PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

MissDanielle
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
I started telling family members. The response has been very much supportive except for one cousin who says I am not right and needs help. Even the cousins that I thought would not be accepting were supportive! My most religious friends couldn't believe what this cousin did.

I had one request and that was not to call the house seeing as how much my parents are in denial right now (they still think I'm nuts). This cousin's siblings have all been supportive. Her brother-in-law said not to worry about her. I've known this person my entire life but because they think that everyone LGBT is not right and need help, they decided to end the relationship without even give me the time of day to talk.

Saturday was one of those days in which I didn't even want to get out of bed, no thanks to my brother and his mouth. Getting through this last week before moving is going to be fun (sarcasm).

Laura912
02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
One negative among all the positives can have an amazing impact. Remember the line from the song and "try to accentuate the positives."

I Am Paula
02-08-2016, 10:28 AM
I'd say your odds are pretty good right now, and, there's always the possibility that cousin will come around.

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
I hope the come around but they flat out defriended/blocked me on FB.

dreamer_2.0
02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
In a way, your cousin isn't incorrect. There is something wrong with you and you do need help...just not in the way they think.

Chin up, hon. There aren't many of us who get through this unscathed. I've had tremendous support from all but one sister and her husband. Like Laura said, focus on the positives. This is easier said than done, I know. I'm pretty crappy at it too....but it does help at least somewhat.

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 01:58 PM
So far only two negative responses. But you would think with what things have been like over the last year that people would at least be understanding. But to not even listen or hear what I have to say? I cried myself to sleep last night.

Jennifer-GWN
02-08-2016, 02:25 PM
You can't dictate how others feel or the stance they take. At best you should hope that those who lean to the negative at least give you a chance... But this would be their decision. Keep your approach open for questions. I told everyone that no question (within reason) would go unanswered.

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 02:43 PM
their initial question was: why do you think this will help you?

i responded. they didn't respond to my response and in turn, went against my feelings and request by calling my parents--my parents didn't even know that i came out to family until my brother said something about it on Friday and that led to another fight.

dreamer_2.0
02-08-2016, 05:01 PM
While the arrows have already been released, I'm curious how much planning you did for coming out to so many people so quickly? Was this outcome expected? What did your therapist say in approaching this?

I admire your courage in moving forward so quickly, goodness knows I could use more courage, but I really have to wonder what you were thinking would happen given the conservative environment around you that you've described on multiple occasions.

Sorry if this was crass at all, it just seems like you pulled the pin on a grenade without fully considering the consequences.

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 05:18 PM
the grenade was pulled in November when I emailed my parents...if not then, i'd have started getting questions next week when I start posting photos from improv shows on Facebook. i go to Sephora a week from Sunday and later that night, an improv show where i plan to take photos. if i don't wipe off my makeup that well, there would be questions for sure.

i spoke with a few cousins before the end of the new year and they are close to my age. one said that there would be family members that would be supportive.

there was one family in particular that i thought would be rejecting and so far, they have been supportive. of all the families, they are the most religious by far.

dreamer_2.0
02-08-2016, 05:22 PM
HRT, finances, employment, living arrangements, therapist..all these are going well?

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 06:34 PM
hormones appt is set, finances are good, four job interviews are booked, studio apartment is paid for, therapist will be under the same roof as where I go for hormones.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, lovely. The screaming started up again...worse than yesterday...the I can't be trans because I never showed any of the signs.

JanePeterson
02-08-2016, 07:17 PM
might be better to just stop everything... no more telling anyone or doing anything, other than holding your breath till you have your own place... pour yourself into getting established and independent, then start worrying about what YOU need to do to transition if thats what you want. once you are stable and on the path, then you can worry about family and friends. just a thought,

Jane

*standard non transitioner disclaimer - haven't been there but thats what i would do*

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm focused on getting to Monday.