PDA

View Full Version : Smile, darn ya, SMILE !!

Jenny22
01-27-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't do photos, so I can't post this in the Picture/videos gallery where I see so many beautiful girls who don't smile. Some of their face photos could be so much more enchanting if they would just smile, me thinks. I don't mean just a grin-type smile but a really happy smile where the eyes are smiling, too! Am I wrong to think / suggest this? I don't mean to be.

Meghan4now
01-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Jenny,

You are right. There have been a few posts on this concept. First off many CD'S have a less positive self image. (Hmmm, a causal variable?) Some of us are a little embarrassed by our smiles, or like in my case, my smile would be a tell tale to my identity if someone I knew saw the picture. In general, males have not been brought up to smile as much as females in many cultures, and that may be hard to overcome. Also consider the dressing situation. It may be fun, but it may also be stressful as well. Worrying about being caught, frustrated by getting the equipment right, trying to pose so my face doesn't look fat.

There are probably other reasons as well, but keep on encouraging. A smile is the best accessory!!!

donnaS
01-27-2016, 05:43 PM
I always have to smile in my photos. It doesn't complete me if I don't. Hate my male image and don't smile much while in drab. But I love Donna, she is always all smiles. Give it time,smiles will come!

bok4fun
01-27-2016, 06:36 PM
When I try to smile for something, it is obviously fake. Like AlexAnn, something has to cause me to smile.

Katey888
01-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Nice point Jenny - and I think Meghan has it right about the stress part for some folk, but stress beyond just practical concerns; stress that may be the product of decades of societal conditioning and the issues that come with breaching those norms... It can be an awful lot for people to overcome and I don't believe we should feel anything but empathy and support in these circumstances. People overcome huge - freakin' huge, barriers just to take a photo and post it here... It's not easy to do that - and nobody should cheapen that by just suggesting they think of something funny... It isn't that easy for many of us...

You're right when you say the real happiness is revealed when folk are happy with themselves and you're not wrong to suggest or encourage anyone towards that goal - it's a great aspiration to have - but it has to come from a real harmony within, and that's also what we should be encouraging them to find in themselves and their life. That matters more than any selfie... :)

Katey x

Judy-Somthing
01-27-2016, 06:51 PM
I always try to think of something funny, like me in a dress.

Reading these posts makes me feel like I'm not alone and always puts a smile on.

donnaS
01-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Judy
That's not funny cause you make some of us jealous of how you look in that dress!
At lest I'm jealous and your makeup is spot on.

Tara Rushing
01-27-2016, 07:09 PM
I agree that a smile is the best accessory but understand why some don't. I am all smiles in my pics because I am truly happy to be dressed. It just feels good and makes me happy.......now the sound of the wife's car in the drive and the old smile disappears pretty darn fast!!!!

Judy-Somthing
01-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Actually I've been doing a lot better with makeup after watching quite a few youtube videos, especially the ones on contouring and blending.
And forget how many hours trying all kinds of hairstyles.
I saw that wedding dress and had to have it and that put a smile on my face.

Jenny22
01-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Ladies, I did not mean to offend anyone with my OP, and I hope I didn't. A true smile adds beauty to the face, perhaps even more than makeup. Seriously! So, the next time you do photos, think of something that makes you laugh (that brings your eyes into your smile) and you'll really smile! Then, quickly take the photo. If you missed it, try, try again. hugs to all!

Rachael Leigh
01-27-2016, 10:21 PM
You mean a nice warm smile like this
This has always been one of my favorite pictures

Julogden
01-27-2016, 10:40 PM
If you like to smile when you take photos, then smile all you want, but please don't criticize those of us who don't always feel like grinning. ;)

CarlaWestin
01-27-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm really trying to smile. It's hard. I had all of my teeth rebuilt ten years ago. It was a full year process that involved bone grafts, root canals, crowns and titanium bridges. And then I had it done again after a bicycle accident that slammed it into the asphalt. It's an effort so, just call me smile challenged. I'm working on it.
Hey, I got big tits!

Judy-Somthing
01-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Hey, I got big tits!

For your punishment you can only wear As or Bs for the next year!

Sarah Louise
01-28-2016, 02:35 AM
I agree with this. I've just posted some photos in the picture gallery and I'm grinning from ear to ear. Obviously, I picked the nicest pictures to post and what's interesting is I pass far better as woman in the ones where I'm smiling.

katie elouise
01-28-2016, 04:15 AM
Maybe something like this ?

Curiosity666
01-28-2016, 04:55 AM
I find that a smile is something that's developing along with my crossdressing. It gets better the more I do it.

It's a combination of feeling silly while in girl mode, and the fact that forcing a smile looks soooooo bad. When I'm dressed I'm often not doing much else, so there's nothing to make me smile (except looking in the mirror, which is what I do now :) ) Candid smiles are always the best looking

Teresa
01-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Jenny,
I smile like a Cheshire cat , I'm so pleased with my smiley pic in the photo section taken at my first social meeting , I guess the girl inside was so happy !

Carla,
In the UK we had a dear old comedian called Ken Dodd, He use to have a, " Tickling stick !" maybe that would help !

I can't say where he'd use it but I bet it would put a wide smile on your face !

Katey888
01-28-2016, 06:21 AM
In the UK we had a dear old comedian called Ken Dodd, He use to have a, " Tickling stick !" maybe that would help !

He's actually still around Teresa - 88 and still tickling, I believe... here he is with two sticks...

You have to imagine where the third one is... :eek:

Strangely, he reminds me of one of the members here... :devil:

Katey x

Teresa
01-28-2016, 06:33 AM
Katey,
Don't even go there !
There's more than one tickling stick !!!

AnnieMac
01-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Dressed, I smile on the inside:love:

Nadine Robles
01-28-2016, 07:52 AM
You're absolutely right, something so simple as a smile can put the touch of feminity needed.

Samantha981
01-28-2016, 09:06 AM
I find I have two take pics in two cycles. First, when I look at my pictures I am concentrating so hard I look like I'm angry. So I get the phone out again and smile this time. Hard part for me is getting a natural smile while taking selfies.

Rhonda Darling
01-28-2016, 09:19 AM
I always have to smile in my photos. It doesn't complete me if I don't. Hate my male image and don't smile much while in drab. But I love Donna, she is always all smiles. Give it time,smiles will come!

Donna, perhaps you should prove your point and use an avatar of you smiling. Just a friendly thought. :thumbup:

Best regards,
Rhonda

Julie Denier
01-28-2016, 12:05 PM
I've found that a smile is one of the most feminizing features one can have. The wig may be the crowning touch, but a smile brightens the face and pulls it all together :battingeyelashes:

Donna June
01-28-2016, 01:38 PM
I don't look good at all, if I don't smile, so I definitely agree with you.

Jenny22
01-28-2016, 02:44 PM
You mean a nice warm smile like this
This has always been one of my favorite pictures

YES!! Nice smile!

- - - Updated - - -

If you like to smile when you take photos, then smile all you want, but please don't criticize those of us who don't always feel like grinning. ;)

I'm sorry that you felt it to be criticism. It was meant to be encouragement. Smiles simply enhance a face's beauty.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe something like this ?

Yes! There's also some sparkle in your eyes because of the smile .. both photos.

SHY KIM
01-29-2016, 02:12 AM
I AGREE! A pretty smile goes a long way to adding charm and beauty. Unfortunately I have a terrible smile. Especially when forced. If I go to far it looks really bad (like I'm in pain or something) It's the same in both drab and fem mode. Those of you with pretty smiles DON'T WASTE IT!
Kim:o

Adriana Moretti
01-29-2016, 02:28 AM
....I am in the camp that selfies where you smile look incredibly fake too .......they look way forced. NONE of my selfies I am smiling...why??? cause its a borring solo selfie ........nothing beats a genuine candid caught off guard, , realtime photo to capture a true facial expression ...

Hell on Heels
01-29-2016, 05:29 AM
I wholeheartedly agree that a nice smile in a pic adds so much to a photo,
Getting that smile, camera angle, and pose all timed just right is a real challenge.
Thankfully we are living in the digital age and we can snap as many pics as we desire
until we get it right.
For me it's usually fairly easy to get a smile. Now the camera angle and everything else may
take 50 - 100 pics, but at that point I've had enough wine to keep that smile on my face! Ha Ha !
If the wine isn't flowing, and the pics aren't coming out, I'll just keep snapping pics.
An occasional "F- You" yelled at the camera usually helps!

And Adriana, with the year end review you've posted, you should have a smile on your face until 2018!

Smile everyone this is supposed to be something we enjoy!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Claire Cook
01-29-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm another one who looks like I'm forcing a smile when I'm having a pic taken. But out and about is another story -- when someone looks at me I just smile, and when they smile back (especially other women) well, that just makes my day.

Barbara Jo
01-29-2016, 11:54 AM
I will just say that some (male and female) have a"million dollar smile".
Others, have a not so great smile and everything in between but, they the still smile.

However, I agree that we all should smile more.
I think part of the problem is that some try to look sexy and the just wind up looking stern, etc,
forgetting that females smile also and that a smiling female can indeed be feminine and sexy.

If you know how to laugh, you know how to smile.
So when taking a pic, think of something funny .:)

Tara Rushing
01-29-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't agree that all selfie smiles are fake. I smile in most of mine because I am actually happy! (novel concept)....

Because those of us still in the closet.....aren't out getting pics snapped of us in casual, off the cuff moments.....

Jenny22
01-29-2016, 12:40 PM
A grin is not a smile. It does not include the eyes! Next time you try to smile, try lifting your cheeks up to your eyes. That may help. The 'eyes' have it!

Alice Torn
01-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Smiling has not come so easy for me. I had to quit my business and job, 6 years ago, move 2000 miles,now very low income, to help my bitter, harsh old dad, after my brothers were arrested. The last few years. For 6 years now, i have had to care full or part time for my abusive, condescending 95 year old "father". He never wanted sons, compares me with others very negatively. One of my abusive older brothers was released from prison 3 1/2 years ago, and is here, making it difficult. My sister, 68, moved in to help, and she hates men, and has a severe speech impediment, and goes into a rage when i can't understand her. Five of my friends passed away the last few years. I WILL make an effort to smile more, in my photos, but, it is not easy, with all the emotional mental depression i know.

Tara Rushing
01-29-2016, 12:48 PM
A grin is not a smile. It does not include the eyes! Next time you try to smile, try lifting your cheeks up to your eyes. That may help. The 'eyes' have it!

Are you talking to me?

irene9999
01-29-2016, 05:26 PM
A smile (or even a fake one) can definitely improve your photos, I got a lot of comments when I started dressing about the lack of smile and can see difference now