PDA

View Full Version : To the gym and beyond

jenn
02-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Hey all,

I went to the gym yesterday. Down 20 lbs so far! Yippee! I wore a pair of Impact by Jillian michaels leggings w/ matching headband, a grey sports tank(built in sports bra) and a black semi fitted tank top. After my work out I hemmed and hawed running a few errands. I brought a change of drab clothes with me just incase. I decided to just stay in my workout wear and run a few daytime errands. I went to the auto parts store for new wiper blades. No bad reactions at all. Then to the bank to make a deposit. I almost took the drive through route, but decided to go in. The teller smiled when I got to her and she commented on my thumb ring and said that it was pretty. I said thank you and complimented her on her necklace.

All in all it was a great outing.

Thanks for reading!

Jenn

pamela7
02-04-2016, 03:12 PM
congratulations, when will you be ready to put Bo-peep's outfit on? (beyond infinity?)

AmyVanessa
02-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Awesome you're down twenty lbs. Keep up the good work.
I love wearing my leggings to the gym, and to Zumba Class, and I always have a bra and panties on underneath my outfit, it does make things more fun.

S. Lisa Smith
02-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Wow!! I'd love to lose 15 or 20, but I don't have your resolve! Great outting!!

bridget thronton
02-05-2016, 02:02 AM
Good work on 20 pounds

Sarasometimes
02-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Down 20, congrats! Just looking for some details, were you otherwise looking male? What type of gym do you go to? What do you do for your workouts? Are they general exercises or more geared toward what women work on? How about your footwear?
I just started doing some at home workouts using Fitness Blender on YouTube, working out with Kelli is fun and I feel much better. Certainly doing them in my women's Under Armour bike shorts and sports bra does add a bit more pleasure to the workout.
Keep up the good work!

MarciManseau
02-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Good job on the weight loss, Jenn :) And the Zumba is really good for your heart. We do some of that here at home when the mood strikes us, but not enough.

Marcelle
02-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Hi Jenn,

Congrats on the weight loss. Exercise has many benefits for CDing for sure but the health benefits are by far the best . . . keep at it. :)

Cheers

Marcelle

jenn
02-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Down 20, congrats! Just looking for some details, were you otherwise looking male? What type of gym do you go to? What do you do for your workouts? Are they general exercises or more geared toward what women work on? How about your footwear?
I just started doing some at home workouts using Fitness Blender on YouTube, working out with Kelli is fun and I feel much better. Certainly doing them in my women's Under Armour bike shorts and sports bra does add a bit more pleasure to the workout.
Keep up the good work!

Hey Sara,

What I am doing is a combination of diet and exercise. I have basically cut out all "bad carbs". I eat lots of leafy greens, lean protein and mostly good fats IE: avocado, egg whites, nuts and seeds. I started by walking about 20 to 30 min three days a week for two weeks. Now I am walking 45 min to 1hr and 15 min 5 days a week. I am doing mostly cardio. The only muscle work I am doing is body weight exercises such as squats and side legraises. The reason for this is I am hoping to lose some size in my shoulders and arms.

Jenn

AnnieMac
02-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Here is Annie's entry diet that will lose you twenty pounds without even thinking about it much:

No Butter
No Soft Drinks, just water.
No Beer (that's the hardest for me)
No Potato Chips or Potatoes ( I love them but they are pure sugar bombs )
Limit portions of Pasta and/or rice, and also breads
No Mikki Ds

Get more exercise - even if it's just a small walk per day. I personally love swimming when I can.

Now off to practice what I preach. I gained back 5O lbs that had lost some time ago and it slowly crept back on in the last three years. Only because I was being lazy and didn't keep track of what I was doing.

Ustour
02-06-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm actually doing p90x. It's a great tool to get I shape but without watching how you eat the fat really doesn't go anywhere

jenniferinsf
02-07-2016, 09:48 AM
well done, wrt to gym and amy's comment. i wear leggings and top to pilates and zumba also...however, as my wife and i go to the same (upscale) club she as asked that i not underdress so as not to be too noticeable in the locker rooms....:sad: but i sucked it up and agreed. not sure how that really helps as the tan lines around by two piece swimsuit give it away. i wear the towel to the sauna, steam and showers woman's style hi as opposed on on waist.

TaraGrace
02-07-2016, 10:10 AM
congrats on the day Jenn! :)

After some hurdles of injury and stress at work, I'm back on track for the spring season too (just in time), still got a little to go till the first marker I want to reach and it'll be back to the gym for me too (mainly cardio).

How you checked out whey-shakes yet?
I actually got very fond of them and seem to be one of the few people who actually liked them water and not milk based.
They come in many flavours, so I recommend trying the tester bags to find a taste that is yum for your tastebuds..
perfect little reward after a good workout :)

x Tara

Suzanne F
02-07-2016, 10:51 AM
I started back training for the Boston Marathon last month. I joined Isogenix so I have 2 shakes a day with one meal of usually chicken over salad having about 500 calories. I am up to 35 miles a week of running. I have lost 9 pounds and am down to 169. I plan on being 155 within 6 weeks. I run in Boston in late April and then have SRS and BA on May 12th. I want to be in best shape possible to help me recover as quick as possible.
Suzanne

Sarasometimes
02-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Wow a marathon, good luck! If you train in SF the hills of Boston should be easy! Will you be running enfemme? You are doing this while on HRT I would imagine? Also what is BA? Being in good shape should help with any surgical recovery! Let us know how the race goes.