PDA

View Full Version : 6 years later, I'm finally fully out

MonicaJean
02-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Hard to believe that 6 years ago I joined this site! To me it was the stake-in-the-ground moment, a time where I said to myself "I don't understand but I need to reach out". I was searching, wondering why all-things-gender were surrounding me back then. I didn't know why, or even understand much of it back then.

Back then, hormones were icky to me. So was the thought of putting on female attire. And transitioning to female? Not a chance!

What a difference time makes in the equation!

As a result of logging on here, I have learned a lot here and downstream elsewhere. And I met my best friend because of this site! :D

But here's what being free looks like...free of a lifetime of depression, emotional numbness, intense anxiety, constant spinning thoughts in my head, nerve twitches that were there for years but went away on day 1 of HRT....

Free to smile, finally. Free to be.

I never realized how important the phrase "love yourself" is.... it really means respect yourself. If you can't respect yourself, who will? If you can't take care of yourself, who will? If you can't be your own advocate in your transition, who will?

You will.

You can do this. It's hard, make no other assumptions that it isn't difficult, this is a grueling process at times, but it's worth it!!!

Heidi Stevens
02-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Your smile says much, Monica! It's said this process is a marathon, but you held your own and look like you're ready to take on life as the happy, healthy lady you were meant to be. Good luck!

Kaitlyn Michele
02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
sooooooo happy for you!!!

you look radiant!!!

Marcelle
02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Hi Monica,

CONGRATS!!!! Your pictures say it all . . . happy and at ease :)

Cheers

Marcelle

Suzanne F
02-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Monica,
You look so sweet! Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement. You are right it can be done!
Suzanne

crystaltvco
02-10-2016, 02:03 PM
You can tell by your smile that you have found that peaceful place which all so richly deserve!!

Love your eyes btw ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Your smiles shows that you have found your happy place.

Love your eyes btw ;)

pamela7
02-10-2016, 02:34 PM
smiling for you; lovely.

Bria
02-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Monica, I think that you have hit on a very important subject when you mention "love yourself". Respect yourself, take care of yourself are all important ways to express what I believe is this first and foremost aspect of a healthy person. If we do not love/respect ourselves, we will not be able to love/respect others in our lives in the manner that we should.

Take care of number one, we have seen on this forum some of the results of taking care of number one and many of those results seem negative on the surface, loss of family, loss of friends. However if taking care of number one requires actions that result in those losses, then those are necessary to move forward to a point that the person can not only take care of number one, but has the capacity to be in a healthy relationship with others.

So much for my 2 cents, I'm glad that you have reached the point that you are free to smile, and free to be you!!

Hugs, Bria

Cindy J Angel
02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Here's a big hug

MonicaJean
02-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Thank you all! Yes, I am happy now! My eyes do show it. I look at my old pics and see how unhappy and in-turmoil I was in back then.

Stephanie Sometimes
02-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Your pictures tell us a lot and I appreciate the pep talk (and the reminder about the "grueling" part) , thanks for sharing!

PretzelGirl
02-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Monica, the changes are obvious. But as others say, the proof is in the smile. Rock being you!