PDA

View Full Version : At the end of the line?

Peggie Lee
02-07-2016, 08:51 PM
The train has arrived at the end of the line, when I first got on it took all my concentration, courage and desperate longing to board. Its been long fearful with much anxiety for this 2 year voyage to find myself.
Once aboard I found new friends and causes to believe in for it tempered my journey to know I was not alone. I have watch others boarding the train after me with the same anxiety in their eyes, also watching as some get off train for many reasons stopping their journey which would make me question my own trip down this line. There are many paths to this journey some longer some shorter.
As I stand on the platform at the end of the line I don't know where to go from here, I have spent all my efforts on getting here that I have not really planned on what to do next but I feel so renewed and without any doubt that this is the right place to be, I will set off into my new world the woman I always was.

Peggie Lee

Jennifer-GWN
02-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Peggie;

Is the feeling not unlike sitting at school graduation. A long road travelled. Much learned, a life shaped in many unmeasurable ways. A person with the world in the palm of their hands. Sure tomorrow the sun will come up as it always does but what's different. YOU. Welcome to the rest of your life. Make the most of it you can, give and share where possible, and acknowledge the accomplishments you've achieved to get here. No other challenges will equal or come close to that which you've just gone through.

So your really not at the end of the line but actually just the end of the driveway looking at the road ahead. Sure there's unknowns; again not unlike graduating from school, but world of new and exciting experiences and opportunities.

Don't let anything stand in the way.

Congratulations ... You've graduated!!!!

Cheers... Jennifer

Bria
02-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Be it graduation, retirement, divorce, sometimes big milestones in our life catch us with out immediate plans for the future. It may seem that a door have closed behind us, but ahead is the rest of life, a yet uncharted course. Take a little time to check out the options and then chart YOUR course.

As I was approaching retirement, several years ago I recognized that I needed to know what I was going to do when I didn't get up in the morning and go off to work. I haven't fully retired yet, so my plans are not set in stone yet, but I have several things in mind, so my future is not blank, it's still got several forks in the road ahead.

I hope that you find that there is another train that leaves that station soon that has a destination that will be fulfilling for you!!

Hugs, Bria

pamela7
02-08-2016, 07:01 AM
congratulations. After a long journey one might rest a while first before any new adventures - enjoy the fruits!

I Am Paula
02-08-2016, 09:52 AM
As Bria stated. This is one milestone of many more. Congrats.

Stephanie Sometimes
02-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Hi Peggie, I like that metaphor a lot. In fact it helped me to finally make the decision to seek HRT as I knew that "This train has left the station" and I was on board mentally for sure so I had better come to accept it. And I am not sure where the train is going or how far the trip is. And then, like you, when the train gets there I am not sure what happens then. Are we crazy or what? Hell no, I prefer "fearless" or a lot of other similar words. It could all be very scary but in fact it just seems so right and so late in coming that I wish I had hopped this train a long time ago because I plan to enjoy the damn ride however challenging it may be.

Congratulations Peggie on getting to the end of that difficult yet miraculous train trip and all the best in finding where that next leg of your journey is headed!

Cindy J Angel
02-10-2016, 08:39 PM
You are deserving of everything you could aver went you have come so far and now you have a hole new world to discover. I hope to be discovery along with you love Cindy

Peggie Lee
02-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Standing alone here at the end of the line so many problems awaited me, no job, no one close and lots of voices calling from the dark saying come this way and I wonder if they are talking to me. My trip these last two years were to establish a new foundation to build myself on, not worrying about what future awaited. Now that future is here and I am afraid for the first time. I missed out on all the normal personal and social development that people get because I did not fit in or I was not allowed to experience that life I identified as. I was a actor always playing a role not of my choosing.
The only thing that rings true now is to not listen to these voices in the dark, I must listen to my heart an choose a path of my on making based on who I know myself to be and follow it.

Rianna Humble
02-11-2016, 12:45 AM
The future can be a scary place but it's the only one we've got.

Whatever the future holds for you, I know you will face it with dignity and courage.

But if you ever want the virtual company of your old friends from TS forum, give us a shout, some of us will still be here even if (in my case) not all here :heehee: