PDA

View Full Version : DMV Gender Change & Female Privilege

Michelle789
01-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

Happy 2016!!! I haven't posted a thread of my own in quite a while, but I wanted to let you know that I have changed my gender through the DMV and my new driver's license has a photo that actually looks like me (not too horribly distorted actually), and a little letter "F" representing my female gender. I haven't yet changed my name or gender through the courts. Yes, California allows this. I have personal reasons for not changing my name right now, although I have plans of doing so eventually.

I also called up my auto insurance company to update the gender, which they go by DMV records. Guess what? My auto insurance rate will decrease because females pay a little less in auto insurance than males. I'm not saying this is truly "privilege", but it is one of the positive things women get in our very patriarchical male dominated culture.

:) Michelle :)

MarieTS
01-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Good for you, Michelle! And who ever said the DMV is a nightmare? LOL
It certainly worked out for you. It is surprising how smooth the drive can go once you commit. Will there be a few potholes along the way? And how! But you will get around them. Good for you on accomplishing one of the critically important steps!

I Am Paula
01-27-2016, 10:48 PM
My insurance went down a bit. Felt great. Welcome to the F drivers club.

Jennifer-GWN
01-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Michelle... Big hug and congrats. Yes like you my insurance went down quite a bit. Obviously I'm a much better driver now. Ha ... In actuality I'm really worse and clearly upholding the social memme associated with woman drivers. As well yes nice to get an f in sex (borrowing that one from Paula).

Getting your first ID is freeing.

Enjoy... Cheers... Jennifer

Cheyenne Skye
01-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Yeah I think my insurance dropped a whole dollar a month when i got the gender changed.:brolleyes:

Suzanne F
01-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Michelle,
Congrats!!! I know that feeling of getting that female California drivers license.
Suzanne

grace7777
01-28-2016, 01:43 AM
Michelle.

Congratulations on getting your drivers license changed to female.

Michelle789
01-28-2016, 02:15 AM
As well yes nice to get an f in sex (borrowing that one from Paula).

Actually, an F is considered a better grade than M. Sorry guys!!!

karenpayneoregon
02-21-2016, 05:13 PM
My insurance dropped two hundred dollars and never thought about it and that I went from a Toyota Camry to a Mazda Miata sports car and thought the insurance would be more for a sports car.