PDA

View Full Version : Opposite Party

cmiller1031
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I was just invited to an opposite party up here in Boston on April 1. It is an April fools day party, and the host and hostess have given the instructions to "dress as the opposite of what you are."

Does this give me an opportunity to dress in public. I am not out, so is this the opportunity?

Or am I just wishfully reading the invite?

What can I get away with wearing without looking too good?

Nervous...

Julie York
02-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd be more nervous about the date it is on.

Yes I am
02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Technically, you are a CD, so to dress as the oppisite you'd need to go dressed as a plain ol' vanilla dude.

Sweet Susan
02-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Of course, you must always take into consideration that if you do go for it and dress en femme, many will not hesitate to extrapolate your dressing in a dress to doing what you really want to do. So, if you will be around anybody that could use that information against you, beware. It is a real reality.

Melinda G
02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Better go looking like the budweiser boys in dresses. If you look too good, the jig is up.:bs:

Wendy me
02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
find someone that is going to the party and ask how thay are dressind you might be missunderstanding the invite......

Franki Kate
02-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Please, if it is worth doing, it is worth doing correctly and with class. Do not ridicule the fact of crossdressing. The better you look the more respect for everyone that crossdresses.

Keri
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Pretend it's a "come as you are" and show up enfemme :bs:

It'd be a stroke of genius !

Shelby
02-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Dress to the nines. Do they know that you crossdress - if not then you are can say that you are going opposite. Some other people going to this party may already have this same idea. I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy a great party dress or some girly character costume. I'd go all out. The more confident you are about taking advantage of this awesome opportunity and dressing up the more believable you will be. Have fun, but I will admit -April fools day - yikes.

DonnaT
02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I would do it up right, if it were me.

But the invite doesn't specifically indicate 'opposite sex'. So some will come as devil declaring themselves to really be angels, or for the mechanically inept, they'll come as a mechanic.

So, there many only be a couple of guys in dresses, and knowing that, I'd want to look better at it, even if I wasn't 'out'.

Heck I'd take the invite (if written) to a salon and get my makeup and nails done. If not written, you can always make a fake one.

Miss Vicki
02-18-2006, 05:39 AM
If I had the chance to be invited to a party like that, I would take full advantage of it. First, I would take the invitation with me to go shopping and find a sales clerk to help me find all the appropriate attire. Dress, Bras, slips, skirts, shoes. Especially to allow me to try items on and make sure that they fit properly.
Second, I would still have the invitation in hand and go to the cosmetic counter and ask the person there to help me look my best. Then purchase items for myself for later. I would definitely ask her if she would do my make up the day of the party. Third, Iwould ask where I could find a wig that would really fit my features. Sometimes, wigs look great on others and not on me. So I want to get one that matches my face.

Then after I had everything that I think I need, I would Thank everyone for being so helpful and tell them that I might have found the "New Me" and ask if I could come back, receive the same expert advice and treatment purchase some other items. Who knows maybe it could lead to something.
I would definitely go for it.

Either way, it sounds like a most exciting 6 weeks before the party.

Angela Burke
02-18-2006, 05:54 AM
As has aready been said note the date.
Make sure you're not going to arrive last to find out your the only guy there in a dress.
If you're sure you're not going to be the butt of an April Fools prank then I would go for it 100%, the lot!

Stacy Reso
02-18-2006, 06:24 AM
you should go cd and no1 will make a fuss because its dress as the opposite

BeckyZ
02-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Talk about a win-win situation. How could your possibly pass it up by not letting your hair down?

RachelDenise
02-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Why not call the host and ask for a clarification? Act surprised if it is really what you think and don't be overly convincing unless you want to be way out!

Stacy Reso
02-18-2006, 09:11 AM
but thats just knit picking just say you borriwed the shoes or someifn

jo_ann
02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I wear size 15 shoes... well, if I show up dressed... someone is liable to figure out that I had to have already had those... since they're so darn hard to find.

Not true.. my wife actually pre-covered for me when I went as a nurse for a halloween party (since I wear size 15 mens, which is 17 womens). she goes "we found them on ebay of all places!", but in truth I already had them :-)

kim in n.c.
02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
GO all out , Go for it , Go hog wild--- but just GO girl!!
Look on the bright side, If you are lucky enough to
be the only one ,Well , I'll bet you will be the bell of the
Ball and the center of attention! Isn't that what we
really want deep down +?
Kim

Yes I am
02-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Or, get dressed up and if anyone asks tell them the truth about your crossdressing, let it sink in for a second, then yell "April fools!"

gennee
02-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Do it!

Gennee;)

Cathy Anderson
02-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Better go looking like the budweiser boys in dresses. If you look too good, the jig is up.:bs:
I agree.

Dressing en femme, especially if it looks like you know what you're doing, might give some people the suspicion you are CD, or support any vague suspicions they already have.

Cathy

tvgirl4fun
02-18-2006, 12:12 PM
First, I've always thought places weren't taking advantage of April Fools' Day. Halloween is one of the biggest party days there is. So why not have a party day in the Spring time!,

Second, Can I get an invitation to the party?, and

Third, The worst that could happen is that they know you crossdress, and the party is planned to be your "coming out party", which you simply turn the joke on them by wondering what the fuss is because you like to wear dresses! Good grief, go and have a good time!

Thinking back, I used to go out around Halloween and when someone asked if I was going to a party, I used to say, "No, I just like to crossdress and Halloween is the only time I can get away with it." But the funny part was, when I went to the same places (coffee shops/convience stores/etc.) in the Summer, no one said anything!

Jaie

Petrina CD
02-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I walked into my neighbours halloween party dressed to the nines in lace up ankle boots,black dress etc... ( my neighbour is a fittnes trainer,a GG with a Xena fetish, but that is another story) As soon as her boyfreind saw me he bellows out " Oh , I can see what you are into now" I walked up to him and said " Hey , I gotta wear my weekend clothes out somewhere don't I ?"

Dressing to the nines at a party like you have mentioned, you could have the same thing happen to you . The date is suspect , but I think I would still go in my best outfit . Mabee check it out a bit.

Onetime in a dress shop ,the sales girl was teasing my for buying a dress for about the tenth time in their store . I had told her that I had a girlfreind ( true) and she looked at me funny. Then I said they were really for me. She razzed me some more out loud and then said if your GF has any trouble with fit........ I don't think she belived they were really for me . Sometimes the truth can be the best lie.

At another halloween party I did get outed but nobody cared.

So if it turns out you are the butt of a joke , be a good looking butt!!

Petrina cd

jo_ann
02-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Do it! do it..
http://dvd-new-release.net/starsky.and.hutch/starsky.and.hutch.jpg

Rachel Morley
02-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Hmmm....you said "dress as the opposite of what you are"...perhaps this means if you are tough guy type you're supposed to go as a nerdy looking type, or if you normally only ever dress in jeans you go in a suit and tie...I dunno.

I guess what I'm saying is if you go fully en femme you might find yourself in a crowded room full of people and you are the only guy wearing women's clothes. How do you feel about that? Then again it is a costume party, so why not? :p

Cathy Anderson
02-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Sorry for posting again but I had another thought.

It seems to me that the purpose of such a party is to present or express one's alter-ego. The implicit assumption is that we all have some "shadow" or alter-ego, some secret fantasy. If a guy dresses like a biker, then he's saying, "look this is my secret fantasy."

So--if you dress like a girl, aren't you saying, "this is my secret fantasy"?
Which it is. But do you want to be telling people that? :)

Cathy

Charlene Marie
02-19-2006, 08:25 AM
I say go for it. Dress yourself up to the nines and have a ball.

cmiller1031
02-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Thank you all for some great advice. I did actually run into the person having the party this weekend and asked for clarification, and I was told that was the extent of the instructions. They want to see the creativity of thier friends and excpect some creative costumes.

As for the date, they assure me the party is on the up and up although everything having to do with the party will be oppoisite...whatever that means... ;)

paulaN
02-20-2006, 09:54 AM
After talking with the host I would say go for it. do us girls right and yourself too. have a great and don't forget the camera.

Genifer Teal
02-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I wear size 15 shoes... well, if I show up dressed... someone is liable to figure out that I had to have already had those... since they're so darn hard to find.

First let me cast my vote for dressing enfemme! Be tastefull and not over the top. (IE- huge boobs, extremely high heels or platforms, no patent shoes if possible) As to your concern above, it is easy to say you found them on the net, Ebay or something. It will be harder to explain how you can walk in them if they have much of a heel.

Before you commit to doing this, you must consider that you will have some believers in the crowd no matter how well you explain it. Don't let this scare you, just consider if it you are ok with that. What type of crowd is this? If it is work related, you might want to reconsider.

Do you know any women going to this party? Enlist thier help. If you find the right one, she might have fun helping you. Not only would you enjoy it, but then you would have more reason to look so good. It will save all the how did you learn to do makeup? type questions.

Best of luck. Tell us all about it. Can we come?

Hugs - Genifer

Sophia Rearen
02-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Why not go as a princess? I could be wrong, but I doubt you're one normally! It all depends on your attitude. If you are ready to have some fun and are ready for the comments, I suggested, whole heartidly to go for it! You would be crazy not to. If you have reservations, fears, doubts or misconceptions of who you are and what being a cd/tg means to you then I'd probably save the outing for another time. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep us informed.

cmiller1031
02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
I think based upon all your kind responses that I am going to go for it. I do have a lady that I am going to ask to help me out. A couple of points, I am terrible at walking in heels, and I have a pair that I am going to wear. I am also larger than the average male, so I am going to have a tough time passing, but I am going to try.

I have a goatee, that I am not sure I am going to shave, but I may have to, I am torn on that one. I am also unsure of what a good outfit may be, but I will have to come up with something, but I do want to go all out!

I will also do my best to get some photos up here!!!

Thanks!!!