PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was being careful, but got busted anyway

Samantha Clark
01-27-2016, 12:38 PM
I know this won't compare to other "busted" stories you all have, but this is mine. I've been underdressing with panties and hose for a few years now and haven't had anyone be the wiser (other than my wife) until now.

I had a medical exam this morning for a renewal of a life insurance policy. The exam was conducted by a medical para professional at my office this morning. Before I left for work, my wife grabbed my butt and asked if I was wearing boy underwear today. When I said "no" she expressed concern that they may want to supervise the urine sample procedure (pee in a cup). I told her not to worry and that I was sure that wouldn't happen. As it turns out, I was correct.

I knew that the exam would include an EKG but thought nothing of it. I wore a normal boy undershirt instead of a nice girly one, so I felt I was safe. What I didn't think of was that an EKG requires electrodes on the ankles.

So the tech swabbed my chest and arms with alcohol and then started to do the same on my ankle. She pulled down my sock and before she swabbed the alcohol she touched my ankle. "Are you wearing stockings?" :eek: Me: "um yeah". "Well I can't apply the leads with stockings on so they'll have to come off." Me: "ok, I'll be back in a minute." She had to know that they were pantyhose because I had to run the the restroom to take them off.

I could feel my face turning bright red as I was leaving the room to head to the restroom :o, but by the time I returned I was just fine and everything was normal. Looked her in the eye and smiled and completed the exam. :) She was as pleasant as can be and smiled and wished me a good day as she left.

I wonder what went through her head!

bok4fun
01-27-2016, 12:46 PM
The perfect time to own it girl! And while you hope she might have found it pleasant on some level, or at least not disgusting, who really cares?

Sky
01-27-2016, 01:36 PM
I wonder what went through her head!

Most likely "Hurry up with the restroom, I don't want to be late for lunch".

Most people don't care nowadays, particularly those in the medical profession who have seen it all.

Teresa
01-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Brenda,
Now you can see why I wear stockings, it makes things just that bit easier !

Jenny22
01-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Several years ago, I was scheduled for surgery and my toes were polished a bright red. The surgery was to be in my left shoulder, and I thought, " i'll just leave the polish on. They will never see my toes." Wrong!! I didn't know then that they would be checking my feet for a pulse and my ankles for swelling. Busted!! When I asked the male nurse to not say anything to others, he said, while grinning, that it would be none of their business, just ours. I never heard another word from he or anyone else. Whew!

Samantha Clark
01-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Brenda,
Now you can see why I wear stockings, it makes things just that bit easier !

No doubt. I wondered why she said "stockings" instead of hose or nylons. I can't wear stockings (stay ups) because of a latex sensitivity, and garters would certainly show through my pants. Except for this incident, pantyhose have been great!

sara.rafaela
01-27-2016, 04:02 PM
I think nurses, doctors, fire fighters, cops, have seen everything and don't really care.

heatherdress
01-27-2016, 05:29 PM
I think nurses, doctors, fire fighters, cops, have seen everything and don't really care.

You are absolutely right Sara. No one cares what anyone is wearing.

kittie60
01-27-2016, 06:45 PM
I had to go for a dot physical and forgot to remove my pink nail Polish on my toes. Right away a red flag went upand he strarted asking all kinds.of questions when I finally had enough and told him that wearing nail Polish wasn't a disqualifying reason to fail the exam. I got my card after awhile.

MarciManseau
01-27-2016, 06:52 PM
In case anyone asks you about it at work, just tell them that lots of people wear support hose for health reasons, and leave it at that.

gabriella1964
01-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Nice stories, all to familiar...I keep my toes painted a brite sparking red polish the gel kind and love them every time i see them, well i changed doctors after 30 yrs as mine went to a different field. The new dr I went to lives in my town and knows im a rugged kinda guy and always says how built i am ...inn a good way ,lol So i got to him with sexy red toes and the first thing he does is pull my shoes off and slides off my socks......:o My face was im sure as red as my toes, needless to say i bounced right back when he looked at me with his eyes over his glasses , as to say now ive seen everything , so i quickly responded oh i heard that toe nail paint helps in winter months with brittle nails....his answer.....well you know they make clear polish:heehee: im sure he bought it but maybe next time ill wear blue.

AshleyJames
01-27-2016, 08:29 PM
I had nearly this exact thing happen, and the only reason I wasn't busted was because the tech didn't put them on my ankles. Still, I was sure my lace panties would be showing when she asked me to hike up my shirt. Had this been a doctor I was seeing for a long time and comfortable with it might have been different, but this was my first visit and the girl doing the ekg was a little younger than me and very pretty, so if that wasn't nerve wrecking enough! Somehow everything looked normal on it, just slightly elevated (I wonder why?).

Robin777
01-27-2016, 10:20 PM
I had this happen when I went to the doctor for a dermatitis outbreak on my arms. I had eczema when I was a kid and it looked exactly like that. After the exam the doctor said I was going to get a steroid shot. Little did I realize at the time I was going to get it in the buttocks. I had a bright red pair of panties on. When I pulled down my pants and my panties showing,the nurse didn't say anything as it was obvious I had panties on. She just smiled and gave me the shot. I had a worse outbreak a few months after that and that time I wore men's underwear. I didn't make that mistake twice.

lingerieLiz
01-27-2016, 11:16 PM
For years I've only worn panties and much of the time bras. When going to doctors I do have a couple pairs of shorts. When I was having back problems I went to a chiropractor who happened to be a very good looking young gal. The first time I took off all my underwear (panties). Later as I was getting regular treatment I wore panties. One day I wore very fem sheer panties. The doc came over to remove the electrodes and as she finished snapped the band to let me know she knew what I had on. We remained doc/patient after she left to start her own practice. All the attendants knew but never said anything.

A couple years ago I went for a flu shot. I had on a woman's tee and as the gal went to give me the shot my flu shot she lifted the sleeve and exposed my bra strap. With a quick slide of her finger she slid the strap up and give me the shot. She never gave any indication about it.

I wear mens when I go to doctors, not that I'm worried about them knowing, but I don't want the distraction.

jenniferinsf
01-28-2016, 09:19 AM
we do have such vivid imaginations like the end of the world is about to happen when we are "busted" but in reality it is much less dramatic

CONSUELO
01-28-2016, 12:29 PM
I recently went to a dermatologist for an annual check. I wore a lovely pair of pale yellow knickers beneath my man clothes as I always do. In previous exams he has only looked at my upper body and arms but this time he asked me to lower my pants so he could check my legs. His nurse was in the room with him taking notes as he ran his inspection lamp over my skin to find potential cancers.

So, I just lowered my pants and he did his inspection and that was it. It didn't bother me and I'm sure it didn't bother him either. After he left the exam room, his nurse stayed and we talked about some treatment for a skin condition. It was all very normal and professional. I never worry about such things.

docrobbysherry
01-28-2016, 01:08 PM
It's all about attitude, Brenda. TS's become used to wearing ladies things. So, in your circumstances they wouldn't feel, "busted".

U wondered what she thot? I believe in your next level up of comfort in dressing, when u wonder what folks think, you'll ASK THEM!:heehee:

I personally don't care to get caught in these, "gotcha", situations. When I go out dressed, every person within site knows it!:eek:

I guess my stealth mode days r long gone?!:battingeyelashes:

Samantha Clark
01-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Good stories and comments. My take away, after a day of reflection, is that this was a spark towards greater self-acceptance and self assurance. While I was embarrassed initially, I knew I hade to face the situation and take it in stride like everything is totally normal and I'm totally comfortable with this.

Like many, I suffer from doubts and anxieties, and this event forced me to face up to the fact that I have to be ok with the way I am, even if it isn't quite mainstream behavior. I've got a ways to go to be fully comfortable, but this pushed me closer to being accepting of myself.

I guess it's more important what's in my head rather than what's in her head. I'll take that lesson and build on it.

CallmeAlice
01-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Wow that was close, that must have been something. I feel like the thought in her head was pretty funny.

Jilmac
01-28-2016, 11:14 PM
The tech has probably seen more than you realize.

nvlady
01-29-2016, 01:05 AM
I wonder what she's run into with the other guys at work. Some of them may regularly have painted toenails and wear toe rings. If she didn't say anything to you about them, she won't say anything to them about you.

Sarasometimes
01-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Most importantly i hope the ekg was a good one considering your racing heart rate.

Sometimes Steffi
01-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I've gone to doctors many times with "color on my toes".

There were at least a couple of times when I was surprised by the request to take off my shoes and socks. There were other times when I fully expected to have to take off my shoes and socks, and didn't care.

I have "read in" (i.e., revealed to) some of my doctors to the whole crossdressing thing, and showed a couple of them pictures of Steffi all dressed up. I've gone to one doctor and three therapists fully en femme. Sometimes, you just have to own it.

Stephanie47
01-30-2016, 01:46 AM
I sure nurses, doctors, EMT's, et all have seen it all. And, they may be very professional. Somehow I always envision the old school yard game of playing "telephone." It's one thing to encounter the unexpected such as an automobile accident or a heart attack in the office, but, a pre-planned medical event? How about risk vs. reward? If one is going to 'out' herself, then she should be able to choose the time and place. I've had many medical appointment where the routine IS to check the pulse at the ankles. It's a common medical procedure. At least you were not asked to submit to a rectal exam.

Piora
01-31-2016, 09:03 AM
The only type of 'under-dressing' I have ever done is occasionally with toenail polish. I often ponder on what excuse I would give if, for example, I had an accident or an emergency where I had to go to the hospital, and the nurses or orderlies would take off my shoes and socks (or ask me to) and saw I was wearing red nail polish. I thought of an excuse where I would say that "my 10 year-old niece wanted to practice applying polish, since she wants to become a beautician, but she didn't have any nail polish remover". :heehee: I don't know whether that would fly or not. Of course, that has never happened, and if I plan on going to any medical practitioner, I always make sure that I am not wearing any. I have Type 2 Diabetes, and when I go in for a check up, they sometimes want to check my feet.

I never under-dress with any female clothing. Just not my thing.

MarciManseau
01-31-2016, 09:50 AM
You could always say your SO must have done it as a joke one night after you'd had a few drinks and passed out.

Launa
01-31-2016, 10:08 AM
I have a friend that was out on the town about a year ago and she slipped on ice and broke her leg. She went into the ER as is. We were all laughing about it as she told us she was discharged with a cast several hours later.

Allison Chaynes
01-31-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm curious- I've had plenty of EKGs in my 36 years but they have never hooked electrodes to my ankles- is this some kind of specialty EKG?

If asked, I would simply say the hose were for a medical issue and leave it at that. or mention that you're on your feet a lot and it helps avoid blisters.

I wore a bra to my last VA appointment with the GP, not even thinking that she would do the stethoscope/listen to my heart thing. It was no big deal to her. She acted like it wasn't there. Totally professional.

Samantha Clark
02-02-2016, 03:17 PM
The EKG was a "7 lead" EKG, which has 3 leads on the chest, one on each arm and one on each ankle.

I was tempted to say that the hose is for a sensitivity to latex (in socks), which is partly true, but decided just to embrace it and overcome my initial embarrassment.