

Wendy me
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
yes shave to start trying to look fem with a moustache is not a easy thing to do and if passing is what you want then the moustache has to go ....

AprilMae
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
yes shave to start trying to look fem with a moustache is not a easy thing to do and if passing is what you want then the moustache has to go ....
Unless you are Italian......

Gisele
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
At times I shaved my face and folks at work say what happened? I just told them I messed up on trimming it and off it went. That is what you can do.

I messed up trimming more than once often.:bs:

Julie Avery
02-17-2006, 06:50 PM
the mustache has gotta go, unless you're pretty enough to look like Mona Lisa doing an FtM thing.

DonnaT
02-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I had a mustache for many many years, and it never bothered me with respect to my dressing. Probably because I accepted myself for who/what I was. Self acceptance goes a long way.

Yes, I said had. Even though my wife preferred I keep the mustache, I shaved it because I was going out enfemme. She wanted me to keep it so I wouldn't be tempted to go out.

So, either shave if you really feel the need, find self acceptance or don't look in the mirror.

Butterfly Bill
02-17-2006, 07:24 PM
You can look at yourself and say, "Am I a good looking woman?" and you will probably say no. Do you think you are good looking as a man? Do women think you are? If you do, you can start picking clothes that make you look good as a man. Certain items fit a male body better than others. If you don't think you are good looking as a man, you probably won't think you're a good looking woman either no matter what you do.

Mona
02-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Don't be afraid to try some makeup to smooth your skin. That and a little eyeliner and lipstick can work wonders, you may need a wig also.
Don't be afraid to experiment!
Hugs, Mona

Carlacd
02-17-2006, 07:45 PM
When i had my makeover in January, i shaved my mustache off. The first time i had seen myself like that in 36 yers. First time my wife had seen me with a naked face. Growing back now, but hope to be shaving it off again soon.

JoAnnDallas
02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I used to have a full beard and mustash, until I came to Dallas. I shaved it all off so i could find a new job. If your ovr 55, having a full beard and mustash will not help as it was mostly grey. Anyway, I found afterwards when I put makeup on, that I really did look fem, so I kept on shaving even after I got this job. Now I even shave my legs.

jonilace
02-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your perspective on this issue.I was wondering more about some insight on makeover techniques taht might just help to make me more femme'

VeronicaMoonlit
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for your perspective on this issue.I was wondering more about some insight on makeover techniques taht might just help to make me more femme'

The #1 technique is practice.....lots of practice.

You can start by doing what I call homework: reading the fashion magazines, surfing for makeup tips, reading books about makeup, studying various makeup looks, etc.

And play! It's ok, it's just makeup, make a mistake, wipe it off, experiment and have fun.

Don't be afraid to visit the makeup counters in stores either or standalone stores that sell makeup, like MAC or Sephora.

Veronica