PDA

View Full Version : SO tells - what do you look for

Lisa85
02-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Last post did not go well, so I guess I was confused.

Trying again. Looking for examples of tells. Tells is kind of a poker term, when a mannerism tells whether the hand is good, average, or very poor.
I give away too many tells and can't play poker...

So what tells have you seen?

Some that are familiar to me are:

longer time to respond
less eye contact
facial expressions out of character
change in nervous behavior.

I have recently made a behavior change which is as of today working, but look to identify tells that SO's might give to indicate that the initial comment is changing.
Read many posts along the lines of at first it was great and ok but now is is worst than DADT, so looking for early warnings of a change in mind

Jenniferathome
02-01-2016, 10:44 PM
but you are not playing poker with an SO. How about just talking to her? Yeah, I know, its a crazy idea.

Nadine Spirit
02-01-2016, 11:31 PM
I agree with talking with her instead of trying to determine what she is thinking from her looks.

renellecd
02-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Unless you are a mind reader you cannot know what SO is thinking. Also, your mind might be the one creating "multi-realities" that just aren't there. I think you should just start talking more and thinking less.

Ally 2112
02-02-2016, 02:05 AM
If you want to tell her then do it having her guess is way easier which i understand .In the end go for it talk to her im not saying it will be better or easier than hiding this and waiting for a miracle :)

pamela7
02-02-2016, 04:54 AM
if you're lousy at poker, don't play it. Shift from cards to chess, where all is open and on the board - talk.

Lisa85
02-02-2016, 08:09 AM
if you're lousy at poker, don't play it. Shift from cards to chess, where all is open and on the board - talk.

I almost laughed out breakfast. I gave up on poker decades ago, and play computer chess to wake up.

Thank you all for the advice

pamela7
02-02-2016, 09:05 AM
nothing like a bit of feminine intuition! xxx