PDA

View Full Version : Wife told me to throw away my last pair of male jeans!

lingerieLiz
02-09-2016, 12:42 AM
My wife has been complaining about a pair of men's jeans that I wear to do messy jobs outside. Today she told me, Get rid of those jeans and get some new women's jeans that fit you. I have several pairs of women's jeans and shorts which I wear most of the time. Both she and the daughters have commented I look better in women's bootcut jeans. I don't like skinny jeans as much since I don't have the long legs for them.

ReineD
02-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Good for you, Liz! When it comes down to it, jeans are pretty much unisex how and so it's just a question of finding the right cut for your body. :)

suzanne
02-09-2016, 12:54 AM
That's the kind of purge I like to hear about! Way to go!

Diversity
02-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Fantastic! I love and look better in women's boot cut skinny jeans as well. Love 'em! I am sure my wife knows as they are stitched in the waistline with the wording "tummy trimmer/slim bootcut". :)
Di

Belladdresser
02-09-2016, 08:28 AM
I have several pairs of women's jeans that I wear out all the time. My wife thinks they look good on me. Squats are important for making sure they fit right though.

BLUE ORCHID
02-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Hi Liz:hugs:, My jeans are now about half & half. ~~...:daydreaming:...

MarciManseau
02-09-2016, 09:07 AM
We must have 20 pairs of jeans, all different styles and cuts. All women's tho, and luckily we can share. That helps a lot with expenses.

I don't think I've had a pair of boy's jeans since I was 5 or 6. Hated them, so I wore my sister's.

Kellitgdet
02-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Hi Liz,
Love it.
I only wear woman's jeans also, I get complements all the time. Different pairs for different occasions. My GG friends that don't know grab my ass and tell me how good I look, makes me feel wonderful. I've even become the topic of discussion in groups of couples wondering and speculating what I wear underneath.
I am always tucked and wear panties.
Kelli

Sheren Kelly
02-09-2016, 09:10 AM
When it comes down to it, jeans are pretty much unisex how and so it's just a question of finding the right cut for your body. :)
Except for the pockets...pockets in women's cut jeans are useless for anything but pocket change, so wearing them in guy mode means I have to carry a bag as well, but I am getting used to that!

I take pride in being slim, so nicely cut jeans allow me to show off a bit.

MissDanielle
02-09-2016, 10:24 AM
It must be so awesome to have a supportive family!

After Monday, I'm never wearing guy jeans again. Khakis and trousers are a work in progress. But getting used to nothing in the front pocket is an adjustment (never kept my wallet in the back pocket). I've been carrying things in the jacket pocket since I'm not ready to start carrying a purse in public (I'll be at that point soon but not at the moment).

Just added two more pairs of jeans yesterday at Burlington: high waisted skinny jeans.

IamWren
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I had something similar happen to me, too, Liz.
I was wearing some Hanes boxer briefs and after having them on all day, sitting in them, bending, etc. I finally was getting into the shower later that evening. The wife saw them on me and said, "um. No. Those are going away. They look like you're wearing a skirt." They were all stretched out and quit baggy by this point. (From that statement alone I'm certain she would NOT like to see me wearing women's clothes)

However! She loves the way I look in women's briefs and boy-shorts.

Sure enough, the next day she had thrown away ALL my men's boxer briefs.
What the heck am gonna do if I have to go to the doc???
I bought a pack of new boxer briefs in that event. :)

Alexann
02-09-2016, 02:17 PM
I wear woman's jeans. I get them used on eBay most have a good description with waist and rise and Inseam measured. A size 10 waist varies from 28 to 32

Erica Marie
02-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Ok, so i dont see the problem :-)

Rileyaz
02-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Which is why it take them to a tailor and get the front pockets deepened.

Except for the pockets...pockets in women's cut jeans are useless for anything but pocket change, so wearing them in guy mode means I have to carry a bag as well, but I am getting used to that!

I take pride in being slim, so nicely cut jeans allow me to show off a bit.

Sarasometimes
02-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Lee Relaxed Fit At The Waist jeans have front pockets that can fit a small wallet and key...Plain stitched pockets too.

Cheryl T
02-09-2016, 04:22 PM
I have only 1 pair of men's jeans and until they die they will remain my go to for those dirty jobs.
I refuse to soil a pair of my good jeans that way. I'll suffer the baggy butt syndrome that Brett Farve seems to love so much in his Wrangler commercials just so that my nice tight bootcuts will last that much longer.

Donna St. Marten
02-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Who wears men 's jeans anymore? The fit is terrible.

Lauri K
02-09-2016, 07:53 PM
There was a day and time I kept around some of my old men's jeans around to paint / mow / mechanic etc.

But the men's jeans are all gone now, wore out and went away a pair at a time, been several years of using them up with messy tasks to just get rid of them.

The only male pants I have left is one pair of dress slacks, otherwise all the rest of my jeans are all women's. (10/12)

lingerieLiz
02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
I've worn women's jeans for at least 30+ years. From time to time I have bought guy jeans usually for something specific. Every time I do my wife doesn't like them. Several of my fem jeans have tears because they have been worn so much. Unfortunately I went on an eating bing over the holiday. Eating out with friends and old customers can grow pounds. Now I need to get it off. My wife wants me to get rid of a bunch of my men's T shirts, sweaters, etc. that are old. Soon I won't have any guy clothes which would be fine. Went to town for errands today wearing white light weight sweat shirt. While my bra didn't really show the light in the store showed the projection of the girls.

ADANY
02-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Agreed. I wish I could get rid of my male jeans. I like the fem long sweater and tight jeans look. High heels a big plus as well.

Robin414
02-10-2016, 12:08 AM
I threw out one of my last pairs of guy jeans (zipper broke) but my wife told me to take them to the taylor. I have WAY more woman's jeans but she says they look 'wierd' on me...ya, cuz I have an amazing back side 😂 ... butt for a guy? 😐

pamela7
02-10-2016, 02:19 AM
that's just gloating Liz :-)))
the last time i put on men's clothes my wife pulled a big grimace and told me to get changed (back into ladies) [that's me gloating too]

GemmaK
02-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Many years ago I was looking for a pair of jeans and my wife suggested trying women's jeans. That's all I've got now.

ReineD
02-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Stores carry more tall sizes for women now. But when I was younger it was difficult to find pant legs long enough especially when I wanted to wear them with 3" booties and wanted them just skimming the ground (wider leg-bottoms were more popular then). I was a size 8 needing 34-35" inseam.

I did find a blue jeans brand (can't remember which one) in the male section of the store that weren't too loose in the thighs. They were low-rise enough to not matter about the fitting on the waist. I bought them because they suited my purpose but no way did I ever consider them "boy jeans" lol. They were just a pair of jeans that happened to be available on the men's side of the store that suited my length requirements better than any jeans I could find on the women's side of the store.

Now I'm happy with just a 32-33" inseam because I wear flats most of the time, and so I have no difficulty finding appropriate lengths in the women's sections. Women's jeans do tend to be tighter in the thigh and so I have more color choices there.

If we can't tell whether an item of clothing was purchased in the men's vs women's section, does it really matter which side of the store they are sold in?

EllenJo
02-10-2016, 10:45 PM
The first time my wife saw me in women's jeans she commented on how good they looked and how slim I looked wearing them. Now that's all I wear most of the time. of course I still keep a couple of pair of heavy Carhart jeans for those days that involve chain saws or car engines.

Hugs
Ellen Jo

Dakota1981
02-10-2016, 11:02 PM
I'd love to try a pair of boot cut women's jeans. I need to lose some weight for sure before I try a pair. That's my goal, to get rid of my man gut. Lol

Lisa85
02-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Sorry, missed the info training. Questions: what are the differences between womens & mens jeans, other than not at baggy. And why wear jeans vs a skirt or dress? am I missing something? CD is somewhat expensive as it is without adding jeans

SharonDenise
02-10-2016, 11:31 PM
I wear Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda plus size jeans. The plus size jeans have "male-sized" pockets. The stretch in women's jeans makes them more comfortable to wear than men's jeans. On the other hand, I haven't worn men's jeans in decades so I wouldn't know.

lingerieLiz
02-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Denise, why wear any women's clothes? Women's jeans have different cuts and a wider selection of styles and colors. I have always liked women's clothes and how they feel and look. At my age most women don't wear skirts or dresses. In my youth I was fortunate to be able to wear a lot of dresses etc. Today I wear what most women are wearing where I live. As for the cost, if you have dual wardrobes it could be expensive, but I don't buy much in the men's department.

Alice_2014_B
02-11-2016, 12:45 AM
That is very awesome!
Though I'm not a fan of women's jeans (only skirts and dresses for me) it is still very cool.
:)

lemon_meringue_tie
02-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Ha. I dunno, maybe you should keep them? It's good to have at least one pair of pants around that you really don't care about, like you said, just in case you need to do something that's messy or hard on your clothing. In my experience, fem jeans are not so much for utilitarian purposes. Hence the faux pockets.

I personally :<3: fem jeans. It may raise a few eyebrows around here, but they're my favorite clothing to wear. I particularly like flare cut ones, not like huge retro flare, but just like a modest 9" or 10" flare leg. I find it gives me a much more feminine silhouette than say a skinny, or straight leg. Detracts from my height. Maybe I pay lots of attention to detail, but I find women's jeans to be wildly different from men's. They're form hugging, they have a shorter and neater rise, the detailing is smaller, cuter, and gives the impression of a leaner, more curvaceous physique. Not to mention the huge variety of colors and styles. It baffles me that some don't realize how jeans can be as feminine as a dress, just as a dress can be as masculine as jeans. All depends on how it's made, and how it's worn. I can't speak for "mom jeans" or dad jeans, that's not really my thing. My experience is mostly in the trendier styles of women's and men's jeans, I suppose.

I was actually quite surprised to find that many women's jeans are just about the perfect inseam length for me, especially since women are typically so much shorter than men. But no, they're usually just right.

alice clair
02-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Me too womens jeans are the only kind I wear and my wife threw out all of my old mens jeans years ago. I like the skinny fit, but I also like the boot cut so I can wear my heeled boots with them. I love the embroidery on the back pockets, makes them even more feminine.

Michelle

Beverley Sims
02-11-2016, 08:46 AM
That is a difficult order to disobey. :-)

LacieMarie
02-29-2016, 09:34 PM
I wear mostly women's jeans out. One time out my aunt saw me and said those jeans look great on you, you should wear those more often. She had no clue they were womens. I find that they are just more comfortable than men's

Krisi
03-01-2016, 09:09 AM
1) Some women's jeans have useable pockets, some don't. Try before you buy (or carry a purse).

2) Some women's jeans have a lot of decorative stitching. These are easily identifiable as women's jeans. They should be reserved for when you are presenting as a woman. Plain (unadorned) jeans are better for "male mode".

3) The difference between men's and women's jeans is mostly the fabric and the cut. Women's jeans are typically more form fitting while men's jeans are baggy and allow for more freedom of movement. Women's jeans are often made with a lighter stretch fabric. Men's jeans are made of a heavy denim.

Gerrijerry
03-01-2016, 06:16 PM
My wife has been complaining about a pair of men's jeans that I wear to do messy jobs outside. Today she told me, Get rid of those jeans and get some new women's jeans that fit you. I have several pairs of women's jeans and shorts which I wear most of the time. Both she and the daughters have commented I look better in women's bootcut jeans. I don't like skinny jeans as much since I don't have the long legs for them.

My wife gave all my male pants jeans shirts underwear. Away to charity a few years ago. Once she accepted the female side of me. She told me one way or the other. I choose female. Never was sorry I did. We are still together as a married couple.

Krystenw
03-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Been there, done that.
The only thing I hate is the size discrepancy in womens pants.
I have a pair of 16W from several years ago that fit amazingly well.
I went to Wal-mart the other day and had to try on half a dozen pair and bought a 20W and a 24 and they fit exactly the same.
I have found that with the boot cut jeans, I can tuck in my blouse. But with skinny jeans I have to wear a longer loose blouse or tunic.
If my legs were as long in proportion to my torso I would be 6'2" instead of 5'8".