PDA

View Full Version : pantyhose and stockings

chastity
02-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi I have been crossdressing for some 2 years but only at home and only in underwear, but what I wanted to know was what does everyone think about the pros and cons of pantyhose or stockings, i feel much more comfortable in pantyhose as I have not found a comfortable way of keeping stockings up

cutieamy06
02-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I usually don't like to wear stockings on my own time, but I have to wear knee-highs for school but it's not so bad!:p

Kathrynn
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Well, sweety. pantyhose are ok, but there isn't anything better than a pretty garterbelt and stockings and panties. Remember the panties go over the garterbelt. i have been wearing both for 40 years. if you want to feel pretty wear the stockings.
Kathrynn

Steph
02-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I love wearing pantyhose with a panty underneath. I wear it everywhere even at work. Just love that feeling.

AprilMae
02-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I wear pantyhose and thigh high stockings. I tried garter belts, and I don't care for them on me. I love seeing them on other women though.

Gale R
02-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I prefer stockings, much cooler in the summer, but panty hose are more practical to wear.
If i'm wearing my waist cincher stockings are always worn, it comes with attatched suspenders.:cheeky:

TracyDeluxe
02-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Not sure about stockings or garters, but I think chastity is highly overated!.

OK, OK, just kidding! :clap:

Say, did you hear the one about.......:cheeky:

InHerShoes
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I used to be a pantyhose wearer but now I love my stockings - they're just so much prettier. As for keeping them up look for the kind with a silicone band at the top. It grips your skin and they don't slide at all. Fredericks sells them I know but I am sure you can get them elswhere.
Happy dressing

Wenda
02-19-2006, 02:47 AM
I used to be a pantyhose wearer but now I love my stockings - they're just so much prettier. As for keeping them up look for the kind with a silicone band at the top. It grips your skin and they don't slide at all. Fredericks sells them I know but I am sure you can get them elswhere.
Happy dressing
I also prefer thigh-highs. I buy mine at Super Store. I do have a major complaint, however. Womens stockings are a damned rip-off! I have mens stockings that are 4 or 5 years old. Still working well. If you get 3 or 4 [B]WEARS[B] out of a pair of womens stockings, you are doing well!!

Phyliss
02-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I suppose it's the way I'm shaped but I can never find a pair of pantyhose to fit right. Either too short and end up "hanging" down, and everybody knows how uncomfortable that it, (especially at about 10 a.m. with nowhere to hide and be able to "fix" things). I'v also had them be way too long and end up wearing them around my arm pits.
To me, stockings are the best thing. Always the same maker and same shade. (Any runs or ladders, and no need to throw out the entire pair, I know with panty hose just cut off the offending leg and wear two pantyhose.)

What I buy is the Hanes Silk Reflections in size EF, they come in plain or re-enforced toe. I pick them up at the local Hanes Bali Playtex outlet mall.

Just recently I had the chance to view a pair of "suspender hose" on a model and I kinda liked them for the looks, The other day I went out and picked up a pair, from, of all places, walmart. Only $5 for them which I thought wasn't too bad to at least try them out. I have to admit that they weren't bad and they did stay up all day, which for me is a big deal. The nice part is the if you have to "do" number 1 or even 2, you don't need to remove them.
I guess if anybody has been thinking of giving them a try, then $5 isn't much to experiment with. I'm 5'9" and 215 lbs, so I picked out the "long" size.

Rhiannon
02-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Here in the UK we call them 'Tights' and I love them. I've tried stockings but only the hold-up variety with the elastic at top and I find they slowly come loose. Haven't tried them with a garter belt but maybe I should.

I love tights though - I love the soft smooth sensual feel of them. I love thick 60 denier ones and thin sheer 10 denier ones. I'm wearing some silky smooth brown ones at the moment, as I chill out here at home on a day off from work.

Love

Rhiannon

sweeting
02-19-2006, 08:42 AM
hi chastity ilove the look and feel of stockings with a pretty garter belt they stay up and you dont have to remove them in the washroom laurie

traceytv
02-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I prefer pantyhose and wear them most days although I do wear stockings on occasion with the right dress.

Tina Dixon
02-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Us bigger girls keep to pantyhoss, besides I just love them any ways, get good ones you dont need to wear panties:eek:

Lindahexi
02-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Stockings look more sexy, no doubt about it, but I just love the feeling of pantyhose (tights).

silkenhose
02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Interesting, my wife wears only stay up stockings, she loves them and hates pantyhose. She used to wear pantyhose all the time then found stockings and changed over night.

I love pantyhose and wear them along with panties under my suits to work most days.

I do wear stockings when ......... u know..... and they can be left on throughout, and my wife likes the look much better........

carolynhcd
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
I love stockings and thigh highs. But I also adore wearing pantyhose and have a large stash of never-worn pantyhose in many styles. It depends on your mood, but a girl should have every option in her hosiery drawer, just as she should in her lingerie drawer or shoe closet. Isn't it better to stand in front of your closet and decide whether today is skirt and top day or a dress day? It's the same with all of your girly things. There is nothing like being spoiled for choice.

uknowhoo
02-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh Carolyn, you're such a girl!:D

Kimberley
02-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Yummmmm...
Matching Bra. panties, garter belt and stockings....

Put on a sweet knee length (or a little shorter) skirt, cami and top, heels and you are just so good to go...
Oh and dont forget the hair and makeup too.

Too many choices......

(I seriously have to rebuild the closet. now)

Shelly Preston
02-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I prefer stockings or thigh highs the ease of use when you have to visit the little girls room.
Panyhose (tights) is ideal for eliminating a panty line, or when wearing a skirt or dress with a side split and you dont want to show too much

Stockings are so much sexier, and if you get a run you only need replace one.

"You pay your money you make your choice"

karinsa
02-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi.
I'm a stockings girl myself. But I didn't know that the panties went over the suspenders [girdle] I put my panties on first, then the suspender belt. I will try it. This is what I like about being here,you can always learn something,
karinsa xxxx

AllThingsPretty
02-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I just love them both.
But it all depends on what I am wearing as to which one i would wear.

Jeans or slack, I wear pantyhose.

Dresses, skirts or lingerie and I always wear stockings with heels :D

PAULINE61
02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Definitely the panties first-if u wear them! but apart from that it just got to be stockings and 4" heels.

Leigh Davis
02-19-2006, 04:31 PM
For me thigh highs don't stay up as well. I have trouble finding the right length garters for stockings. I love the feel of pantyhose over panties.
I know it's all personal preference.
Stockings and garters *are* good for the special times though!

fionablack
02-19-2006, 07:35 PM
I have no doubt I will be in the minority of crossdressers as a whole, but I have never liked pantyhose (or tights as we call them in the UK). Just never felt comfortable in them, and I also can't feel the sensations of my skirt as much as I would like to.

I do love stockings though. I think that they compliment skirts beautifully. I usually wear holdup stockings, they are great.

I occasionally wear stockings with garter/suspender belt. I feel incredible when I do. The sensation of the suspender straps engaging with my stockings is amazing, and combined with my skirt produces a pretty unbeatable feeling. The stockings tend to slip alot though with suspenders and I am constantly adjusting them, so I tend to stick with holdups and keep suspenders as a sort of treat that I enjoy once in a while.

TracyDeluxe
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I usually wear pantyhose when it is appropriate to wear hosiery, but I modify them by cutting out the cotton crotch, letting the unit hang free. Then a pair of panties, of course. I know this is not "womanly", but I hate the process of using the powder room otherwise.

(Can you say "unit" on the internet?)

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 12:54 AM
I have a separate drawer for my stockings.... I have pantyhose, thigh highs, stockings and knee highs in an assortment of colors. Mostly I prefer the thigh highs. I wear panthose with a shorter skirt. Knee highs with jeans or pants and I wear the stockings with a gart belt or an open bottom girdle if I really feel like dressing to the nine's and the dress is knee length.

Victoria

Deanna2
02-20-2006, 12:55 AM
My preference is for pantyhose, but every now and again I'll wear thigh highs. I rather like the thigh highs with the wide band of lace at the top. I think they are Voodoo stockings.

TGMarla
02-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I almost always wear pantyhose. It's convenient, and it keeps the package in place.

Audrey34
02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I've been wearing pantyhose ever since I first started crossdressing but after reading all these responses I'm now curious about thigh highs. My only question is, how well do they stay up after a couple of hours?
-Audrey

Julia Cross
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Audrey, my experience is they don't. They tend to creep downward and i don't like the feeling of the elastic on my thigh or the feeling of it rolling over. pantyhose for me, everyday!

J

cmiller1031
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I usually don't like to wear stockings on my own time, but I have to wear knee-highs for school but it's not so bad!:p

Amy,

Where are you allowed to wear or required to wear knee highs to school? I want to go there!

bobbi(CO)
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I prefer the feel of garter belt and stockings my self

SohoRose
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I usually wear pantyhose as I wear tightish jeans. I used to wear stockings underneath until one day I noticed that there was a visible line :o

bobbi(CO)
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
maybe I'd better check for that line lol

JoAnnDallas
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I wear pantyhose, as I am now wearing, but I also love hose with either a garder belt or open bottom girdle.

maryjanecapri
02-20-2006, 06:08 PM
i found a nasty old run in one of my favorite paris of hose so, when me and stephanie were out shopping, i decide to look for a pair to replace them. i don't find what i'm looking for so i don't buy any - and think "i don't really NEED them anyway".

but when i get home i realize - yes i do need them. pantyhose are just as much a part of my wardrobe as socks are to men of the "unenlightened persuasion". so i get on line and order 4 pairs of black hose and 4 pairs of nude.

i'm not going to fret every time i start to put on a pair of hose that i'm going to run them.

it was a great feeling i tell ya - just accepting that pantyhose are, in fact, a necessary part of my wardrobe.

just thought i'd share.

cdsheri6977
03-08-2006, 03:49 AM
i love em both but i ware a corset more then not so stockings is what i have the most of.

be sides i love to dress like a ****,

but thay are both sexy.

sheri:doll:

michaela2
03-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I have always worn tights, I find them much more comfortable and less of a risk of slipping down. but to each her own. Tights were also the first item I tried on all those years ago. I don't really know why but I am also more comfortable with buying tights as opposed to stockings when I put them in my basket at the supermarket ( tights are less of an erotic item than stockings I suppose.

MandyP
03-08-2006, 09:14 AM
I adore wearing both but being tall (5 foot 10 inches) and large (size 20) I find getting leg length is the big problem. A good garter belt is a must, I had one made specially by a lady friend and it makes wearing stockings an amazing experience.

patty anne
03-08-2006, 10:17 AM
I prefer a garter belt and nylons. I like the look and feel of wearing a garter belt and stockings with a thong or high cut panties. I recently bought a garter belt with six connections as opposed to the traditional four. It is really great as it keeps your stockings nice and tight.

betty glasgow
03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
hi i much prefer stockings <ffnylons> seamed so sexy and cool when iam hot xxxxxxx b

perfume
03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I myself enjoy wearing stockings, but as you know they do have there set backs. I very seldom wear pantyhose, due to the fact that they never seem to fit right. like the above reply, they ride down ,and i am always looking to make sure they are on right. panty hose are troublesome when using the bathroom. stockings are alot easier to work around. I myself often ask questions about the right hosiery to wear. sometimes i just go with what feels good to me. you do that you will have no problem. kisses.