PDA

View Full Version : Things I have learned....

Emma_Forbes
02-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Hi Girls,

Please excuse the rather self-indulgent nature of this post but if a girl can't be self-indulgent sometimes.....

I have learned much from this forum in the last year and have put into practice some of the things I have learned. I am more out than I used to be and planning and preparing to go further. So, for my own benefit as much as anyone else's and as an encouragement to others, these are some of the things I have learned.

1. Ladies jeans are great. I have never really worn men's jeans but ladies' are just sooo comfy.

2. For every 2 items I buy via ebay only 1 will be ok. I wonder if the same goes for mall shopping?

3. Pantyhose (tights) suck. Give me stockings or hold-ups any day.

4. Shaved legs are not meant for men's fabrics. Womens' are so much better - they don't irritate the skin.

5. If you need an excuse for shaving your legs, or piercing your ears, it doesn't always have to be the same excuse. I have different ones for the kids, friends, personal trainer etc.

6. Shaving under my arms is the best and has helped hugely with bodily scent!

7. Most people probably haven't noticed that I shaved my legs. Those that have are too polite or nervous to say anything. Those that do say something probably know why anyway.

8. Eyes are delicate so eye makeup should be delicate too.

9. Be comfortable. Getting dressed is a normal daily function. Sometimes just wearing jeans, t-shirt, bra and knickers is enough. I don't have to be drop-dead gorgeous every time (here's wishing!) Relax in your lifestyle.

10. "Other people don't live their life for you, why should you live your life for them" - thanks again to Tammi for this one. So helpful.

Well that'll do I think. Too much indulgence is bad for you e.g. chocolate!

Hugs to all

Emma

melissacd
02-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Emma,

This is not an indulgence, this is an excellent summation of lessons learned. What you are saying is that by participating in this forum and sharing with like minded individuals that you have learned a whole lotta wonderful things about yourself.

I too must agree that this forum and the many wonderful individuals that I have met and chatted with have taught me to be accepting of myself, my cross dressing and all of he wonderful things that cross dressing brings into your life. For so many years I treated cross dressing as an afflication. Now I treat it as a gift and I could not imagine not being a cross dresser. Mostly I have this group of wonderful individuals to thank for opening my eyes to this truth.

So Emma, you are not indulging, you are celebrating and appreciating the gift of cross dressing and I want to thank you for sharing that celebration with the rest of us.

Huggs
Melissa

RachelDenise
02-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks for sharing Emma. This is the whole point of the forum---self-expression and bonding with those who have similar interest. Your thoughts only add to the big picture here.:D

Laurie Ann
02-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Emma thanks for sharing. I am glad that you have become more comfortable and confident in your outlook and dressing after all thats what friends are for.

lela
02-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I agree with you. This forum has taught me so much in the short time I've been here. Everything from dressing and makeup tips, to dealing with the problems that come up in the life of a cd'er. Being part of this group is starting to give me the courage to venture out of the closet, and to be my true self. It's nice to know that you have the support of a bunch of wonderful ladies. I love this forum.

Sarah Rabbit
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi all

The comments regarding this forum are spot on. Melissacd's comments were right on the mark. I love this forum and have found it a haven and a great plaace to learn about myself and the community in general. I try to log on whenever I can.

Hugs, Sarah

TracyDeluxe
02-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Nice observations, and I especially indentify with #2 and #9.

Although if you get one 1 out of 2 of your ebay purchases to fit, I S! you! My ratio is more on the line of 1 out of 3 or 4, LOL!

uknowhoo
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Thank you, Emma, for sharing your impressions and experiences.

It seems you've come a long way in the past month or so,
I'm so happy for you. ;)

Hugs,

Tammi

Jodi Lynn
02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Not only has this fourm helped most of us girls find ourselfs, it has given many the courage to go further in there expression of ther true selfs, and yes to even come out to a S.O. BTW I tried on my first pair of ladies jeans the other day, WOW what a fit and so very comfortable.