PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Steph
02-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Does anyone ever use veet? I used it and my body is super silky smooth for days with no red bumps. It makes me feel so femine.

kim in n.c.
02-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Steph, Iv'enever used the veet brand,but I have tried others. I didn't have very good results with any of them. They did leave my skin smooth, but they always left hair in spots all over my body . I ended up looking like a dog with the mange! :cry:
I'll stick with the old fashiod method. As a matter of fact , I started shaving 3 weeks ago for the first time in about 6 years. I did have red spots for a few days . I was alittle afraid to shave again. So, I bought an electric razor to keep it trimmed. It works pretty well as long as the hair is very short.
Last night I shaved with my razor, after a long bubble bath. I had the best results ever!:D No hair left,no spots, very soft skin. Im lovin it!!:)

Kim

monicawyer
02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
It's really good but a bit messy! And be carful about leaving it on your hands after application - it will start to eat away your nails!

Monica x

Gail Evans
02-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Best is to get waxed at a salon. Costs a bit more, but works well.
Also laser removal. Works for me, and now starting on my beard area - i'm tired of so much foundation.

Gail

Phyliss
02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Gail Evans, how correct you are about "waxing"

I discovered the joys of it this past August and haven't touched my razor except for my "mug".

While I understand the benefits of the "laser" there is a little thing about the $$$$$$$$ that bothers me.

Jonien
02-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I used Veet yes today on my chest it seemed to work but today the stubble is back so disappointing

Denise01
02-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I use Veet for sensative skin.

Ther first time i had a bit of an itch from it, but now it works fine. I find i need to use it about every 2 weeks.

It is a bit messy, but i love the results, and makes my skin feel nice and soft

Denise;)

Ashley Helen
02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I used Veet for my first attempt at hair removal. I was pleased with the results (even if my stomach looked like an oven-ready turkey) but chest and stomach hair started to grow back within a day or two.

Much better results on tops of arms and legs where I am just going to have to re-apply it after 5 weeks.

Love

Helen xx

elizabeth nicole
02-18-2006, 04:17 PM
i used veet one time for whole body felt like i was on fire everywhere but legs.now i use electric lady shaver for all but the legs.the veet keeps my legs clear for 3-4 weeks.and no bumps in the bikini area.and no dangers of cuts. make mine veet

Gale R
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
I prefer to use veet than shaving, but, as others have said, the hair does tend to grow back so quickly, so if you're CDing on a budget like me it can be expensive.
Never had any problem with my skin burning while using Veet just a little tingle when its ready to come off, it does say in the instructions to try a test area first to see if you're sensitive to it.;)

Hugs, Gale.

SweetMonica
02-18-2006, 08:34 PM
I have used Veet for my Leg love the results what I find haelps me is after i remove it per instruction I wash my legs down Real good to remove any traces of The veet never had any reactions this why

Kissses Monica

Jodi Lynn
02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi Steph, I have used Veet and Nair. It does feel great after useing. but most of the time I shave my chest, tummie and underarms. For some reason as I have gotten older the hair on my legs has stopped growing so I very seldom have to shave them.

Monica
02-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I use Veet on my legs and I am happy with. The rest of the body, I go for waxing.

Monica