PDA

View Full Version : Calling a CDer a lady.

Judy-Somthing
02-10-2016, 10:30 PM
I've been dressing up in women's clothes for fifty years and I don't want to be a Lady, just want to play dress up.

Rather than being called a lady I think Mr. Lady fits better.

Princess Chantal
02-11-2016, 05:28 AM
Hear, hear.

Kate Simmons
02-11-2016, 06:07 AM
How about "Mr. Lucky"? :)

Princess Chantal
02-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Can't be Mr. Dressup, that is for sure!

pamela7
02-11-2016, 07:59 AM
why dress up or seek to present as a female if you don't want the natural, polite consequences of being ma'am'd or miss'd?

Scarlett Viktoria
02-11-2016, 09:25 AM
I notice you have a female name ;-)

Krisi
02-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Well, if you want to be called Mr. Lady, that's fine but you'll have to figure out how to tell people to call you that.

Me, when I'm dressed as Krisi, I want to be called Krisi or ma'am. I'm playing dress up as well but I want to take it further than you.

Sara Jessica
02-11-2016, 10:03 AM
There are certainly others who would share your preference as to how to be referred to when presenting as a female. However, if I were to give any Muggle advice on how to address us if we are encountered in the wild, I'd suggest that they use the words to fit the gender we are presenting as. While it may be offending to you to be "ma'am-ed", there is a greater likelihood of them causing offense by "sir-ing" those of us presenting as female.

Judy-Somthing
02-11-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry I didn't mean to stir any trouble. It's just that in fifty years I've never been called a lady.

Well don't over think it. I just like to be open about how I feel.

Georgette_USA
02-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Not to be contrary, but if you don't like to be called a lady, seems like you will do a lot of correcting. When I am with any TGs/TSs/CDs I always use ladies or gals, depending on their presentation. I know some of the Gender Fluid prefer non gender naming, but hard for me to get used to that.
As I have gotten older don't like people calling me Ma'am, that is what I was taught when younger to use with older women.
I hate any prefix naming like Ms/Mrs/Mr, I prefer Miss but it has fallen out of use. I worked hard for that prefix.

Sara Jessica
02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Judy, you didn't stir any trouble. Even though I cannot relate to your POV, I would never discount it. Like I said, others have expressed your same sentiment so it is a real phenomena.

Think of it this way. No matter how we are referred by others, they run the risk of offending us. Call me sir while presenting as a female, I'm getting pretty ticked off (as in "what part of my presentation would even remotely make you think to call me sir?!?!"). Call you ma'am and you may get just as upset. But think about it...your presentation is technically the opposite of "sir" so it wouldn't be so rude for someone else to "ma'am" you.

In other words, I guess I'm validating why the outside world should err in my favor on this one, if that makes any sense. Not only by virtue of numbers (I dare to say more align with the ma'am camp than sir) but also by the simple common sense of our presentation.

I Am Paula
02-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I sorry, but I think you're in such a tiny minority you may have to wear a T shirt 'Not a lady'.

Karren H
02-12-2016, 10:56 AM
How about "Lady-ish" or "Lady-like"?

Tracii G
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Call me whatever you want but be sure to call me for dinner.

Judy-Somthing
02-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Here's a couple of fine Ladies
http://www.framestore.com/work/nationwide-little-britain

RADER
02-12-2016, 02:55 PM
I love that short clip. LOL
I am a stay at home person, so I do not get any "Mam's"
rader

Dana44
02-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Hardly ever get called a lady, however even in male dress and presentation, I get mam'ed a lot.

Lorileah
02-12-2016, 03:37 PM
maybe you can get a name tag. Because if someone calls me "he" or "Him" or "Mister" they are in for trouble. Since the majority of TGs work toward "passing" as you all say and want to look feminine, the default should be "Miss" or Ma'am"

Cheryl T
02-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Sorry, but I don't shave my body, put on all my makeup, fix my hair and nails, dress in pretty clothes, grab my purse and coat to go out somewhere so that someone can call me SIR!
I do my best to present as a woman and expect that I will be referred to that way.