PDA

View Full Version : 'Cause it's the right thing to do

I Am Paula
02-08-2016, 10:52 AM
I was reading a Facebook post about authenticity, and spent a retrospective moment.
I was pretty sure I was gay from a young age, but I hid it- Because it was the right thing to do.
I really wanted to wear women's clothes, but had never heard of such a thing, so I hid it- Because it was the right thing to do.
I dreamed of being a woman, but kept my mouth shut- Because it was the right thing to do.
When the urge was too strong to suppress, I presented female, but only in the gay village- Because it was the right thing to do.
I lived in a powerful matriarchy, and to please my mother, I married women...3 of them!- Because it was the right thing to do.
I presented male day to day, for many years, knowing it was a lie- Because it was the right thing to do.
I suffered in silence- Because it was the right thing to do.

53 years after being diagnosed male at birth, I realized almost everything I believed in was false, and I transitioned-
Because it was the right thing to do.

MissDanielle
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Reading things like these make me feel better after the weekend I had because it shows to prove that I'm not alone in this.

PretzelGirl
02-09-2016, 06:39 AM
It is sad the lack of social education and acceptance had this impact on us. I look at our youth and how they are being themselves at a young age and see we are on the right path. The right thing to do is starting to become right.

Raychel
02-09-2016, 07:50 AM
53 years after being diagnosed male at birth, I realized almost everything I believed in was false, and I transitioned-
Because it was the right thing to do.

I am glad you finally did the right thing to do.
We spend our whole lives doing what other people expect to be the right thing.
all the time never really doing what is right for ourselves.

Time to me ones self happy for a change. :thumbsup:

Rachel Smith
02-09-2016, 06:08 PM
That is one excellent post Paula

Wendy me
02-10-2016, 08:12 AM
very cool love it ... being "diffrent " lol is not easy nor is the right thing for everyone else .... my move to being "right" is slow i was thinking by now i would have been "right" .... all in good time i keep telling myslefe....

Cindy J Angel
02-10-2016, 08:29 PM
I know I tired of doing the right thing I just went to do my thing is that so wrong.. thank u it hits home