PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Peningtons

Daintre
02-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Hi, I live in Alberta, and we have a chain of ladies stores called Penington's Superstore. This store is for heavier women (BBW), I am a heavy CD so this is my store. I went to Peningtons today, the first time in about 1/2 year, I was looking at nighties when I was approached by a clerk who said to me " I haven't seen you in quite a while " I was surprised that I was noticed or even remembered as I try to be as invisible as I can. This clerk and her partner helped me selecting panties, a nighty, blouses and slacks. I was so surprised, they treated me like I was their best customer. when I went to pay the clerk reminded me to use my discount card, which I had forgotten, she went as far as to look up my name in a binder to get my card number. I left the store feeling so great and when I got home I phoned the store and told them that I was so happy with the treatment I received. Well I just had to share that
:bs:

Billijo49504
02-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Fantastic, good for you, That's the way to do it. Call the store and compliament the employees, It makes them feel good when the boss passes the message on to them. Then the boass knows they are doing their job. And making the customers happy. Besides making your day, it made theirs. You did very good!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Victoria Pink
02-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Super! Awesome!

Victoria

Daintre
02-18-2006, 04:34 AM
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I post and I do not get the responces I thought I would. I am thinking that what I have to offer is not what is needed in this forum, so I will try to belong and respond to the posts that affect me.

GypsyKaren
02-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Relax, will you? You're doing just fine, it's still the middle of the night, all is well. Your story shows that stores just want to make a sale, they're not going to pass judgement while doing it. I'm so glad you had a good time!

Karen

RachelDenise
02-18-2006, 07:43 AM
What a nice day, especially the way they made you feel so comfortable! I'm sure you're going back!

Julie Avery
02-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Sounds like a great trip, Satin, the level of acceptance you enjoyed had to be wonderfully gratifying.

Lindahexi
02-18-2006, 08:54 AM
What a marvelous experience at Peningtons, I'm sooo envious, I wish I could find a store that was so understanding and helpful. You did the right thing ringing them and thanking them, I'm sure they appreciated your thoughtfulness. Next time you go there you will obviously be relaxed and able to browse the stock to your hearts content. Do they allow you to try garments on? skirts and dresses etc.

Hugs,

Linda.

KathrynW
02-18-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I post and I do not get the responces I thought I would. I am thinking that what I have to offer is not what is needed in this forum, so I will try to belong and respond to the posts that affect me.
Yours isn't the only post here...ya know? Maybe cut back on the caffeine?
I dunno... ;)

Joanne_'jojo'
02-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Hhmmm... give me a clue as to which Penningtons.
I've had good service there too, mostly I think they can see the nerves from the parking lot and try their best to make you comfortable.

I bought a couple of things back in fall and got the sizing on a skirt wrong, they are a little more generous than dept store sizing (Sears), I was able to alter it a little to fit and all is good.
I'd like to try Reitmans as well.

Joanne

Paula Rae
02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey Satin,

240 hits and 10 responses, thats not so bad for a cute little story. I've had better and a lot worse too.

Thanks for the nice story, it's good to hear some positive stories. :clap:

Ricki B