PDA

View Full Version : Camera-shy?

pamela7
02-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I just had quite a revelation thinking about a thread on the main CD forum, asking about how many photographs we have of ourselves dressed. I realised that I've avoided being in photographs all my life - UNTIL I began cross-dressing. Now I'm very happy to be photographed, in fact I like it.

This is quite a subtle signal of GD for me, but I wondered, does anyone else feel the same - or not?

Rianna Humble
02-10-2016, 04:15 PM
I was asked for some photos of me pre-transition for an article about my back-story and I could only find about 5 in total including my childhood (which as many members know, pre-dates the dinosaurs).

Cindy J Angel
02-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Okay all my life I have loved to have my picture taken and still do as Cindy. And I will not aver get rid of Them. This a big deal to me. I read all the time we're the girls don't like their male self and don't have pic just like u said. I liked who I was. Dose it make me not real because of that. Okay I know it doesn't but that's how I feel like I am a fake. I have all ways said on here I had a Andy Taylor and Ope child hood ( I had a mom) but me and my dad was best friends he naver left me home whin I was growing up. So to answer yes In have a lot of pictures of me.

Jennifer-GWN
02-10-2016, 06:04 PM
As a photographer I'm generally behind the camera.
Old me ... I can count the number of pictures that exist on my 10 fingers besides requisite yearbook shots.
Jennifer on the other hand is a different story. I'm proud and happy with myself and pictures reflect that. Before...yeah not a happy camper at all.

I Am Paula
02-10-2016, 06:15 PM
I grew up on stage, so there are lots of me floating around, other that that, I just never thought about it much. I never posed for shots en femme, or took selfies.
Now I don't mind if people take pics, or even post them, if they get one that doesn't look like I should be peering off the corner of a gothic castle.

PretzelGirl
02-10-2016, 11:44 PM
I have been noticing lately (and maybe my Facebook friends notice too) that I am taking more pictures the further I am in into transition. Pre-transition was rare and even less so for guy pictures. I am assuming it is a display of feeling myself and realizing I am arriving where I wanted to be.

Wendy me
02-11-2016, 09:15 AM
when the brain feels like your home .... you tend to be more outgoing .....happy ='s more showing who you are........

Leah Lynn
02-12-2016, 12:42 AM
Wow. My siblings and I just went through Mom's personal things, and there were quite a few photos of me. All taken by family members at family functions. Outside of graduation portraits, I never wanted my picture taken. While in service to my government, I learned to avoid any photos as they could show that you were in a certain place at a certain time. Not good in that occupation. Now that I'm Leah, I've taken lots of selfies, and deleted them as quickly. As a woman, I'm no more photogenic than I was before. At least there's no beard now.

Leah

Kalista Drake
02-13-2016, 03:27 PM
For me, I was always shy before transition especially in front of a camera. But that was because I didn't like being me much. Now I love being me so I am much less shy, even in front of a camera. :)