PDA

View Full Version : Surgeon Visit

Suzanne F
01-28-2016, 01:44 AM
I had my breast augmentation consult today with Dr Satterwhite. I will have SRS and BA on May 12th. He took measurements and discussed what size I wanted. We think about 450cc will be right. I don't want too big but he thinks my size warrants that size. He said he will have different sizes there and make the final decision after trying a few during the surgery. I agreed that he would make the final decision based on what looks best as long as he knows I am not trying to be too large.

Then we discussed the SRS more and my diabetes. My A1C was too high last test and I have to get it down to 7 or below. I aml not worried. I am training for Boston Marathon and have already dropped 7 pounds. I just had not adjusted to the hormones and my sugar. I have to test again about 3 weeks before the surgery.

So the next time I see the doctor will be the day before I have surgery. I have to go into the office for final instructions. I can't believe it! 104 days away!
Suzanne

prene
01-28-2016, 01:52 AM
Good luck.
Will you have the forms above or below the muscle?
I am envious ... i am also run Marathons. Did you qualify? Can I ask your time?
my best is ~3:07
Love to hear from you.
Prene

Jennifer-GWN
01-28-2016, 06:41 AM
Suzanne;

You've raised a question I've had regarding BAs and determining size. I'm surprised they don't provide something that would allow someone to test drive privately alternate sizes. Seems to me there's always a bit of thumb in the air approach associated with the size of the implants. I know there's choice between enclosed and ones that get filled as part of the procedure allowing for variability to help achieve symmetry in outcome.

I'm sure your in good hands with your surgeon and their experience here.

You've not long to wait. I'm sure the butterflies are building.

All my best.

Cheers... Jennifer

Heidi Stevens
01-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Looks like you can see the finish line of the marathon, Suzanne! And I'm not talking the one in Boston. As things get closer, rely on your plan and push to finish line. Best of luck.

Suzanne F
01-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Yes I qualified as 50 year old with a 3:17. 3:07 is crazy fast. Hats off!

My implants will be below the muscle. My surgeon thinks they have a more natural appearance that way.
Suzanne

I Am Paula
01-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Actually, Jennifer, I was surprised at the amount of measuring, and drawing on me with sharpy. Then, he brought out appropriate forms to try. I still think that a good surgeon, with TS experience is golden. I went with my surgeon's advice, and the results are perfect ( you've seen them). The same guy also did my friend Christine's, and hers are equally awesome.

PretzelGirl
01-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Yes, one of the problems with the measuring system is the measurement being in cc is only relative to body size. A 325 cc increase on a small lady can be a couple of cups and at best a cup on a larger lady.

Suzanne, almost double digits! Sounds great! I am still hoping for a cancellation to move me up. It doesn't look like I am getting Paula's original Feb 9th date.

Cindy J Angel
01-28-2016, 10:02 PM
I am so happy for u love cindy

Kris Avery
01-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Suzanne,

I want to hear all the details along the way - since I'm right behind you in July after his time off in June.

We still are hoping to hope to meet you when my wife and I are out in SFO area for my turn with him.

No BA for me since the girls are already large enough to be trouble - as-is :doh:

Hugs
Wendy

Marcelle
01-31-2016, 06:02 AM
Hi Suzanne,

So glad to hear things are falling in place for you.

Cheers

Marcelle

Eringirl
01-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Hi Suzanne. Good for you. Your date is going to come fast! Hope all goes well. So excited for you.

Suzanne F
02-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Thanks ladies! Wendy we will see you for sure !
Suzanne

Eryn
02-01-2016, 12:42 AM
Suzanne, I'm so happy for you! I have another friend doing a consult in Scottdale tomorrow. Lots of good news this week!

JenniferZ2009
02-01-2016, 10:02 AM
I am so happy for you and jealous at the same time. I think I want SRS not but definitely would like breast augmentation and FFS first though.

Wendy me
02-02-2016, 08:27 AM
way cool on the visit ... see thats what i think on the boobs i am a 38 c now and i like them just fine but i am 5' 7'' and 145 pounds sometimes they get kinda lost in there .... i have jigglers that i am trying they look good a cup bigger than what i have sounds stupid but i think they are too big but thinging doing them more and getting a better feel for them ..... run girl run.....congrads

MarieTS
02-03-2016, 02:02 AM
Suzzanne--prepare for some bouncing at 450cc :o I was implanted with 400cc and I was astonished when I jogged with them the first time. Immediate trip to the running store for a new sports bra. Yes, a problem I was surprised about, yet enjoyed having. :o