PDA

View Full Version : Old dogs new tricks

Meghan4now
02-02-2016, 09:02 AM
So a year ago, I posted my first post, an intro called Dog Barking. In that year, has this old dog learned anything from being here?

Well, yes of course. I did pick up a trick or two on cleavage, I discovered that the range of T-something is broader and richer than expected. I found some actual friends, learned that your mileage may vary quite a bit.

I found out why social media is addictive. I was reminded that just because you share a few interest, not everyone is going to be your BFF. I discovered that my face looks fat in photographs, but it looks better with the right angle.

I figured out that not only do I like looking like a girl, I love spending time socializing in that role.

My hope in comming here was:
1. I would meet some friends and help my self navigate the world outside the closet. Accomplished.
2. I wanted to help spread a message of hope and to people on this board. I don't know how well I've done that.

Anyway, I thought a one year reflection would be a good way to thank so many here who have shared this journey with me, and for encouragement when I needed it.

bridget thronton
02-02-2016, 09:33 AM
A very thoughtful post - this forum has encouraged growth on my part well beyond fashion choices

MarciManseau
02-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Happy "first birthday" :) I hope you'll come here a lot and teach others what you've learned.

mykell
02-02-2016, 09:52 AM
congratz on your first year meg,

hope you will continue to share and learn more along your path.
enjoy your girly side....

wooof....

michelleddg
02-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Hey Meghan! Such a positive contribution to this little group. Always thoughtful, upbeat, polite with that wry sense of humor. Great meeting you live and up close last year, looking forward to our reunion in full regalia, and thanks for all the encouragement and fun chatter. Onward! Hugs, Michelle

CourtneyJamieson
02-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Nice post Meghan and congrats on your anniversary Just wanted to address your point #2 with an acknowledgement that you have done a great job with your posts. Thank you. I always seek out your posts when I am exploring a thread because I have learned in a short period of time that you are wise and often quite humorous. And I find I often agree with you. Keep up the great posts for another year!

Melody A
02-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Meghan,
Congrats on your first year, Darlin'! May the next bring many more wonderful experiences.

Big hugs :)

Mel

Karen RHT
02-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Congrats on your first year Meghan. Great post.

Karen