PDA

View Full Version : Purse survival kit - Need advice

KrissyP
01-24-2016, 09:22 PM
What do you put in your purse when you go out?

Certainly I have a much better understanding now as to why women seem to rummage around in their purses before finding anything, and the mystery of all that clinking and clacking in there is better understood. But I always have to think and rethink about what is in my purse before I leave the house.

For those of you that go out dressed, are there certain essentials that you just have to have in your purse?

Gina Torres
01-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Recently Ive been going out with credit card and id in pocket no purse no cell phone no nothing. If I dont have pockets I will put wallet and cell phone in purse. Not sure what else goes in there tbh.

sara.rafaela
01-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Now: lipstick, powder, hotel key, credit card, debit card, id, cell phone, $100 cash, insurance card, reading glasses.

Before: I used to also carry a boy bag, that I would leave in the car. Pants, tshirt, shoes, makeup remover wipes, acetone. Never had to use it. Closest time was when my hotel key did not work. I decides that facing the desk clerk dressed was the easiest option and it was a non issue.

Robin414
01-24-2016, 10:27 PM
I used to carry like everything (16 nail files, 5 bottles of nail polish, two hockey sticks, skates, oh yah, and my signature cinder block - in case I encountered resistance 😉 ). I've toned it down a lot now though when I go out full femme, just a bottle of water, phone, keys, powder and lipstick...now just need to figure out what to do with ALL that left over space 😅

Dana44
01-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Mostly I carry a wallet. One of those zip up ones that also holds the phone. My credit cards and business cards are in it as well as my drivers license, also lipstick. I also have a credit card knife. It is kind of useful for anything one needs it for. If I take my purse that goes in it and it also has a compact powder and more lipstick.

Ceera
01-25-2016, 12:34 AM
ID, cash, a couple of credit cards and a spare key for my car, all in a small pass case or wallet, which at worst I can tuck between my breasts or inside my clothes if I have to leave my purse in the car. Having that 'bare minimum' at the ready has proven useful at a dance when purses were not allowed in the ballroom.

Also usually in my small purse, for a night at a nightclub or bar: Cell phone, key ring with car keys and house/apartment key, a small mirror compact, a nail file, a lipstick matching what I am wearing, a lipstick brush, maybe a lip liner pencil, a small perfume atomizer containing the perfume I am wearing, and a packet of antacids.

If shopping, or if out for a better part of the day, I'll carry a larger purse, with all of the above plus: A disposable razor and small selection of makeup to repair my makeup if it gets mussed up, or to deal with beard shadow after a long day out and about; change purse with coins for parking meters; a packet of blotter pads, for blotting my face to remove sweat without messing up makeup; Kleenex/face tissues; a small folding hand fan; shopping coupons; and maybe a couple of folding cloth shopping bags that roll up to the size of a tennis ball. Sometimes a small pocket knife as well. Sometimes a compact folding umbrella, if the weather is threatening.

In my car I often also keep a spare pair of comfortable sneakers, in case the heels or boots I am wearing make my feet too sore.

Teresa
01-25-2016, 02:04 AM
Krissy,
This a god question and one I had to think through before my first social meeting.
I bought two handbags from a charity shop, different sizes trying to think about and what would go in them. I forgot about a purse so had to use my male wallet, I also took the precaution of a spare pair of stockings. Other then that I had a hair brush, lipstick, phone, male glasses ( must do something about those ),car keys, pack of tissues , a small makeup mirror and a small perfume atomiser.
It did feel strange having never been out before and having to take care of a handbag, it does give you something to do with your hands as you've not got any pockets

bridget thronton
01-25-2016, 02:49 AM
Wallet and keys, plus make-up repair items, brush, comb, nail clippers, clear nail polish (hose repair), emery board, hair spray, swiss army cyber tool, flash drives, cell phone

reinasblack
01-25-2016, 03:14 AM
Acetone Nail polish remover,nail file and buffer,vaseline,baby oil,paper towels,baby wipes,goo gone adhesive remover,male sweats,male tshirt,male tennis shoes,black plastic bags,large mirror and $$$.

michelle64
01-25-2016, 06:34 AM
I carry a certain item that must go nameless...in fact i bought a purse with a speshul built in pocket to safely carry said nameless item..no way i am going to be a victim or another statistic...you must train diligently to apply makeup flawlessly and so must you train with unmentionable said item

erickka
01-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Girl wallet with debit card , around $100 cash, powder,lipstick, keys and cell phone..all in a nice cross body purse.

Kate Simmons
01-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Besides makeup of course, there is tissues, flash light, note pad and pen, mirror, brush, comb, mints and various other odds and ends.:)

Emily W
01-25-2016, 07:15 AM
Although I have 7 hand bags to go with different outfits, I do have a favourite 'everyday hand bag' that I always use.

As I was interested to see just what a hoarder I have become, I actually had to go and check out my hand bag to see what I am carrying with me. I found my purse with money/cards, red lipstick – two different tones, perfume, nail file, band aids, small pair of scissors, small make-up kit, small packet of tissues, mobile phone, car key, house key, spare glasses, a small bottle of lubricant, small slim camera and a thousand shopping receipts – ok it wasn’t thousand but there were a lot.

pamela7
01-25-2016, 07:38 AM
does anyone find their purses keep needing to be larger as time goes on? (purse = "handbag" in English; our "purses" are "female wallets" - unless you have another world for that).

bridget thronton
01-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Yes Pamela the handbag has gotten bigger over time (it can be smaller for vacation but needs to be larger when I go work)

Rhonda Jean
01-25-2016, 09:58 AM
When I only carried a purse when I went out (dressed) I always found myself looking for "purse filler". I'd put all kinds of things in there just so it wouldn't be empty except for my wallet and keys. Other than lipstick and occasionally foundation, none of it was necessary.

I've now carried a purse every day for a few years. Not a man bag! A purse! Over time, what I carry has grown without thinking about it. Besides a little makeup, for the most part it's a lot of thing I used to carry in the console of my car.

I used to struggle with the purse thing back when I carried one infrequently. I really only carried one because that's what women do. I never felt comfortable with how to carry it, much less what to put in it. I think my discomfort with it showed. I'm sure it looked a bit forced. Now that I carry one all the time I don't have to think about it, and it looks like something I'm used to doing. Much more natural.

It's totally ridiculous how much it's come to mean to me to simply pick up my purse and head out the door every day. It's just an object, but it's become such a thing for me. At first, carrying it everywhere (except work) every day was something I had to kinda force myself to do, but I didn't let myself chicken out. I had a lot of hesitation carrying it in to the Dr's office or Home Depot, but I made myself do it. It's never been a problem. I'm certain that I get talked about, but I also get LOTS of compliments. I'm glad I challenged myself to carry one every day. It's a good pacifier between dressing.

Jennifer-GWN
01-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Something you might all over look which can be very helpful for endearing reasons.. Put a couple of pads and tampons in and be ready to rescue a gg in need. Be a good citizen in the washroom. Instant friends can be made.

Cheers... Jennifer

jenniferinsf
01-25-2016, 10:05 AM
POUR MOI
nail file, lipstick and other small bottles in the makeup bag, wallet, keys, cell phone, sun glasses, hair brush

KrissyP
01-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. This is starting to sound like my backpack when I go hunting/camping! So I did go to the store yesterday and buy a bigger purse as well as a women's wallet to replace my men's billfold. That can get expensive! So now I am off to start filling my purse with all the essentials. Fun!

Maria Strange
01-26-2016, 08:28 AM
There is no point in carrying stuff round just for the sake of it. I just have keys mobile phone hairbrush tissues small makeup bag with choice items and purse with money and credit and debit cards. The cards are the only reference to being male but thats life. If the bag is too heavy you'll get sick of carrying it but if it is too light it won't hang properly on your shoulder

Sky
01-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Mirror.
Hair brush.
Three lipsticks.
Two cream foundations.
Two setting powders.
Two concealers.
Mascara.
Gel and pencil eyeliner.
Lash curler.
Fake nails.
Fake lashes.
Eye shadows.
Makeup cleanser.
Cotton balls.
A few brushes. (I never find the one I'm looking for)
KY jelly. (don't ask)
Rubbers. (ditto)
Wallet.
Cell phone.
Now that I think about it, no wonder my purse is always about to burst.

Anne K
01-26-2016, 01:38 PM
I have carried a purse since I was 16. That is a long time ago. I carry the usual items including a S&W J-frame.

Helen_Highwater
01-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Remembering I'm in the UK. in my handbag (purse) I have;
A purse (coin wallet) with loose change and folding money, credit/debit cards, drivers license and of course till receipts I don't need to keep.
NB: have you noticed just how big some GG's purses are these days?

Then it's;
Reading glasses x2
Sun glasses
nail file
ball point pens x3
small note book
hair brush
small mirror
leather gloves
cotton gloves (so if I need to change my tights I don't snag them)
small pack of tissues
at least 1 lippy
super glue (emergency false nail repair)
small LED torch
car and house keys
mobile

For me it's an essential item for blending. It somehow empowers me. When enfemme it's as necessary as wearing a wig. Just wouldn't leave home without it.

flatlander_48
01-27-2016, 01:10 AM
I start with my usual guy stuff:

House keys
Car electronic key
Driver's license
Credit cards
Cash w/ money clip
Change
Pen
Business cards
Comb

For DeeAnn, I add:

Foundation
Powder
Powder brush
Mascara
Lipstick
Eyebrow pencil
Shoe horn
Large Leatherman tool
Small Maglite
Blotting papers
Setting spray

DeeAnn

Eryn
01-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Wallet with all the cards and cash
Phone
Keys
Makeup bag with lipsticks, mirror, folding brush, and pill bottle
nail file
Pens and pencils
Leatherman tool

For dressy evenings, I have a selection of vintage clutches. The problem, of course, is which items to leave behind!

Beverley Sims
01-27-2016, 08:57 AM
My cellphone, keys and the usual makeup. :-)

Sometimes I even carry Benjamin Franklin around with me.

Samantha981
01-27-2016, 09:06 AM
I found a purse that has a hidden zipped compartment that I can throw my guy wallet with CC, ID in for backup. Then in the normal purse section I carry all that I need (I avoid getting into the secret compartment ) : lipstick, lipgloss, keys, cash (my name on credit card does not match femme mode, so if I buy something, I use cash), phone. Majority of my trips out are to the mall to window shop, or add one or two makeup or clothing items to the collection. So I don't need much.
Very interesting lists - maybe I don't bring enough! I get just a little bit so didn't think much. I should have makeup to "powder my nose" or touch up and a few more items.

KrissyP
01-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Samantha, I have found that the name on the credit card does not seem to matter much. My wife has used my CC's before and I have used them in Fem mode with no problem. That said, I always have my DL to back me up.

Rachael Leigh
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Most of my outings are not long so in general my id some essential makeup like lip gloss and lip stick as well as powder.
I also take a brush for the windy days. I have a coin purse that I can carry credit cards too
So I guess I'm pretty basic

Dawn cd
01-27-2016, 05:54 PM
I use a women's purse as a shoulder bag even in guy mode. Eyeglasses. Mini umbrella. Book or Kindle. Checkbook. Appointment book. Kleenex. Hand sanitizer. Tums. Store coupons. Some jewelry, and a makeup kit with lipstick, powder, rouge.

binair10
01-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Everything that a GG puts in their handbag and more. Make-up bag (large one), umbrella, gloves, glasses, phone, 3 packs of tissues, bottle of Ester Lauder perfume and anything else that I think that I shall need. purse with notes and plenty of cash. Oh and my cigarettes and a couple of lighters. Also a spare set of panties and a pair of hold-up stockings. If I put much more in there it will need to be fitted with wheels.

Julie.

TaraGrace
01-29-2016, 09:26 PM
I think I've seen 3 shopping malls come by so far, but no security?

I'd throw in a condom or two.. just in case.. luckily they don't take up much space ;)