PDA

View Full Version : Peace in the midst of chaos

JanePeterson
02-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Along the lines of Becky's post about the few good moments to be found....

As I'm writing this... I am sitting on the couch with my mom, who just met Jane for the first time today.. We're having some drinks and watching Star Trek..

Both of our lives are pretty jacked at the moment (her issues are unrelated to my transness thank god)

But despite the complete unknown and certainly life changing months to come, just for a while, I'm just relaxing with my mom- without judgement or even much tension.

This is a good day

Jane

Jennifer-GWN
02-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Moms are the best. I dearly miss the fact that I was not able to reach this point with my mom before her passing. I'm quite sure she would have approved with a warm hug. However in lieu of that I do have one very special lady who represents the closest surrogate to having a real mom and she means so much.

Enjoy and cherish the time you have with her.

Cheers... Jennifer

Marcelle
02-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Hi Jane,

Very nice to hear . . . mom's are great.

Cheers

Marcelle

PretzelGirl
02-07-2016, 04:25 PM
My Mom was my most nerve wracking coming out. I knew it would be fine... but it was Mom. I am happy you are in the good place.

JanePeterson
02-07-2016, 04:57 PM
I was so nervous all morning before she arrived - spent most of the night trying to decide if I should dress full-out or casual? Male mode was pretty much impossible, but she knew I would be Jane, but HOW Jane...let my wife pick my outfit, but did make sure I was on with my makeup - hard to decide if I should try and let her see her old son thru the presentation... Or if I should try and look as good as I can so she doesn't worry about me passing? I opted for #2... But voice is def still male today.

Then, when I heard her car door close, I just locked up - she came in, big hug... And what has been a pretty normal day ever since.

Can't see any other of my family being that hard... Except for dad - holy &;@? I can't even...

MissDanielle
02-07-2016, 05:00 PM
That's great. I only hope I can have the same moment with my mom someday--well, she won't watch sci-fi shows or movies but that's another story for another day.

becky77
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
That's really promising Jane.

I remember how nervous I was when my Mum and Dad first came over to see the new me.
My Mum is such an airhead despite knowing what to expect she didn't realise it was me answering the door!
She doesn't always get it but she is fully supportive, we are closer now than ever before

Megan G
02-07-2016, 07:26 PM
That's great Jane!!!

prene
02-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Great u have that support

Cheyenne Skye
02-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Consider yourselves lucky. My mother barely talks to me and when she does, she will only use my birth name.

Suzanne F
02-08-2016, 01:59 AM
Jane
Congratulations! I am so envious. My parents have still never seen me. I am not sure when that will ever happen. I remind myself that I am blessed with a supporting wife and three beautiful accepting children. We are all in this together!
Suzanne

dreamer_2.0
02-08-2016, 05:51 AM
Lovely post, Jane! Short and sweet. :)

LeaP
02-08-2016, 09:30 AM
...she didn't realise it was me answering the door!

Unbelievable, isn't it? Yet the same thing happened to me with my therapist. But your mother!

becky77
02-08-2016, 11:33 AM
She is proper dopey though lol.

Stephanie Sometimes
02-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Wonderful that your mom is cool with Jane. I will chime in with Jennifer that to be sure to enjoy the time with your mom. My mom has been gone for quite a while now and like Jennifer I am sad that when I reached this point in my life that she is not around to discuss it with me. She would have done her best to try to understand and accept me as trans. My dad is gone as well but I don't think he would have ever been able to talk to me about and would have had a hard time acknowledging it but I will never know.